[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NES Four Score

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 51dKXsPNaFL.jpg (55KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
51dKXsPNaFL.jpg
55KB, 500x405px
Is it worth getting? What other games should I get? The only 2+ player games I own are Bomberman II and Super Spike V-Ball (which isn't fun honestly)
>>
>>3873886
2 second google search shows us:

Games
These games are compatible with the NES Four Score, for more than two concurrent players.

Anticipation
8-Bit Xmas 2011
Bomberman II
Championship Bowling [3]
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat
Gauntlet II
Greg Norman's Golf Power
Harlem Globetrotters
Heavyw8bit's NESK-1 [4]
Kings of the Beach [5]
Magic Johnson's Fast Break
Monster Truck Rally
M.U.L.E.
NES Play Action Football
A Nightmare on Elm Street [6]
Nintendo World Cup [7]
R.C. Pro-Am II
Rackets & Rivals
Roundball: 2 on 2 Challenge
Spot: The Video Game
Smash TV
Super Off Road
Super Jeopardy!
Super Spike V'Ball
Swords and Serpents
Top Players' Tennis

At a quick glance I'd suggest Bomberman II, Gauntlet II, R.C. Pro-AM II, Smash TV, Super Off Road, Super Spike V'Ball, Tennis. Maybe Swords and serpents

Played only a few, but with 4 players you will want competitive games. Smash TV and Bomberman are probably your best bet.

Doesn't the fourscore only cost like 2$ ? Not much of an investment
>>
>>3873897
Four Scores are about $30 or $40 nowadays

Gauntlet II looks cheap and cool, I'll pick it up, thanks.
>>
>>3873925

where do you live? I looked both on american and european ebay and they are under 15 dollars, in europe even for 6 Euros. If you auction one you could even get it half price
>>
>>3873935
I just looked at US eBay, the only ones under $15 were bids. All the buy it nows were starting from 20 (UK) or 30/40 (US)
>>
>>3873939
>buy it now

Why are people so impatient when it comes to buying things that came out 30 years ago?
>>
>>3873951
Buy it now just means you don't have to bid for it, you mong. If something starts at $15 in auction it can very feasibly end up being $30 anyways
>>
>>3873939
>>3873951

I never, ever buy now. There is no reason to, unless you need it for your party on saturday and its thursday or somthing similar. put all the bids of the product auctions you are interested in on your ebay-list, especially remember the awkward one that end like thusday at 5 o' clock in the morning (nobody is going to bid on that) and wait right before to ends to bid on it. Bid lower than the buy options tell you, it will most likely happen the first time, but after a few tries you will be lucky and save alot of money. If you want to be very sneaky and lazy you could get a sniper tool which does the dirty work, but that needs initial work.

Another possibility is to buy a bigger package (eg a broken nes with fourscore and two games), keep what you like and auction the broken nes away again. Can be a bit risky and cost more in the beginning, but it also can be profitable (but it's much harder to find an auction for your requirements).

Personally, 40 bucks would be too much for my taste. I had like 4 of them 2 years ago and each of them cost like 2€, was kind of astonished how high the prices are in the US
>>
>>3873975

The sad part is that ebay has become extremely littered with overpriced BiN listings. I think that has been a big contributor to rising prices. Kinda wish ebay would go back to (?) having listing fees for every item in order to discourage people posting listings that are triple the going rate and letting them sit on there for months or years. While I guess you could argue that they are simply irrelevant and don't give bidders a warped view of the value of uncommon stuff that doesn't get new listings every week (which I think it does), at the very least it gets tiring and makes ebay less fun to browse when almost every result for your search is an old, overpriced 30 day BiN listing that may or may not be on its fifth relist.
>>
>>3873951
Because bidding in an autistic hobby like this is a bad bad idea.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
You can say whatever you want about Nightmare on Elm Street, but a 4 player coop action platformer is totally awesome.

