[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did we reach this point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: bowling.png (210KB, 754x386px) Image search: [Google]
bowling.png
210KB, 754x386px
How did we reach this point?
>>
Just because something is listed for an arm & a leg, doesn't mean it actually sells.
>>
>>3876994
why would you want to own a shitty bowling game?
>>
>>3876994
its glorious
>>
completionists.

I have zero desire to own games I don't intend on playing, I do own a few sports games but those are actually fun to play.
>>
>>3876994

Why is Nintendoshit always so much more expensive than anything else? Do Nintenyearolds intentionally drive up the prices?
>>
>>3877264
normies
>>
File: gitgud.png (9KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.png
9KB, 768x672px
>>3877264
>nintendo stuff is expensive!
>he doesn't collect aes, pce, or any other actually expensive library
>>
>>3877980
This.
Nintendo shit is fairly inexpensive aside from a few weird titles (fucking Demon's Crest, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Earthbound, EVO)

It's supply and demand.
Some of those games are somewhat rare and have enough demand to get high prices. (Demon's Crest, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, EVO)

Others are common as fuck, but the demand is also very high, so even though there is regularly like 50 of them on ebay at any time, they command a higher price (Earthbound, MMX2/MMX3, Turtles 4)
>>
>>3877994
>It's supply and demand.

It's resellers buying up every copy of every Nintendo game they can find underpriced at yard sales, and hoarding said copies in their basements for years on end because they've grossly overestimated the number of people who have any interest in paying USD$100+ for a sunfaded plastic cartridge. Artificial supplies are not "supply and demand," they're intentional efforts to exploit a market.
>>
>>3878005
I suppose the supermarkets hoarding milk instead of selling it to you below market value is artificial supply as well. kek
>>
You guys are aware it will only get worse as time goes on? Somebody needs to do something.
>>
>>3879221
>I suppose the supermarkets hoarding milk instead of selling it to you below market value is artificial supply as well

Is this supposed to be a joke, or are you really this fucking stupid?

Wholesale and resale are two entirely different concepts. A more accurate analogy would be someone traveling to every market in the world, buying out each market's entire stock of milk, hoarding said milk in their basement, then attempting to scalp the milk to the general public for 500% markup.
>>
>>3876994
It's probably two bots continually adjusting their prices in response to each other. They'll be driving each other's prices up ad infinitum until a person intervenes.
>>
>>3879237
How is anyone going to do anything about it? The only way to end the resale madness would be to buy copies and destroy them. But that wouldn't even work cause you buy and destroy some shit, and there is another fucker out there with a few copies of this selling them slowly over time for outrageous prices. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing copies of this bullshit destroyed and other pieces of shit like Clayfighter destroyed except for the fact that it would only raise the prices further of other existing ones on the market. Functionality is the only thing that gives an object worth in my eyes. Something like a factory sealed Super Bowling has no functionality unless you'd count taking u space and spending money. Even CIB, things like reg cards serve no purpose. Anyone who looks at that shit and thinks "ooh how neat how they had this" is full of shit. It's a boring piece of paper that no longer serves any true purpose. And then, a shit game like Super Bowling might be playable on a console, but if your goal is to play a shitty game then you're just a fucking pleb I guess. Imagine going to your retro game colelctor friend's house as a normie unaware of retro games and the market and him popping in Super Bowling and saying "Yep this game is worth than you're shitty dslr camera" you respond only in confusion and sheer disbelief at the stupidity of the existence of an object like this and the retardation of the situation you were in with your friend.
>>
File: 43rf.png (52KB, 797x157px) Image search: [Google]
43rf.png
52KB, 797x157px
The box by itself.

I'm flabbergasted.
>>
>>3879294
What kind of sad hole in somebodies life would there have to be for them to buy the box to complete their Super Bowling and finish their boxed n64 collection to get sleep at night?
>>
>>3879307
One which is also easily filled by vagina but somehow isn't.
>>
>>3877264
Yes, worst fanbase ive ever come across. and I used to frequent metal gear solid boards.
>>
File: never go full retard.png (382KB, 1383x602px) Image search: [Google]
never go full retard.png
382KB, 1383x602px
>>
>>3879343
>utah
why am I surprised, we have so many retro game scumbags here
>>
>online auction sites that overprice fucking everything
Honestly, anyone still using eScamBay or CraigsFuck in fucking 2017 deserves to be scammed out of tons of money.
>>
>>3879239
>the resale man travels around the world in a sleigh made of earthbound carts and forces everyone to sell him their vidya for $1 so he can hoard it in his basement
Good analogy. lel

>>3879291
Let the butthurt flow through you
>>
>>3876994

Metaljesusrocks did a video on this game...he just seems to do videos to try and bump up prices.
>>
Has there ever been a game you've wanted, and you've been keeping an eye out for it, but every time you see it, it's just more expensive as the months go by? It's especially painful when you see it happening before your eyes.
>>
File: 1452100482026.gif (387KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1452100482026.gif
387KB, 500x382px
>>3879237
>somebody needs to do something
>>
>>3879426
I still manage to snipe great deals on Ebay. Just recently got Castlevania Chronicles for $20 from a guy who fucked up his list title and Gitaroo Man for well below going price because I caught the BIN right as it was listed. Also stalked a lady on Half dot com who was on vacation and had a copy of Einhander listed for $30 until she got back and I could clear the purchase. Stay vigilant, but patient.
>>
>>3879426

I've gotten significantly better deals on eBay then flea markets or game stores. You just have to be smart and not jump on the first price you see.

