[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game good or is it just nostalgia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Super_Star_Wars_box_art.jpg (88KB, 360x250px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Star_Wars_box_art.jpg
88KB, 360x250px
Is this game good or is it just nostalgia?
>>
It's ok. Return of the Jedi was better but that one came out late so no one really have nostalgia for it.
>>
File: sswFYxeCL8.gif (1MB, 415x294px) Image search: [Google]
sswFYxeCL8.gif
1MB, 415x294px
>>3871184
I still like all three of them, but it's always been a somewhat contentious series that never appealed to some. Tastes vary...

I traded a deck of Magic cards for Super Empire and was never happier.
>>
empire strikes back > return of jedi > super

That shitty forest speeder level ruined Jedi for me
>>
Super Suckpire and Return of the Sucki
>>
I couldn't get very far in empire cause it was so hard, but I beat return of the jedi as a kid! Never played the original though.
>>
>>3871184
I preferred NES Star Wars.
>>
It's hard.
>>
File: starwarsscreen071308.png (205KB, 425x372px) Image search: [Google]
starwarsscreen071308.png
205KB, 425x372px
>>3871184
Namco's Famicom Star Wars is the only good one.
>>
I enjoyed the first one but never got past the first level of ESB. I've never played ROTJ
>>
like the movie trilogy, super empire strikes back > super star wars > super rotj
>>
>>3871552
Pfft, New Hope is a better film than Empire. Empire only works because it's a middle chapter with some great moments. New Hope is a classic fairy tale in space and self contained.

Super Empire might be better than SSW though.
>>
Super Return of the Jedi is the most fair and the only one I can actually beat. Super Empire is fucking bullshit and it's almost impossible to get past the first few levels of Hoth. Super Star Wars is in between those two, I can get about halfway through it before I give up.
>>
File: SSW Plotpoint.gif (29KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
SSW Plotpoint.gif
29KB, 512x448px
I actually prefer the pacing to the SNES version opposed to the film, but the platforming before the Lava Monster in the sandcrawler is a bitch. After that it's just spam seeker or plasma shot and you're good.
>>
Should I buy this game for $23 with the box but no instructions or tray?
>>
I've always hated cheap ass games that rely on you killing monsters to drop health just to survive minute by minute.
>>
>>3871521
Except that the SMS was better (but they never ported JVC Empire to SMS).
>>
>>3871184
>Is this game good or is it just nostalgia?
/vr/ in a nutshell
>>
>>3872285
Good argument.
>>
>>3871184
Played the hell out of this back in the day and eventually did beat it. Dat slowdown though, I wonder how much easier (or harder) the game would be without it.

I picked up Empire cheap from a rental place when they were selling off all their SNES games back in 96 and I could never get past Hoth. I guess I just didn't have as much patience for the trilogy's bullshit by that time.

I've still never played Jedi.
>>
Protip: the only good retro Star Wars games were for the PC
>>
>>3871184
Not really. Shit controls and level design, and really sloppy combat/boss battles. The whole trilogy is mediocre.
>>
Super Empire Strikes Back is my favorite.
>>
>>3872641
>Rogue Squadron (N64)
>Episode I (PS)
>Episode I Racer (N64)
>Battle for Naboo (N64)
>Super Star Wars (SNES)
>Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (Arcade)
>Star Wars Arcade (Arcade and 32X)
>Shadows of the Empire (N64)
>>
>>3872285
I'm not sure why, but this made me wonder is Mike from Red Letter Media had played any of these games...
>>
>>3872952
at least 4 of those are also available on the PC
>>
>>3872285
Do you actually expect people to take you seriously?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.