[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this and where can I find more of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: upWqOKf.jpg (134KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
upWqOKf.jpg
134KB, 500x417px
What is this and where can I find more of it?
>>
It's autism.
>>
It's a joke.
>>
File: 1368293762670.jpg (35KB, 459x350px) Image search: [Google]
1368293762670.jpg
35KB, 459x350px
>>3873026

You're sure?
>>
>>3873031
Nigga what do you think?
>>
>>3873019
>>3873031

It's a parody of how fan-subbers leave in half-translated terms in anime sub-titles. That shit would never fly in games, so why anime? It's just a few screenshots. It's not a full mod if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>3873094
Because anime is full of weeabos that will sudoku you if you dont leave the honorifics and if they want their effort to actually pay off they have to include normies.

Videogames dont have that stigma.
>>
>>3873094
This was one of the things I always liked about fansubs. Official translations would sometimes translate jokes that then made them fall flat.
>>
>>3873031
Yeah, they hardly use chan/san in the japanese version. This is a joke translation
>>
I'd laugh if this were a real transtalation.
>>
File: meme-means-same.jpg (26KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
meme-means-same.jpg
26KB, 640x477px
>>3873231
How is a joke less flat if you literally explain it on screen at the same time?
>>
>>3874071
Puns. There was an old fansub of DBZ that stated "Goku means rice" when someone asked "who brought rice" when Goku entered the arena.
>>
>>3874089
But that's not true at all.
>>
>>3873231
>Official translations would sometimes translate jokes that then made them fall flat.
That's a failure on the part of the translator. The idea is to make your work as invisible to the audience as possible, and that includes changing things like jokes that don't work with a literal translation into a similar joke.
>>
>>3874521
If the translator is not officially sanctioned then that would be absolute heresy
>>
The Beacause translation was retarded enough to change moogle to moguri, go try them.
>>
>>3874071
Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog.

Nobody laughs and the frog dies.
>>
>>3873201
Hence the joke.
>>
>>3873019
I'll take it over Bill Clinton references
>>
>>3874521
>Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!
>>
>>3874071
I mean no-one seems to remember the /a/ thread this image came from and everyone thinks it's actually a real fansub
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.