[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some titles actual hikikomori in Japan spend all of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: INCREDIBLE ANIME GODESS.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
INCREDIBLE ANIME GODESS.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
What are some titles actual hikikomori in Japan spend all of their time playing?
I want something "quirky", "well developed" & "immersive" enough that it can hold the attention of a mentally ill shut in.
>>
Shitty PS2 visual novels.
>>
prolly some shmup, mmo or grindy rpg like disgaea
>>
Touhou, but it's the whole series and a bunch of fan games rather than just one.

They also spend a lot of time with the horrible online touhou community.
>>
>>3882826
* PC VN

including old flash stuff.
>>
File: Atelier_Marie_Plus_Cover.jpg (60KB, 502x512px) Image search: [Google]
Atelier_Marie_Plus_Cover.jpg
60KB, 502x512px
Pic related and Iris sequels on the ps2 can help put off the inevitable suicide attempt.
>>
>>3882857
I thought only dudes played Touhou.
>>
>>3882876
Are these available in English?
>>
>>3882886
Apparently the translation is now 100% complete but they haven't released it yet as far as I know. Guy's last comment on it was 4 months ago. All three Iris games got western releases and are still pretty cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7S_jimzzjs
>>
>>3882876
This looks promising.

Are there any other titles people here may not be aware of you'd recommend?

Preferably for the PlayStation 1. It's important we have distractions here on /31/.
>>
GUNPARADE MARCH

PLAY FUCKING GUNPARADE MARCH
>>
File: 15102.jpg (162KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
15102.jpg
162KB, 704x396px
>>3882876

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAXDNiIcaGU
Yo, why the hell are the soundtracks to these games so bloody amazing? They look like no budget RPG Maker tier stuff.
>>
>>3882885
?
>>
>>3882725
Modern ones: shitty MMORPGs, moe games
back in the day: shitty text adventure games, dating sims, rpgs
>>
>>3882725
There are lots of RPG series that Japan really liked, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or lesser series like WIld Arms and .hack. They also really like Monster Hunter and Dynasty Warrior stuff. I know there have been a lot of games about the three kingdoms. It's kind of a hard question to answer when you consider that this is /vr/, and a lot of franchises have existed to modern day. Maybe /jp/ could answer it better,
>>
gacha shit and rhythm games if twitter is anything to go off of.

hikkis don't have willingness to dedicate to finding new games, they just get addicted to whatever F2P phone game has the cutest girls and play that endlessly.
>>
>>3883886
>/jp/
All they do is shitpost about subpar shmups series and idols.
>>
>>3883527
anything Daisuke Achiwa and his mates touch is solid gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzC-W3R77mY
>>
>>3882885

Having gone to college and hung out in weeb circles, you'd be surprised how many otaku girls are into Touhou. Cute characters, ridiculous cosplay potential, catchy music, it ticks a lot of the boxes when you think about it.
>>
>>3884798
Got roped into being the anime club faculty advisor a while back and can confirm. Lots of weeb girls love those games. Been slowly introducing them to real taste. Watching Box of Goblins and The Great Passage now. It's been a long ride.
>>
>>3882725
yume nikki
but you probably shouldn't give it to someone who's legit mentally ill
>>
>>3883905
Wow you weren't exaggerating. Literally 7 threads on the first page about idols.
>>
>>3882885
Actually I'm a little girl.
>>
>>3882725
Apparently the most far gone hikkis don't do fucking anything. They just sit in their rooms and stare at the walls all day. What's wrong with these poor bastards?
>>
>>3882725
Dragon Quest
SaGa
Wizardry
Call of Duty and other online FPS
Ragnarok Online and other MMOs
Basically any old jRPG timesink
PuyoPuyo while they remember their only childhood friend and contemplate suicide
Castlevania
Megaman
Thier own RPGMaker game that no one else will ever play or know exists
Elona+
>>
>>3882961
All the From Software games from the PSX era were actually pretty interesting.

I think there's probably a Metal Max game on PSX

like any shut-in though they'll eventually play anything

Torneko is another good one
>>
>>3886434
Did you get them to watch Kanashimi no Belladonna

what about Future Boy Conan? I bet you didn't know someone ripped and subbed Kin no Tori.
>>
File: monster.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>3886434
>introducing them to real taste
>shows them fujobait
>>
>>3888393

Watch/Read Welcome to the NHK if you haven't already, it's a great profiling on the condition.
>>
>>3888393
>What's wrong with these poor bastards?
No motivation to start anything. Why start if you re going to drop it anyway.
Feeling something like guilt for enjoying yourself and your free time. Can't really explain this one, but you feel like shit for doing something fun instead of doing something actually useful.

I went through this before, and still can't get rid of this guilt. Even when I have job now and even some social interaction.
>>
>>3888484
Nice meme. You've obviously never seen Moryo no Hako or you'd call it yuri instead.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.