The resellers are enabled by dumb spergs willing to spend outlandish amounts of money on this shit.
>>
>>3877264
Please watch your language, you're not on vee.
>>
>>3876994
Scarcity
>>
>>3880020
If they legit fucked up on their listing there's a high likelihood they will just cancel the sale and refund your money. That happened to me once when someone accidentally listed Crossed Swords 2 MVS as Crossed Swords 1. They sent me a message admitting they fucked up and are unable to release the item for the listed price.

Unless you already received the item which I guess means they'd rather accept their fault and use the loss as a learning experience which is fucking bizarre for eBay.
>>
>>3880152
The madman sent it to me. I checked his store and it's nearly all clothing so I guess he didn't know or care. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll search all new listings for ps1/2 games and refresh it every few minutes fishing for deals. I see them fairly often. Missed a $10 King's Field longbox complete a little while ago. It was gone in seconds.
>>
>>3880459
This is how you use ebay. The pics in these threads are of ridiculous buy it now items there to part fools and their money.
>>
>>3879307
probably a hole in their retina which prevents them from seeing part of their field of vision and they miss "box only"

I'm absolutely convinced everyone selling "box only" is nothing but a scam artist
>>
>>3880503
I've seen plenty of sellers list something like Lunar 2 case and manual only and have each individual disc listed in separate auctions.
>>
>>3879291
Reg cards are dumb, but I collect boxed PC games and I love seeing shit like catalogs and ads.

They're like time capsules.
They also help me make lists of things to find that I've never heard of, but want to play.
>>
>>3880590
I agree, seeing the catalogs are neat, but the reg cards are for the autistic.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-24-14-50-27-1.png (349KB, 1080x831px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-24-14-50-27-1.png
349KB, 1080x831px
>when you make a cool $800 off some cardboard
>>
>>3880667
A fool and his money are soon parted.
>>
>>3880667
How can I start faking these?
>>
>>3879237
Right?!?
Someone needs to make a way so you can play these games without spending an arm and a leg. I mean, if there were a free way to play them then surely the prices would go down, right?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-24-15-31-22-1.png (135KB, 1080x282px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-24-15-31-22-1.png
135KB, 1080x282px
Oh hey a CiB sold back in January. I clicked, the guy got me.
>>
>>3877980
Yeah, I thought N64 prices and especially SNES prices were cocaine-tier before I bought my Saturn and began trying to get CIB games.
>>
This is why normal people see collectorfags as retarded
>>
>>3876994
MISB is a market created by investors who wish to hide money.

Grading is the same way.
>>
>>3880674
with a $5,000 printer and dwindling supply of old cardstock that is no longer manufactured and becoming increasingly expensive.
>>
>>3881465
Sounds like you really know your shit. lel
>>
>>3879237
There's nothing you can do, these shit cost as much as people are willing to pay, and looks like people are willing to pay 400$ for a shitty bowling game for reasons.

Money talks, shit walks, unfortunately if you want to collect games you are in the worst time in twenty years, but ebay doesn't lie so fork the money, wait for the bubble to burst (hopefully) or get an everdrive, as sad as it sounds.
>>
File: 20170308_211001-1612x1209.jpg (622KB, 1612x1209px) Image search: [Google]
20170308_211001-1612x1209.jpg
622KB, 1612x1209px
>>3876994
Haha I pretty much completed my collection years ago. Although the remaining 9 or so cards I need will cost £1000+. Either way, when I get the full set, I'm putting it up for sale and getting me a decent mortgage
>>
>>3881736
Only if you want to fool hardcore collectors.

You can cheap out if you want to sell to average joes or make legit repro.
>>
>>3880667
This must be youtubers buying them to have them in the background of their videos. No one else would be this retarded.
>>
>>3882869
Aren't the vast majority of those games worthless shite though?
>>
>>3880503
>>3880526
This happens quite often, people will part out CIB games in hopes of scraping up another few dollars
>>
>>3883258
top kek baby parrot
>>
>>3882869
>Everything is going according to plan. Nothing wrong will happen by the way.
>>
>>3883326
desu I wish they would more often. I've been looking for a case for my discs only copy of Persona 2 EP for a couple years now
>>
>>3882869
>Purchasing ALL the N64 titles

M8, I love the 64, but even I admit that 85% of the library is worthless shit.
>>
>tfw you managed to save all of your systems and games
>tfw you go on ebay and laugh at the current prices for system and games
>tfw you go on /vr/ and laugh at anons who piss and moan about the current prices of systems and games
>>
>>3879426
ebay is fine, you just have to dig a little. Also, each console has its time of high and low. Now is the time to buy 6th gen shit, for example.
>>
>>3879291
>How is anyone going to do anything about it?
Support emulation
>>
>>3880134
Kek. Wow didnt know /vr/ watched vee!
>>
>>3880675
I guess not. Ohh well. Fuck at this point im tempted to sell my game collection as long as i can emulate them!
>>
>>3879294
What's with this game? Is there some kind of secret cult around it which I wasn't aware of?
>>
>>3885805
Har har har. Bad b8
>>
>>3876994
Why does anyone even have a factory sealed copy of Super Bowling?
>>
>>3886024
Same reason sealed copies of Super Caesars Palace still exist: nobody ever wanted them before speculators ruined prices.
>>
>>3884998
85% of almost every game library is worthless shit.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.