[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so we can firmly declare it dead, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 26

File: dead.jpg (59KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
59KB, 848x900px
so we can firmly declare it dead, right?
>>
>>3869672
The guide says that SA was working on new subs in February. There might be a few coming soon.

http://pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral
>>
https://twitter.com/SAGCCX/status/830988879033311233
>>
https://djtguide.neocities.org/
>>
Arino will live forever
>>
File: ArinoApologize.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ArinoApologize.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
In this thread, we apologize to JD for believing that another group could fix GameCenter CX

http://gccxraws.b!ogspot.com

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=909672
>>
>>3869672

What happened to the show? I haven't seen it for years. Last clip I saw, they were showing Arino the fan mail they were getting from all over the world. Arino was confused as hell, as they don't broadcast outside of Japan. The staff were like "oh they must be buying the dvds". Arino asked if they were just watching them on Youtube.
>>
>>3870146
New episodes continue to come out every 2 weeks. English-translated versions of those episodes fell to a grinding halt some 8 months ago but resumed today. Catch up at your leisure. Sounds like you have a 3-year backlog.
>>
>>3869698
>in February

March is more than halfway over. It shouldn't take a month and a half to sub an hour long show unless they only work on it for maybe five minutes a day.
>>
>>3870195
Subbing most likely isn't the holdup—the translator(s) are most likely translating more at a rate of 5 lines per day. Never know when they're going to take a year+ per episode to deliver the hour of translation.
>>
>>3870180

Was there any fallout to Arino finding out people were pirating the show? He seemed annoyed at the time. And right afterwards the show got pulled from Youtube.

Are they more accepting of their Gaijin fanbase now?
>>
>>3870228

Why are they so slow? You don't need super accurate translations. It can be innaccurate. You just need the general idea of what's going on. It's just a video game show.
>>
File: ArinoNina.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ArinoNina.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>3870241
He seemed more pleased than upset, as if his celebrity ego were sated by the knowledge that fans endeavor to view him from all over the world. Check the 40th birthday special footage for another instance of this.

Fuji's just jealous that people are translating and releasing their show. But if they did another licensing deal they'd just release at SD quality with VOB subtitles. They can't handle that the pirates can do it better. Kan still goes on rollercoasters with Nina (SA translator) and has her illustrate his book, though.
>>
How long has it been? One thing that's certain, once someone who was translating something finally responds after a year saying that the project isn't dead you can be assured that all hope is lost.
>>
>>3870251
The reasons seem to vacillate on a per-translator basis.
>>
File: arinothumb.jpg (197KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arinothumb.jpg
197KB, 1280x1080px
>>3870258
How long has it been since a new subbed episode was released? Less than an hour.
>>
I'm just bamboozled that someone else didn't pick up this and continue it once they left it.
>>
>>3870270
Apologize to who?
>>
>>3870262
>>3870270
damn it's true https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=909672
>>
>>3870285
I was under the impression that the person behind GCCX subs was a grill.
>>
>>3870291
Nina represents quality in translation. The rest of the SA team is less concerned with quality, particularly regarding technical matters (encoding, timing, typesetting).

LC is also dedicated to quality in translation, and has only improved with time. JD likewise has improved with time, though his expertise is technical (encoding, timing, typesetting). Combining these two areas of skill results in (soft) subs that are superior to any GCCX subbed material previously released. CRF 18 rerip also for visual lossless quality.
>>
>>3870298
Well it really sets things in perspective seeing who is the most important part of that project. Figures.
>>
Anyone interesting in translating, get in touch—name your episode and receive a fully timed and typeset script ready to translate. Click a line, play the audio, translate, move to the next. Turn in the translated script, everything gets set properly and released. Let's do it.
>>
>>3870345

I'm down. I don't really have a preference for the episode though.
>>
>>3870354
dynamite headdy please
>>
>>3870354
We gccxraws @ the Google mail service of record.
>>
>>3870356
That one could blow up in our faces since SA has announced that they have the first part of a two-part episode ready and they've been releasing episodes from that season exclusively for their most recent translations. Captain Tsubasa falls under this category also.
>>
File: 1454414333577.png (1MB, 513x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1454414333577.png
1MB, 513x3200px
>>
>>3870354
Or reach username Rawz on Rizon IRC network for real-time communication.
>>
Awesome. Thank you based subbers
>>
I am so happy to see a new episode finally arrive, but i wasn't expceting the long dormant subbers to arise unannounced with new stuff.

