[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cruis'n World Gameplay N64 (1996)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: cruisn-world-04.png (203KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cruisn-world-04.png
203KB, 800x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6peVVwoBxu4
>>
Ok? Is this a CRUIS'N thread?

I remember the disaster Cruis'n USA was on the N64. It was one of the big ULTRA 64 titles but the port was just shit.
>>
>>3878783
What was bad about the port?
>>
>>3878783
It was also like the 3rd title released for the N64 outside japan
>>
Both arcade Ultra64 titles were medocre as hell and received laughable N64 ports. Just further proof that Nintendo should have went ahead and sided with Sony and skipped the N64 clusterfuck.

Unfortunately, Nintendo polished a turd by marketing it to new gaming kids that didn't know any better and it became "popular" with horrible, style-over-substance titles.
>>
>>3878979
The arcade versions were legit fun as fuck.

N64 ports were shit, yeah, but what else is new.
>>
>>3878979
>implying Mario 64 on a PS1
>>
>>3878924
It was destroyed by magazines at the time and rightly so (I remember Game Players giving it like a 4 out of 10).

Besides the censorship (who cares), the game played like dogshit and looked awful. Asking $60 for that abortion was stupid.
>>
File: 1487531825269.gif (967KB, 206x205px) Image search: [Google]
1487531825269.gif
967KB, 206x205px
>>3878924
>>3879305
https://youtu.be/0Nb_40J1_Bs
>>
>>3879049
Maybe someone would have reigned that pile of crap in and made it actually decent like Crash Bandicoot.

SM64 is the prime example of modern gaming thought overriding common sense and love of pure gameplay. Controls were bad, camera was terrible, but OMG IT LOOKED PRETTY AT THE TIME AND WE CAN PLAY IT OVER AND OVER AND MEMORIZE PRECISE JOYSTICK POSITIONS AND EXACT TIMINGS TO PLAY IT LIKE WE WERE PLAYING DRAGONS LAIR.

Gaming will never be good again until we can finally rid ourselves of the delusions that most of gaming shares that grew out of the mid-90s shift to a focus on style over substance. Crash Bandicoot still isn't a great game, but at least it had the presence of mind to try to work around the problems putting platformers in 3d created.
>>
>>3879416
>it had the presence of mind to try to work around the problems putting platformers in 3d created.
No; it was just on a system that could barely create 3D environments big enough to encounter the problems of 3D platforming.
>>
>>3879416
>>3879457
This is why Playstation and N64 need to be banished from this board.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAOD0Ga9F0c
>>
San Fransisco Rush was better
>>
>>3879629
This, along with Arctic/Hydro/Offroad Thunder and California Speed. The Cruis'n games are okay, but they're the weakest of the Atari/Midway driving games.
>>
File: uwot.png (98KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.png
98KB, 300x197px
>>3879416
>OMG IT LOOKED PRETTY AT THE TIME AND WE CAN PLAY IT OVER AND OVER AND MEMORIZE PRECISE JOYSTICK POSITIONS AND EXACT TIMINGS TO PLAY IT LIKE WE WERE PLAYING DRAGONS LAIR.
This sounds more like Crash Bandicoot than Super Mario 64
>>
available for your home in 1995 only on nintendo ULTRA 64
>>
>>3879416
>mario 64 should have been as linear as crash bandicoot
this is such a fucked up post.
>>
Cruis'n USA was a very funny game. Arcade versions are better, but I can't buy every cabinet, I have Cruis'n Exotica cabinet and is enough, is a waste of space in my bedroom...

I love also Cruis'n USA, I did uncensored trophy girl and works also in the WII VC channel, I can't restore the animal to hit, if someone know how hack the rom will be wonderful...
>>
>>3879374
Oh wow this is great, I never realized how shit this game was on the n64 as a kid since it was the first racing game I really ever played at the time.
>>
>>3879374

I'm not sure what you guys are on about. That looks better on the N64 to me.

>>3881017

>I thought that game was great and enjoyed it a lot.
>but then the e-celeb told me how shit it really was and now I think it's awful.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.