[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is the canonical reason only Sonic can use the elemental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: elemental.jpg (75KB, 600x237px) Image search: [Google]
elemental.jpg
75KB, 600x237px
So what is the canonical reason only Sonic can use the elemental shields?
>>
The chaos temple (knuckles temple) gave it to sonic because he went super sonic in the 1st game. he proved he was capable of using the inner spirits of the chaos emeralds and so they allowed him to use the elemental shields. Then knuckles was jealous so he teamed up with Eggman to destroy Sonic and prove to the elders that he was capable of being the one who should own the emeralds.
>>
>>3874660
Cause he does what nintendon't
>>
>>3874689
Inspire a whole generation of furries?
>>
What reason do you need? Do you need a story about Mario being a chosen hero of prophecy to explain why he can use Fire Flowers?
>>
>>3875029
Why does Mario grow with mushrooms? Why does Yoshi rapidly develop the instant the egg cracks open?
>>
Tails can fly and Knuckles can glide and climb up walls.

I guess going fast isn't enough to stand out.
>>
>>3874660

No idea on canon. My guess? The energy that he uses to create his mid-air shield thing is the same thing he uses to make the elemental shields do things.

I.E. Its not that the elemental shields have special moves, its that Sonic can make them have special moves.

But that's just a stupid guess.
>>
Because he's the chosen one. They were made specifically for him in the first place.
>>
Because Knuckles and Tails have an always-on gimmick, and as a result using the elemental shields would have to unbind their current gimmick to gain the elemental one.

Could you imagine how jarring that would be?
>>
>>3874660
>So what is the canonical reason for a gameplay mechanic?
Don't do this, m8.
>>
>>3875379
theres no reason we can't make games where every facet has verisimilitude

this was like 20 years ago though, that was a different time
>>
Who'd win in a race: Sonic or The Flash?
>>
>>3875467

Sonic's speed is an illusion. He is incapable of outrunning an obese man with underdeveloped legs.
>>
>>3875251

Well, we got 3 buttons that do the exact same thing, they could map B or C to activate the shield's powers
>>
>>3875469
Eggman is not obese. He has an unusual shape.
>>
>>3874660

>canon
>in a Sonic game

Lorefags once again confirmed as being retarded.
>>
>>3874696
Pokemon furries are actually worse and much more numerous than Sonic furries, so
>>
>>3875032
>Why does Mario grow with mushrooms?
He doesn't, they grow natively.
>Why does Yoshi rapidly develop the instant the egg cracks open?
Because Yoshi was sealed inside the egg by Bowser's dark Magic, it's the same green adult Yoshi every time. The other colored Yoshi don't rapidly develop the instant the egg cracks open because they are actual babies hatching from real eggs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.