Glad to have it though.
>>
File: ドウブツがタイトルに.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ドウブツがタイトルに.png
1MB, 1280x720px
I've skimmed the new sub and have some concerns that I don't have time to get into right now, but I'll start with one of the translation choices.

The hint for the next game literally says there's an animal in the title. The name of the next game translates to Wolf of the Battlefield. The US release is Commando. The hint doesn't relate to Commando at all.

The translator completely fabricated the hint translation.
>The next game shares the name of a famous Schwarzenegger film
relates to Commando and is not what the king said at all.
>>
>>3870580
I have no Japanese. Only the encoding, timing, typesetting, and editing of English once it's translated were my domain.

He repeatedly said that accuracy was his primary concern. Localizations were said to be bad. Feel free to expand on the rest of the problems as I'm somewhat confused now.
>>
>>3870580
Commando is the name of a famous Arnold film though so the hint does relate to Commando (at all).
>>
Can anyone link me episodes where a game just tortures his ass?
>>
>>3870580
That being said, ain't touching no translation if that's the way he wants it. I can understand the reasoning and as translator it's his call. On this matter and in all where the choice is his (matters of translation). As agreed in this case.
>>
>>3870298
>LC is also dedicated to quality in translation, and has only improved with time

>Has been MIA for over two years.
>>
>>3870640
You'd be hard pressed to find someone who would agree that releasing translated GameCenter CX episodes is the only means by which one can become more proficient in the language.
>>
>>3870646

And you'd be hard pressed to find someone who would agree that two years of complete silence shows a commitment to quality in translation, JD.
>>
>>3870654
If a "commitment to quality in translation" necessitates public output of translated works then maybe. I don't see anything in >>3870298 about commitment to such, or to anything though. It could be noted that SA has shown a commitment to improving encoding, timing, and typesetting though, which have also improved with time.
>>
>>3870589
>I have no Japanese.
Then you have no means to judge the quality of your own translator.

>He repeatedly said that accuracy was his primary concern. Localizations were said to be bad.
In just that one example, he's given you something that is both a localization and inaccurate.

I might be open to discussing some of these things with you, but you demanding anonymous apologies and bringing up random drama makes me think that you might not be very receptive to constructive criticism. Good night for now.
>>
>>3870661
Quality seems good to me. Arino's cracking jokes up on the screen, the whole episode is done thoroughly, it all makes sense. That's some quality translation right there, a big hour of it entered into the 1500+ lines.

Suppose I have no perfect means by which to measure accuracy. As for quality, I don't get hung up on a typo about the Touhou region or anything. That's an accuracy thing and one that I can't patrol for the whole hour. His body of work spoke for itself. I feel the translation has improved from this period and he does as well.

He wanted it to read with Arnold as the next game, he got it. That's part of the outro and by the standards of some (including the broadcaster in re-airs) should be trimmed anyway.

Don't get too bent out of shape about the dank "Apologize" meme or its applicability.
>>
>>3870661
Maybe the localization is another translator. Shouldn't have lumped these statements in with those of LC, having confused LC's Japanese dual-titles on some screen text and our resulting discussions of them with other discussions about similar things with another but with different conclusions.
>>
File: 1454414029257.jpg (426KB, 1521x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1454414029257.jpg
426KB, 1521x1264px
Arino is cute! Cute!
>>
>>3870134
Got any plans to sub the DVD-exclusive episodes (Castlevania, Die Hard Arcade, Sonic 2 etc.)? SA doesn't want to touch them for some reason.
>>
>>3870767
>dvd exclusise
>SA doesn't want to touch them for some reason.

Gee, I wonder why, kiddo. I wonder why...
>>
>>3870767
Yeah that's why all the attempts to get people to dump the VOBs and upload them. Castlevania, Sonic 2, Resident Evil off the top of my head.
>>
>>3870767
I've got Dynamite Deka as original VOB already, up on the gccxraws as DVD 2 of USA, but I haven't heard of interest on either side (supply/demand) until now.
>>
HOLY SHIT NEW GCCX

