[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that are fun because they lack any semblance of balance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: rape.png (25KB, 759x639px) Image search: [Google]
rape.png
25KB, 759x639px
ITT: Games that are fun because they lack any semblance of balance
>>
FFVIII
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Good survival horror goes from almost too hard blind to a walk in the park in ~20 hours
>>
>>3882497
A purposedly overpowered bonus weapon that is basically a God mode makes the game too easy

Shocking
>>
>>3882452
>lacks balance
>item has a .0001 drop rate
>>
>>3883089
Tedium is not, and never will be, a balancing mechanic.
>>
>>3883089
I've been able to get one in less than an hour in most of my playthoughs
If it weren't so, I wouldn't even try. I'm very impatient.
>>
>>3883089
Game is broken even without drops being taken into consideration.

>SOOOOUL STEEEEAL
>>
>>3883094
Yeah it is. What's stopping you from grinding to level 100 on the first area of an RPG then?
>>
>>3883136
I've heard of a few people who fully evolved their starter before the first gym in pokemon
>>
>>3883089
almost everything is broken in this game really. I tried once playing it with a "Level 1" patch where Alucard doesn't level up and it was still piss easy. Only way to make this somewhat challenging is playing naked+luck mode
>>
>>3882493
This
The research center in disc 3, one of the easiest side quests, straight up gives you 2 GFs, 100 ultimas, and 100 megalixirs. Very few games I've played give you such a huge reward for such little effort
>>
>>3883206
you can broke the game even before reaching dollet for the first time. 100 tornados + 100 curagas thanks to card mod
>>
The only balance in SotN comes from the player not knowing where anything is.
>>
>>3883089
So luck is balance?
>>3883136
EXP isn't a lucky drop.
>>
I prefer calling those games "breakable", opposed to "broken".

Parasite Eve at your second NG+ run can be another cakewalk if you got the right items and managed to merge all your weapons/vests bonuses into a single one. On my second run, I was just running around with an AK and killing the true final boss without even caring about my HPs.

On the opposite side, (not /vr/) 3rd Birthday capped me completely.

SoTN and Parasite Eve are not broken, nor is FFVIII. But they can be broken by a player willing to experiment, understand the systems and flip them over to steamroll everything on the path. Just like farming for Strength Seed/Capsule/Tab to make the main character a warrior of pure rage and power.

So no, they don't lack balance. On the contrary, they have a completely logic balance that can be exploited.
>>
>>3888545
you can crash FFVII using Ultima

Ultima + HP absorb, Ultima + MP absorb, Ultima + Quadra Magic, and for shits and giggles Ultima + Steal as well

And the game crashes
>>
>>3882497

> Resident Evil 2 is too hard

Get fucked, noob. I beat this game when I was like 10.
>>
>>3882497
>RE2
>walking the park
>he hasn't played the Nightmare difficulty of the Dreamcast and PC versions

It's like you've never even played RE2.
>>
File: Sigurd.png (46KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
Sigurd.png
46KB, 195x195px
It was pretty satisfying when the children avenged the deaths of their parents with broken ass powers.
>>
>>3890397
Story wise sure

that game is nigh on impossible, fuck I love FE, but Jesus Titty Fucking Christ that game was hard
>>
>>3890423
Speaking of which, since I'm not up with the news, is there a full translation avaliable already?
Last I heard it is only "mostly translated".
>>
>>3890427
nope, the S/NES Fire Emblems will almost always in it's entirety be "mostly" Translated
unless localized
>>
>>3883089
idk I feel like nothing in SotN has less than .1% drop rate.
>>
File: FF8-GF.png (230KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
FF8-GF.png
230KB, 640x480px
>>3882493
I love FF8 because you can break it at your own pace, so to speak. Once a player knows about cards, refining and how the leveling works, it's a completely different game to what someone doing a blind run would experience.

The only thing I don't like is the limit trick, because that is more of an exploit rather than an advantage you get from your knowledge of the game.
>>
>>3890394
>you think RE2 is too hard
>>3890395
>you think RE2 is too easy

lol I've actually never even beaten The Tofu Survivor. Does nightmare mode actually offer a challenge even with the chaingun and unlimited rocket launcher?
>>
>>3883089
You don't need that though. Shield Rod and Alucard Shield are both found with no need for luck and essentially makes you invulnerable. You can just walk through every enemy. Even Drac, you just walk into him and he dies in about 15 seconds while you're getting healed and filled with hearts the whole time.

It's actually hard to make SotN anything other than piss easy.
>>
>>3890351
W-summon
KotR = MP absorb
KotR = HP absorb
Counter = Mime
>>
>>3891017
Does that Crash the game?
and that sounds amazing
>>
>>3882452
This is only fun because the game is piss easy and this weapon makes you feel like you're not wasting your time on pointless fodder. SoTN is a game designed around bloat anyway.
>>
>>3883136
I did this with Mystic Quest because I wanted to buy the bombs and get the treasure at the end for myself.
Fucking scripts wasted all those hours....
Anyway, on to my point. The game after that was trivial.
So your point is valid.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.