[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Playthrough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Ffl_boxfront.jpg (49KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
Ffl_boxfront.jpg
49KB, 256x255px
After reading about The Final Fantasy Legend, I finally got myself a copy. Any pointers or tips for a first timer? Nobody I know IRL seems to have heard or played this game before.
>>
>>3878435
Like all games, your first playthrough should be blind. Just play it and discover the game for yourself. Don't worry about losing, it's not that hard. Save min/maxing for further playthroughs.

Enjoy! It's great.
>>
>>3878435

Fun gaym. If you choose 4 monsters you may have a hard time, I don't think they can carry itema
>>
>>3878448

I hate losing, but I'll keep this in mind. It certainly is different from many RPGs I've played.
>>
>>3878465
Unless you take 4 monsters and you are just plain awful at games you'll have no trouble with it. Just play.
>>
>>3878435
>>3838061
>>
go with a human, 2 espers, and a monster.
>>
>>3878435
Sell your starting weapon and buy some armor. It makes the early game much easier.
>>
>>3878435
>Any pointers or tips for a first timer?
Try to not fuck things up.

Other than that, just play it blind, it's not a hard game and it's more satisfying to learn it by yourself, there's also a great remake for the WSC which is basically just a graphical overhaul with some needed bugfixes.

If you like it consider playing the rest of the SaGa series, we also have a somewhat stable thread about it if you need more info on it so check that out.
>>
>>3878435
i wish this had a remake

guess i could always wait for a decent translation of the wonderswan one
>>
Steer clear of the SaGa general. It's pure autism.

That said, this game has vague similarities to Final Fantasy I for the NES. You assemble your own party from a choice of different classes (or races, in this case) and you gather four elemental spheres to help you progress further into the game.

It diverges from Final Fantasy in that characters don't level up. Instead, characters are developed in unique ways dependent on their race. You buy vitamins and give them to your humans to boost their stats, mutants simply gain random stats and new powers after the occasional battle, and monsters evolve into stronger monsters by eating meat that's occasionally dropped by defeated enemy monsters.

The only other major difference is that weapons and spell books have limited uses, or durability if you will. The game doesn't formally allow you to repair items, but there's an item-use restorative that can be purchased (for a lot of money) much later in the game.

That's probably all you need to know, and that much you can learn just by reading the manual. Happy journeying.
>>
I know I've played this and finished it when I was a kid but I can't seem to recall it.
So I'll play thru it right now
>>
You don't want to understand the game because it will be piss easy for you after
>>
>>3878465
It isn't a big deal if you decide to restart, it is a short game, clocking in about 10~12 hours.
>>
>Start FFL, decide to play a "necromancer"
>Start with one Human and three zombies
>Subject to difficulty spikes all throughout the game because I never know what my monsters will turn into next.

Only thing I'll say to the OP is that eating meat turns monster classes into other monsters, but not necessarily the thing they ate. In general, it'll raise their power, but it has a chance to lower it if there's no valid higher level monster of a certain type they can become. Eating the "right" stuff though will cause monsters to shoot up in power very quick though.
>>
>>3878660
>Steer clear of the SaGa general. It's pure autism.
What are you on about? The SaGa general is more tame and reasonable than any thread you will find on /vg/.
>>
>>3879175
>The SaGa general is more tame and reasonable

Missing the point, Anon. The thread consists of the same few hardcore fans and avatarfags posting at each other in circles, with every post reading like a blog entry or personal essay, coupled with shitty moe artwork. Then they begin incessantly bumping the thread, questioning why no one else wishes to participate in their holy shrine to all things Kawazu.

The SaGa general is so cringy that I've actually removed all SaGa games from my backlog and since moved on from the series.
>>
>>3879230
Sounds like /vg/ generals in a nutshell, especially the mmorpg ones.
>>
>>3879298
Exactly, except it's not on /vg/ where it fucking belongs
>>
>>3879230
I barely post in that general but instead just go there for answers when I have questions. I'm sure a lot of people are similar to me. I really don't think it's just a few of the same posters since it has 61 unique posters in the current general, a number of them probably similar to me.
>>
>>3878435
First time play through, you should pick a mixed team: 1 Male 1 Female 1 Mutant 1 Monster
That way you get a nice spread of the classes. Going all human is the most conventional and straightforward way to play. Mutants can be very powerful but they learn skills at random and it is possible to end up with a Mutant with no actual attacking moves.