FUCKING HAPPENING

I know what I'm doing tonight
>>
>>3870580
Who cares about accuracy if the viewer's experience is hampered by it? Localizing the hint makes sense in this case, because to get the original one you'd have to already know Commando's Japanese title by either being/knowing Japanese, which isn't who the tl is for, or having looked it up before, which to me seems extremely unlikely. Don't say they could just put a TL note either. That'd just give the name away.
>>
File: diddled.png (6KB, 241x229px) Image search: [Google]
diddled.png
6KB, 241x229px
>tfw you're good enough at the game to know exactly how Arino is screwing up
>>
>>3871830
Only played the game once decades ago and beat it. Still yelled at the screen a few times though.
>>
Did Arino play Super C using the Famicom Mini FPGA thing (Japanese version)? Is that what it takes to get a decent Konami challenge these days (that plus no TamaGe segment in order to feature the game more)?
>>
>>3872213
No, he played it on a cartridge. They just didn't show off the cartridge or give it away as a prize.
>>
The people who whine and bitch about translations are always the people who have never tried translating something themselves.

You can't have a literal translation of everything. You'll end up with those videos with notes every 10 seconds where you have to pause and read the whole thing to understand the joke.
>>
>>3872239
Nobody is saying there should be TL notes. Those are awful and should be avoided.
>>
>>3872247
It's a clear case where a literal translation would be garbage, and one after the episode is completed. A transliteration is necessary sometimes. The goal is to cause understanding of the content to inhere in the mind of the viewer.
>>
Why'd they end the season with a two-part episode? Seems it would make more sense with a game that had a degree of popularity.
>>
File: Fotor_14900821204630.jpg (1MB, 2301x4039px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_14900821204630.jpg
1MB, 2301x4039px
I was just at the Meteor design store near Nakano, they have the Arno figure on the shelf along with other various video game knick knacks. This may be the first and only time I ever see it in person. PS it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.
>>
>>3870134

What episode is this clip from?
>>
>>3872837
GameCenter.CX.194.Wizards.and.Warriors.FANSUB.720p.60fps.HDTV.x264-LCxVRiS

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=909672
>>
>Arino will retire in your lifetime

Do you think they will continue the show with a new comedian?
>>
>>3870241
Well what does he expect, the DVDs are butchered to hell and only contain a scant handful of episodes. It's youtube or nothing. I hate it when celebrities get uppity with their fans for actually appreciating their work and wanting to watch it. If it wasn't for youtube he wouldn't have any American fans at all and there would be no DVD income period.
>>
File: GCCX_collection.jpg (3MB, 3719x2092px) Image search: [Google]
GCCX_collection.jpg
3MB, 3719x2092px
Figure it was a good time to post a shot of my GCCX swag. Not bragging, just think it's fucking neat and figure others may like.
>>
>>3872858

>tfw there will never be an episode on the sequel
>>
Was there any translated episode between the one released recently and that butterfly mansion one? I heard something about soft sub but i have no idea what that means
>>
>>3874102
Somebody did a Pokemon one but it's best to just ignore that.
>>
>>3874102
some guy hastily made some .srt subs (meaning you load them from a separate file and it will show in your video player) for the first part of the pokemon challenge. I don't know if he ever did the second, and where to find it
>>
I still can't believe they somehow made a movie out of this show.
>>
>>3874149

How about a game series?
>>
>but soft-subs prevent the great streaming downloads!

http://www.gamingcx.com/2017/03/gamecenter-cx-episode-194-wizards.html
>>
File: sick-boy-18805059.jpg (105KB, 1300x953px) Image search: [Google]
sick-boy-18805059.jpg
105KB, 1300x953px
Ive been VERY slowly watching this show for the past 5 years. Im only on season 7. I apprrciate the work of all of those involved un translzting, but is there really all of this stupid drama around it? How long has it been going on for? Whats the gist of it? Whats stopping someone from setting up a patreon and translating the show consistently for cash like other people do?
>>
>>3874586
>Whats stopping someone from setting up a patreon and translating the show consistently for cash like other people do?

the best way to destroy any productivity is setting up a patreon or similar. Once the "gibs" are guaranteed, people stop being productive. How did we not learn this from communism
>>
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caqal3zWefc
>>
>>3874102
The new episode is a soft sub (FANSUB). The Pokémon subs were a SUBPACK (separate .srt subfile). SA subs are hard subs (SUBBED) releases.

