[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look at you, hacker.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (14KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 327x154px
Look at you, hacker.
>>
>>3880889
Shodan deserves a bump.
>>
File: 1403933863403.jpg (137KB, 900x678px) Image search: [Google]
1403933863403.jpg
137KB, 900x678px
>>3880889
>>3880889
>>
>>3880889
Was not a pc gamez player when the first was released and only played the demo of the second. I don't remember a thing after the hub level, but I do remember longer chunks of other comparable demos of games. Klingon honour guard, Shogo : MAD and blood 2 etc. Aside from the atmosphere and aesthetics like Shodan, wasn't the games of the SS series clunky and largely forgettable?
>>
>>3881462
SS2 is pretty awkward because its whole stat system and selection of weapons are poorly balanced. Also, it gives the illusion of exploration but it's really linear which just makes level navigation frustrating. The game is forgettable (outside of the plot twist) because everything you do is just "give the woman who is speaking in your ear access to this or that", the game's aesthetics are rather mundane, and the enemy roster is equally mundane and lacks variety.

SS1 is an outstanding and highly memorable exploration + shooter hybrid. It's distinct from most games (including SS2) in that you are only given general instructions on what you have to accomplish and you have to figure out the particulars yourself by piecing together information that you glean from scattered log entries. There are no objective markers or even an objective checklist that updates automatically and lets you play on autopilot; you have to pay attention to everything you read or listen to. Accomplishing objectives often spans multiple levels and they are more concrete (part of the space station usually blows up) than bullshit like "enable security bypass" or whatever. The UI and controls take some time to get used to, but the improved controls in Enhanced Edition works really well with the only fault being that there is no hotkey for reloading/unloading weapons and that you still have to do it via the UI.
>>
>>3881447
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csGbC-Ojjg
>>
SS1 (portable) > SS2

debate me
>>
>>3881568
>plot twist
Only a plot twist if you don't look at the cover and ignore the intro
>>
>>3881853
I can't
>>
>>3880889
Yeah, been eating better and working out. Thanks for noticing!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.