Monsters seemed like the funnest to me when I was reading the Nintendo guide as a kid. Basically you pick from 1 of 4 types of monsters at the beginning of the game and then you power them up by feasting of on the meat that defeated monsters sometimes drop when they die. When you eat the meat you transform into a new monster based on what type of monster you are and what type of meat you ate. The problem here is that you monster is basically only as powerful as the actual enemies you meet in game and can't equip any weapons or armor like humans and mutants. I never really found a spot where I could eat certain meats to actaully end up with monster more powerful then the area I was in. Generally the monsters just feel under powered :(
>>
>>3879376
Yeah it takes a lot of trail and error. In FFL1 when I played it as a kid the monster somehow got really strong and carried me for a bit. In FFL2 it wasn't until later in which I did decide to use a monster it got stupidly strong and carried my team for a couple worlds until the next transform and then it suddenly carried my team for the next few. I wasn't even looking at how monster transformation worked.

Without knowing anything about monster transformation it will either go really bad or really good.
>>
>>3879389
I was pretty terrible at games as a kid, so I probably just didn't do the monster right lol
>>
>>3879394
Even if you did it now you would still fumble since all the manual said was that strong monster meat would give a likely-hood to morph into stronger monsters. You just need to know when to hold them and fold them.
>>
Go for balance. Don't be an idiot like me and pick something like say 2 humans and 2 mutants unless you know what you're doing.
>>
Why do people make retarded threads like this? Go make a fucking blog.
>>
File: 1435174463502.png (154KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1435174463502.png
154KB, 330x327px
>>3879230
>people are fans of a thing and post about it with likeminded individuals
>maintain a friendly rapport with each other
>literally, these people interact socially and get along with each other and anyone who comes to ask questions
>"autists"
literally so autistic he gets offended when other people get along with each other and don't do anything degenerate
>>
>>3879642
It's funny. I remember before autists became the boogeyword back in like 08 or 09 people called each other hipsters for liking things, and real autists would use their autism to explain why they didn't like things.
>>
>>3879701
if you actually look at the word, autistic just means "person who chooses to be alone instead of being with the group"

literally, it's been labeled a disease to not go along with everyone else's ideas and activities

conform or die

this of course, is a plot by the jews and the muslims
>>
>>3879230
None of what you said is true though, you say people are avatarfagging but just to take the last thread as example, out of 107 posts there's just 16 images, you say post reads like blog entries when the average post looks like this>>3856434, you say it's a circlejerk(eh) but there's 61 unique IPs, and in general the threads have about 100.
Moreover you complain about people talking about the fucking games and their creator? Especially when just in the last thread there's people talking about some unrelated PC98 game? You got some real courage telling other people they're autistic and cringy.

Then again, considering you're the same faggot who comes into every thread telling people to stop talking about games I'm not surprised, you're probably the same actually autistic faggot that complained about people using the games' japanese shortened names for convenience.
And of all the general threads you complain about the one about fucking videogames when the most unrelated is the CRT general.

Get the fuck back to /v/ if you can't stand people talking about things they like and being enthusiastic about them holy shit, you're the cancer killing what made this board great back when it was new.
>>
File: 14273099.jpg (61KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
14273099.jpg
61KB, 300x213px
>>3878435
Don t play it blind, since it s so different from other traditional RPGs you ll just end up confused... In my opinion to get the best from this game you should at least know the basics and not by trial and error but reaading some documentation if you can such as instructions and so on. Beside that you should know this is a really unbalanced game but in a funny way.
The first thing you should do when you start is to hire your party. A fair choice is 2 humans one mutant and one monster for a beginner, because human are slow to rise but really powerful.
Also monster can be really powerful later in the game because they can obtain oneshot moves and oneshot moves have high success ratio in ff legend.
And finally you should know that for humans the stats are saved in a 8 bit unsigned int aka they can go from 0 to 255 but the game shows them correctly only until 99 points. Keep that in mind because in the last part you'll need more than 99 attack or speed to keep your humans useful.
Have a nice day and have fun.
>>
>>3879175
>The SaGa general is more tame and reasonable than any thread you will find on /vg/.

You've not spent much time on /vg/. It's similar to here, things vary a lot thread to thread. Some are shitposts fests, others just endless waifu talk, but others are decent. Animal Crossing general is super friendly and MHG is usually helpful as well.
>>
>>3879886
>traditional RPGs
Let me guess, your idea of a "traditional RPG" is Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest series.
>>
>>3878435
Read the monster meat FAQ so you can get beast monster in world 1.

If you don't want to cheese, then it's best to just have 1 human and 3 espers. Causing "training" a human is bloody expensive.
>>
>>3878469
http://www.finalfantasykingdom.net/fflmorph.php

4 monsters is doable if you follow the above meat chart. You just have to avoid some combat cause you can't load up on items or backup weapons.
>>
>>3879230
>The SaGa general is so cringy that I've actually removed all SaGa games from my backlog and since moved on from the series.

>Don't like the games I like!!!!

Triggered much, autist hipster?
>>
>>3880379
yeah sorry i meant jrpgs... and even in that regard the ones you mentioned are some that come to my mind. Anyway thanks for pointing that out
>>
>>3880414
That's why I said 4 monsters and terrible at games. FFL isn't hard at all.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.