[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Commodore 64 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: complete.jpg (134KB, 1340x828px) Image search: [Google]
complete.jpg
134KB, 1340x828px
Haven't seen one of these in a while.
Post your collections, memories, favourite games, etc.
>>
I always see people talking positively about the c64.

Is it worth emulating or should I try to find a real one?
>>
My parents bought a Commodore 64 in the late 90, I think they did it by mistake thinking it was a machine they could use for getting on the internet. Or maybe it was a gift. I tried playing some games on it but they were so bad/outdated/obtuse that I had little interest in them. They were Accolade Comics, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and some Ninja Turtles game. It basically sat in the corner of the dining room for 5 years collecting dust and bird shit (birdcage was kept next to it). Anyway that's my Commodore story.
>>
>>3883197
Part of what made is so special was owning one at the time. Learning the basics of programming, pirating/downloading games via the radio, fucking about with making your own trash, the small but tight knit indie scene that grew around it, etc. all made it feel really unique to grow up with.

I think it's still a very interesting piece of tech and one that can be really fun to get into today to mess around with, but if you're just gonna emulate it then it has few exclusives worth playing by this point due to all the ports and multiplats are nearly always better on another platform.
>>
>>3883197
Atleast with emulation you don't have to wait 5 minutes for some games to load
>>
>>3883192
>proprietary tape machine connector

It's a decent system though and it obviously has a lovely soundchip. I prefer the cpc but commodore made some nice hardware. Might load up paradroid now actually.

As for whether you should emulate or not, it's the same as always with older systems. If the authenticity isn't important to you take the easy and reliable route.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.