[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvelous: Another Treasure Island

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

This game got a translation recently, has anyone played it? Is it any good?
>>
People here don't play translations.
They only cry that some game they know nothing about isn't translated.
>>
>>3872774

Is this game good or turnbased?
>>
>>3873123

and than there's the even bigger faggots like you that cry over people crying
>>
>>3872774
Yes it is.
Go give it a try. Don't get an already patched version, it's probably got the old patch. Get the rom and tools and do it yourself.
>>
File: 1478537647563.jpg (193KB, 619x597px) Image search: [Google]
1478537647563.jpg
193KB, 619x597px
>>3872774
>>
>>3872774
Link to the new patch please?
>>
>>3873734
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2558/
>>
>>3872774
I plan on streaming it soon. Might as well delve into it blindly. It does look fun though.
>>
>>3872774

>recently
anon i played this game like a year ago at least, i don't know what this new patch adds but the old one worked fine

it was fun, it's kinda like link to the past if you removed all the combat and replaced it with puzzles

and i mean actual puzzles, not "HIT EYE WITH ARROW" sort of thing
>>
>>3872774
>aonuma shit
>>
Runs on Link to the Past engine but with more ROM. One would be foolish not to play.

New patch all the puzzles readable and such I heard, but did they ever get the font to be differentially spaced?
>>
>>3875535
>but did they ever get the font to be differentially spaced?
You mean Variable Width Font, yes they did.
>>
>>3875535
>Runs on Link to the Past engine but with more ROM.

Is that true or just speculation?
>>
>>3875607
The game actually uses the Super Mario RPG PCB and chip but with double the RAM size
>>
>>3875549

Last patch on romhacking.net is 1.06, no mention of vwf yet.
>>
File: 2Xz5zZ8.jpg (105KB, 571x399px) Image search: [Google]
2Xz5zZ8.jpg
105KB, 571x399px
>>3875607
>Marvelous: Another Treasure Island
>>
Oh dude, I just made a video about this game.
More people gotta play it. Don't think twice, just go play it. You won't regret it.
>>
learn japanese otherwise you will hurt the feelings of the artist
>>
Is there some kind of bonus for getting 100% completion?

Also, the credits show the number 0884 being input into the telephone in chapter 3, is that some kind of secret or just a random number?
>>
>>3876673
a million times this

It still hardly gets the love it deserves, which is a real shame
But despite being fairly short and not especially difficult, it's by miles one of the best of its time
It's been my lifegoal for years to recommend it as many times as I'm able

Polly best girl
>>
>>3873328
It's like Zelda, but with less combat and more puzzles.
It's not half bad.
>>
>>3876202
That doesn't mean it can't be running the LttP engine
>>
>>3874461
Exactly my thoughts. I played it like... last year? Maybe two years ago. It was fine, I can't remember any part where I was hindered by a language barrier. What does the new translation add?

Man, I'd replay it but my backlog is so big and I aced it the first time (Happiness Stones determine rank at the end so try to collect as many as possible. If someone asks you to do something, do it, half the time the game will actually reward you for doing it! I was amazed, I was used to "do this thing for me as a veiled hint on how to progress, not as an actual side-quest).
>>
>>3874461
>>3879893
The last patch came out last year.
The one that 100% translated the game.
It's quite recent if you think how long the game and the previous patches have been released.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.