Also Super Off Road is tons of fun. IIRC the SNES version doesn't support 4 players while the NES one does.
>>
>>3873897
This list doesn't include famicom games, which I assume would work with the Four Score if you have an adapter or a flashcart.

There is
>Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke Dai Undoukai
>Bakutoushi Patton-kun
>kunio kung no dodge ball
>Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu
>Kunio no Nekketsu Soccer League
>Moero Twinbee
>Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu
>Nekketsu Kōkō Dodge Ball Bu
>Nekketsu Kōkō Dodge Ball Bu: Soccer Hen
>>
>>3873987
but even that is solvable for some instances. After typing in your search just order the listing to price+shipping lowest first when looking at buy (which shows you the lowest buy-price one the market), or combine auction + ending soon and go through the next 2 days to see what is still und value. You can also do the opposite and combine auction + low price+shipping to see all the cheapest auctions first and look at the time remaining to see interesting products.

This is all dependant on how far you narrow your search, if you looking at something specific like "nes four score" or "nes super mario bros 2", then the first ten shown are enough. But, for example, if you searched for "nintendo", even with the filter options you'd still get the thousands of 1$ buys for keychains and phonecases and all that shit. In that case I can understand that having such a high portion of suppliers can be overwhelming, but again with the right searchfunction this is avoidable.

As far as the view of value is with the bidder: If a bidder buys the expensive product, hen the bidder did not compare price, thus it's irrelevant for other bidders who actually compare prices and are targeted on the cheap product. But as time goes the more expensive the product gets, the more the bidder will start comparing products, making the market for expensive games more narrow and narrow, which forces some suppliers to up the ante and sell it a bit cheaper or suck air. Again, "buy"-situation doesn't concern you as much as the switch from casual buyer to informed bidder, as an interest for the auction increases with higher prices.
So it's the demanders for a 30 year old product whith a shrinking ressource-pool that causing increase in auction-prices, not the comparison to the buy-price; that passively sets the highest boarder people will go bidding though, which lies roughly (imho) ~30% under the lowest buy-price.
>TL;DR
Ebay filters are sweet, demand raises the price more on ebay than buyprice
>>
>>3874017
Of course there are also the uninformed bidders that are compulsive buyers and want to have the thrill of buying the product, in which case they pay even way more than the cheapest buy option would be, but those auctions were never meant to be for you in the first place (unless you are also a compulsive bidder).
>>
>>3873975
You're always going to end up paying more on Buy it Now but it has the advantage of knowing you actually 'won' the item. To make it worth your while in auctions you need to bid lower than the lowest priced Buy it Now on the same item being sold by another seller and you could still get beaten anyway. How many times are you going to get beaten in the auctions before you think fuck it an just buy one for a set price instantly? Just skip the hassle and buy it now from the start. People are too obsessed with getting a 'bargain'.
>>
>>3873897
Worth noting that Smash TV is only two players; the Four Score allows each player to move and shoot with D-Pads. Still a good game, though.
>>
>>3873886
Nintendo World Cup is a blast with 4 players if you can get past all the flickering
>>
>>3873925
There's also the NES Satellite
>>
>>3874083
It's no hassle for me and I don't know why someone should pay more for something if neccessary. I'm not talking about cents, I'm talking about the third of the price - with that logic you can click the first product that crosses your eyes without ever comparing prices, cause every cheaper product is a "bargain" not worth the time looking into.
If you bid on an item (that the "buy price" is 30) with 29$, to 99,99% that item is going to be yours. Save a dollar only doing this, not more effort in any way. And should you not win that bid then you have to click one time more and buy it for 30, so in the end for one more potential click and typing 29 you save a dollar. I really don't see the downside to this, but if this does not suit you I don't want to convince you either.

with each click probability and savings vary (I pulled these number out of my ass, but just to give an example):

