[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Ghouls 'n' Ghosts be considered a run and gun game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Can Ghouls 'n' Ghosts be considered a run and gun game?
>>
File: mario.png (17KB, 180x91px) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
17KB, 180x91px
what about super mario?
>>
>>3874623
I would consider all The GNG series to be run and gun games.
>>3874657
Super Mario games i wouldn't, because in all GNG, It is your only form of attack (yes i know about the sword in Ghouls and Ghosts. Metal Slug 6 and 7 also had a sword)
>>
>>3874657
mario is a hop 'n bop
>>
It plays like pre-Contra run 'n gun games where the aiming and mobility is more limited.
>>
>>3874623
No
>>
Is Karnov a run and FAYAHR?
>>
The only good run'n'guns are gunstar games.
>>
>>3874924
>run 'n gun with life bar
>good
>>
File: are you serious.png (191KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.png
191KB, 419x398px
>>3874924
>>
Which is the best port of Ghouls 'n Ghosts? I heard TurboGrafx16.

Which is the best game in the entire series and on which console?
>>
File: capgen2.jpg (46KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
capgen2.jpg
46KB, 450x450px
>>3876216
>Which is the best port of Ghouls 'n Ghosts? I heard TurboGrafx16.
See pic.

>Which is the best game in the entire series and on which console?
The first arcade game.
>>
>>3876216

Super GnG is the best. If the slowdown really bothers you then play the ps1 or ps2 versions.
>>
>>3876256
>Super GnG is the best
t. nintendo fanboy
>>
>>3876235
That's emulation.
>>
>>3876405
It's the only way to play arcade-accurate versions of the first two games on consoles.
>>
>>3876268
How he can be a nintendo fanboy if he didn't say "Super Marios and Zeldas"?
>>
>>3876216
>Which is the best port of Ghouls 'n Ghosts?
The best ones are x68k, PS1/Saturn, PS2, you'll be fine with any of those. The MD and PCE ports while downgraded are also really good. Don't bother with the western computers or Master system versions.

>Which is the best game in the entire series and on which console?
I'd say Ghouls 'n Ghosts, on the original arcade of course, aiming up or down really adds to the action and the platforming is also more solid than the first game.

Ghosts 'n goblins while a clunkier is also pretty solid, as long as you play the latest revision without damage sponge satans, I think they used that later revision for the PS1/Saturn/PS2.

Super GnG is ok,although feels slower and drags a bit compared to the arcade games, especially the shitty autoscrollers.
>>
>>3874623

Beltscroller-style Contravania.
>>
File: 1476133197535.png (116KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476133197535.png
116KB, 456x320px
>>3876268
> be me and my dad
> try for years to beat Super GnG
> last boss is fucking impossible with the fucking bracelet
> finally beat the stupid boss after years
> One more boss after that one
> oh shit
> its a push over
Still, I love and hate that game at the same time.
>>
>>3874623
Yeah, they basically are. They definitely have much more in common with Contra than Castlevania.
>>3874657
I know you're trolling, but in Mario combat is very unimportant, and focus is on platforming, Fire Flower is just a powerup that lets you 'skip' enemies. In GnG you do a lot of shooting, and very little platforming.
>>3875030
Who cares? They have parry moves and amazing bossfights.
Also Contra has multiple hits too - because lives restart you exactly where you died rather than at a checkpoint, and they're automatic rather than 'press start' - they are not really lives, but just a glorified healthbar.
>>
>>3874780
Nah, it's more of a jump 'n bump
>>
>>3877759
I'd say it was more of a bounce 'n pounce
>>
>>3877750
>because lives restart you exactly where you died rather than at a checkpoint
It's not the same, losing lives is much more punishing than just losing a bit of health that you will recover later anyway, not to mention you also lose your power ups. It just allows for better design where you are always in danger if you lose focus, in Gunstar Heroes that tension is gone and the game isn't well designed to no miss it like other run 'n guns.
>>
>>3877750
>In GnG you do a lot of shooting, and very little platforming.
I wouldn't say its very little, you do quite a fair amount of platforming in GnG.
>>
>>3874623
No they're jog and throw.
>>
>>3877378
>be me and my dad
That's some hard core hillbilly shit there.
>>
>>3874623
Run and gun, to me, only applies to 3d and 3d esque fps. Ghouls 'n Ghost, Shinobi, Rolling Thunder, and Contra are platformers.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.