[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks vf3 aged worse than vf2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Am I the only one who thinks vf3 aged worse than vf2?
>>
graphics: vf2 aged better
gameplay: vf3 aged better
>>
it helps that virtua fighter 2 is the only virtua fighter game that really nailed the presentation
>>
File: VF_Remix_Akira.png (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VF_Remix_Akira.png
83KB, 640x480px
Let's not forget that VF2 has a fucking masterpiece music piece in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg2GBt8aElA
>>
>>3882919
>Let's not forget that VF2 has a fucking masterpiece music piece in the game.

True!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFpdGxcQFhU
>>
File: tumblr_ltxdp5ix3N1r2xz0zo1_1280.jpg (297KB, 1280x932px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltxdp5ix3N1r2xz0zo1_1280.jpg
297KB, 1280x932px
>>3882919
why did they stop using that artist?

>pic related got replaced by generic renders

why

im gonna shoot
>>
>>3882908
>graphics: vf2 aged better

How?
>>
>>3882908
Agree.

VF3 is damn tight, wish it was still played.

Having a dedicated "Dodge" button is more useful than sticking the functionality to the directional controls like they did in 4 and 5.
>>
>>3883446
It really needs to be ported to something other than the Dreamcast.
>>
>>3884452
Sega likely lost the source and assets for most of their older games. If some of them gets "ported", expect an emulated port.
>>
>>3882871
games don't age, they're either contemporary or not, good products or bad prodcuts
>>
>>3886957
fucking this, getting real tired of the same stupid hurr this has aged posts
>>
>>3882973

The art got replaced by renders because they wanted to showcase the video rendering technology more.
>>
File: vf3 boat.webm (3MB, 650x486px) Image search: [Google]
vf3 boat.webm
3MB, 650x486px
3 has the best glitch
>>
>>3882871
Personally, I find that the graphics try to be too realistic in VF3 and it doesn't look good imo reminding me of those CGI scenes of the time. Theres something charming about the model 2 graphics that as someone who was born around the time VF 2 was released leaves me at an awe because the improvement from the model 1 to 2 in terms of graphics, mechanics, and frame rate. Not to say there wasn't any improve from 2 to 3 but I'm more impressed with the one from 1 to 2.
Also Kage's theme is best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gqg7Q0dyA8
>>
>>3886957

Yes, if you are an autist. If you are not, games definitely does age, because tyhey are constantly compared to new games and new/more evolved mechanics.
>>
>>3888294
this doesn't make sense to me, it's a matter of semantics, I'll give you that...

let's say just for the argument's sake that Mario Bros 3 is the most perfect game ever made, you would say the game has aged well?? No, the game hasn't aged at all, it's simply put the best game of all time... The mechanics of platformers changed and evolved, into many different variations and you could compare it to all of them, that wouldn't make the game "age"... Mario Bros 3 stands out because it was perfect, period; it's not a game that has "aged" well at all, it's a game from another period of gaming (old period of gaming history, if you want) and the game happens to be a masterpiece. Wine ages, people age; games do not.
>>
>>3882919
Reminds me of Guile's theme in SFII.
>>
>>3887856
Christ, that's funny!
>>
>>3888294
>because tyhey are constantly compared to new games and new/more evolved mechanics
You know how retarded that is?
>>
>>3882871
It's a matter of taste, I guess. I'm actually very fond of early dreamcast games aesthetic, something about the high resolution and vivid colors but low poly and texture detail
>>
>>3887856
this is why vf4 removed both taka and boats
>>
>>3888294
They don't, you're just blaming the game for not liking/handling the controls correctly.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.