To play this further:
28$ ~ 94,5%
27$ ~ 81%
26$ ~ 76%
19$ ~ 38%
14$ ~ 12%
5$ ~ 0,8%
and so on.
With each potential dollar saved the probability of getting this item also falls; also the activity you have to invest rises, that is true. So betting on getting the item for under 20$ you might have to bid on 3-7 auctions, which can be a hassle, IF you do it manually.
Like I mentioned earlier, if you use a sniping tool, you automate the process of bidding on a certain time and just do it in the same time you'd look for buying the product. You can potentially do this over your phone and whenever you have some spare time (like... I dunno... when you are playing some app-game while taking a shit), you type in the price 18$ on 12 products you are watching. 36 seconds (3 seconds per input) -> 12 products -> wipe and flush. The shit itself was more of a hassle.
So having 12 products with the chance of 33% should be able to win you an auction without having to carefully watch every auction AND it gives you the opportunity to bid on auctions out of your reach (eg.4AM)
>>
>>3874181
Can you give some examples of games you've snagged from auctions?

Also
>dfw Bomberman II is $200
>dfw RC Pro AM II is $100
>>
>>3874181

Furthermore probabilities start changing again if you account the factor time and availability into it. Like I said with the auctions at strange times (lik 4AM in the morning) the probability of you getting that for, let's say 18%, rises from 33 to 67% since nobody will put on their alarm clock and jump to the site. They either put it in during the latenight movie before going to sleep or forget about it. This also means that lower price probabilities rise, so only cause you typed in 18$ in each item doesn't mean the worst case will always happen.
You could actually get the item for 12$ for instance, that is more than 50% of the price... If you scoff at that then please adopt me, I'd love to have someone not care about money like that be my (sugar)daddy. Buy me all them sweet retro gamez

This went on longer than I wanted it to but all I wanted to say, just consider that pressing on "buy" is not the easiest, hassle free option. The money has to come from somewhere, saving that time on the web costs you an hour more at work. Invest some time and you can go on a booze-trip with hookers at the end of the year.
But again, whatever floats your boat, maybe it's worth looking into. 2 hours googling and you got this set up.
I'm probably stupid for telling you this actually thinking about it...
>>
File: rsz_1img_20170321_224930.jpg (644KB, 2070x1449px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1img_20170321_224930.jpg
644KB, 2070x1449px
>>3874187
fuck that's expensive

I can't really remember how much I saved doing this, it's been a while back when I used a sniping tool (about two years) and was buying new games on a weekly basis. I also watched alot of broken nes consoles (with accessories) and got them for dirt cheap, cleaned and fixed them up (fix/switch pin connectors,swapped parts), region-free'd them and sold them for double the price in auctions... without the accesories mind you (cables/controllers). And I did not put in buying price, the people auctioned it up. I probably paid like 20-25 for the lot and got 80 or more out of it, so about 60 win. Usually you'd have to buy them around 40-50 if it was at better time of the day/better day. With the money I could buy more games, so it was like a self-sufficient hobby.
Almost every game I bought sofar I also got under market value, so probably saved like 20-40% of the price with all the games. I can remember I snagged the Action 52 for about 80 cause it was at some horrible time like wednesday at 10 AM (who has time to bid then?), and usually I keep them cause I like to collect. But That game was so shitty and smelt like burnt rubber when playing so I sold it again and got 130 or more. See, if you would have bought it at a reseller with the buy option at that time you would have payed at least 199, probably even more now... I snatched Little Samson and Snow Brothers for about maybe 50 each in different auctions (They were part of a lot, so hard to determine).
>pic related
I started out with about 20 games till a few years back, then went on a hunting spree.

But for the most part for the longest time I did the auctions manually, I'd sit there and watch like a hawk and wait for the perfect time to bid and also thought "this is too time consuming, there must be a more efficient way" - and there is.
>>
File: QLbig.png (430KB, 452x486px) Image search: [Google]
QLbig.png
430KB, 452x486px
Quadralords can use up to 4 Arkanoid (Vaus) paddle controllers
>>
>>3874083
>You're always going to pay more for buy it now

Absolutely not true. I regularly find them cheaper than completed auction listings on a regular basis
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.