[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: retro waifu.jpg (101KB, 800x796px) Image search: [Google]
retro waifu.jpg
101KB, 800x796px
I've been looking for some old PC games, but they are not on GoG/Steam and I'm not interested in physical purchases.

What's a good site to download old PC games without worrying about malware? The games I'm searching:

whitchaven 1-2
wheel of time
hexen's 2 expansion
heretic 2
exhumed (powerslave)
kiss: psycho circus: the nightmare child
no one lives forever 1-2
>>
I have yet to encounter malware with downloads from My Abandonware and The Iso Zone though I haven't tried those partiular games. Just run any executable and dll files you download through virustotal to be safe.
>>
As far as Exhumed/Powerslave is concerned, be careful what you download.

Beta versions and bad rips (without music) are very common on "abandonware" sites.
It's recommended that you get the retail version of Exhumed, because it's the most up to date (for instance in the retail version of Powerslave there is a small glitch musics).

Anyway for Exhumed the date of the exe should be March 19 1997 and for Powerslave September 24 1996. That's how you'll know you're not using a beta version (which is particularly fucked, but which has plagued pirate versions of this game ever since release).
As for bad rips, well, you should an iso of the CD, and you should have music playing.
>>
>>3873206

>NOLF

http://nolfrevivalDOTtk/

That is NOLF 1 and 2 with a fanmade patch to get it working on modern systems. Also includes all official patches. It was made after Nightdive failed to get the rights to do a HD re-release so some fans took it upon themselves to do it.

>Exhumed

Powerslave EX is a thing. I unfortunately don't have a link, but I was lucky enough to have some kind anon on /v/ give me a media fire download link.

It's also rumored that Powerslave/Exhumed might be getting an official HD remaster soon.

>Hexen 2

Portal of Pravus was actually surprisingly difficult to find but with a bit of googling and searching random torrent sites and allowing for low seed amounts and a few days to download. You can get it.
>>
>>3875050
Not retro! Cool stuff though, good post. I'm probably due to play NOLF again, it's been probably fifteen years.
>>
>>3873206
Exhumed Saturn, PSX and PC games are completely different. PSX one was remastered by Kaisere as Powerslave EX - go hunt its links somewhere.

All of the others can be downloaded at "old-games.ru" . I believe they have english UI language switch now in the top-right corner. Download page is accessed through the tab on the game page - there can be some other files like patches and manuals. Actual download link page is clean and adfree, also has torrents for most of the bigger files.

There's a sister-site gamesrevival.ru that hosts sourceports, but most of them are outdated - has links to the devpages though.
>>
>>3875261
Also that site hosts quite a bit of canceled games and almost unknown eastern releases from middle east china and korea.
>>
Thanks for the replies, this is what I downloaded in case it's useful to other people (haven't checked most of it myself yet)

>nolfrevival dot tk
No one lives forever 1-2 with patches and compatibility stuff

>https://forums.duke4.net/topic/8090-powerslave-ex-public-beta-released-lol-nope/page__p__223521#entry223521
exhumed ex (v1.01)
>https://powerslaveex.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/its-happening/#comment-499
exhumed hd (not sure what it is yet but seems further work on EX from a different guy than kaiser)

>wheeloftimegame dot webs dot com
wheel of time with patches

>abandonia
vanilla exhumed pc
>theisozone
whitchaven 1-2
kiss: psycho circus: the nightmare child
hexen's 2 expansion
heretic 2
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.