[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: images(3).jpg (10KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
10KB, 302x167px
What gave it such a Dragon Quest feel?
>>
On the first playthrough, the difficulty scaling was just right, probably perfect. They really thought it through.
Then, just like in some DQ games, once you know some of the best class/ability combinations, everything's easy street after that.
>>
It didn't? It was nothing like Dragon Quest, at least no more so than all turn-based JRPGs since they're all essentially the same...
>>
There are dragons......
>>
>>3873281
And you're on a quest...
>>
>>3872876
>What gave it such a Dragon Quest feel?

This is like the seventh thread you've started on FFV, OP. The others haven't even reached auto-sage status. Why do you feel the need to displace other topics from the board just so you can have duplicate threads discussing the same title?
>>
The lack of super serious plot that tries too hard to be epic.
>>
>>3872876
Game feels like and adventure just like Dragon quest.

Thats why Butz was the only one you could name so it was almost like the game telling you that HE is YOU like how the Hero in dragon quest is YOU, both go on an adventure that its bigger than you could imagine.
>>
>>3873281
Why are the dragons such dicks? They surprise you in treasure chests just because
>>
>>3872876
The story is relatively less intense than FF4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 12.
So I guess that this is the reason.
>>
>>3873408
dude just wanted to have a nap in a chest
>>
>>3873467
Using tidal wave, lightning etc. on me immediately just for waking them up seems like a little disproportionate retribution to me.
>>
>>3873369
Literally this, there's been so many ff threads in general
>>
what other games have a similar job system to this? (apart from FF3, Tactics and Bravely Default)
>>
>>3874174
DQ3
>>
>>3873369
I think these are bots, possibly used by the mods to stimulate discussion and artificially boost visible activity.
>>
>>3873369
> duplicate threads discussing the same title?
Where
>>
>>3873396
It feels slightly different since DQ asks you to name him yourself without a preset name while Bartz' name is already entered as the default.
>>
>>3875358
Yeah, nah. That's a stock standard class system. What defines the job system is being able to change jobs on the fly and any job progress being seperate from your experience level.
>>
>>3876786
No changing on the fly, but the benefits of leveling a class carry over to the next class, which does resemble the FF5 system.
>>
>>3876694
Yeah i know its different but the fact alone that you can only name him hints that he is the one who represents you unlike say FF4.
>>
>>3876802
That's barely any different to how Wizardry, or any game with normal class changing, does it though. The whole point of the job system is exactly the opposite of long term character class building. You're changing the current character fills and discarding their old role.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.