SUBPACK releases usually don't make much of a wave, like the one for Nosferatu Pt. 1

http://pastebin.com/zHE1fUXu
>>
Big thanks to the subbers, yall are great. Really enjoyed the episode.
>>
Holy fuck, I've been waiting for this episode too.
>>
Will the new episode knock loose the ones SA has been holding off on? Someone said they have at least one fully finished of the several to come. That was a while ago.
>>
>>3875464
Depends. If they fucking talked about what they're doing, they wouldn't have a problem like that.
>>
>>3874598
Hasn't happened to anyone I know that uses patreon. You just a scrub.
>>
>>3874586
There's no real drama. People sometimes make fun of TV-Nihon's translations (the group who did early episode subs) and occasionally criticize SA-GCCX (the group that's done most of the subs) due to their use of low quality RAWs and slow subbing speed but there's nothing compared to some other subwars.

Nothing is stopping you from making your own subbing group with booze and hookers, though.
>>
>>3870134
>VRiSFAGS
>>3870359
Where have I seen that email before? Oh, right.
https://imgur.com/a/2Rmh6
>>
>>3874586
Only gccx drama I know of is when /vr/ tried to sub karnov. Man was that a clusterfuck.
>>
>>3870595
Are you retarded? The hint in the show has no way of relating to the localized title "Commando", while the made-up hint makes it extremely obvious even though the game isn't called Commando in Japan.
>>
>>3878578
Send your complaints to the Touhou region of Japan. They will be handled in the order in which they're received.
>>
>>3879486
>It's a "JD repeats his jokes from the last time that album of him splerging out while kakricho stayed calm" episode.
>>
>>3879819
I watched the raw episode a long time ago. I spent a couple minutes skipping around to a few points of the sub. Schwarzenegger would have stuck in my memory if it had been written out in kana, which it clearly wasn't. I was trying to help.

You missed a bunch of deleted posts with the typesetter babbling and insulting people. It's not worth talking to him if he's going to get defensive over any corrections.

>>3878578
This post wasn't me, but I agree that changing the hint to relate to Commando made it too easy to guess.
>>
The only problem I've ever had with the SA subs for Game Center is how in cases where the game of the episode has a localized English release and featured dialog, they will always just copy and paste the dialog from the localized version instead of directly translating the original Japanese dialog shown onscreen or being read by Arino, even if the localized version was completely mistranslated.

Not that it's a huge deal but it's kind of glaring when you know better, like in the Street Fighter 2 episode when it gets to Dhalsim's ending and they just translate Dhalsim's final line as "that was me in a past life" even though that's not what he says at all.
>>
File: 1475245609332.jpg (771KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1475245609332.jpg
771KB, 3264x2448px
>>3874598
>paying for a service
>communism

Now if the person fails to deliver and people keep giving them money then thats their fault for being stupid, but its their money.

>>3876596
>>3877697

Thanks for the replies, friends. Reading this thread made it seem like there was some bigger event going on that im clueless about.

I have another question though. Why are episodes for popular games that you'd expect to be translated such as dynamite heady skipped over?

Also, how do people who need translations complain about translation accuracies? How do they know whats accurate or not if they need them to watch the show and understand the language?
>>
>>3880716
The SA group usually subs what they like or find interesting first, which is why PaRappa the Rapper was subbed as soon as it came out and Pulseman was one of the most recent releases. for more info on this whole drama thing, check warosu (desuarchive's stil recovering) for GCCX general threads on /vr/ around october-november 2013, those threads are where it, as in >>3877697, all happened and all this shitposting started.
>>
>>3880716
>Also, how do people who need translations complain about translation accuracies?
A little nitpicking isn't really complaining. Translators might check the work of someone else out of curiosity or for practice.
>>
>>3874586
>>3880716
Look at the name of this board, then look at the group name of the guy relentlessly promoting his own interests in this thread. It wasn't hard for me to figure out who's causing most of the trouble. I wouldn't blame him for everything, but I call tell it's mostly him.
>>
>>3880214
If I wanted to change the hint to make it relate to Commando, I'd probably use a little wordplay while keeping the same basic structure.

Instead of
>There's an animal in the title

You could go with
>There's a "man" in the title

I think that's about as good as I could do, although I'm sure that someone, somewhere would still have a problem with the Com"man"do joke.
>>
Why does he play so many shovelware games and only sparingly play the classics?
>>
>>3882847
Spergs turned retro gaming into "big business" and now the companies that bought the companies that bought the rights to the old software developers' stuff demand the big bucks for the right to broadcast "their" material.
>>
>>3881286
>>3881789
All kidding aside, false flagging won't help.
>>
>>3883092
Help what?
>>
Shitflinging doesn't belong in GCCX threads. How about you autistic thndercunts do it elsewhere so you can satisfy your egos with point scoring. Leave the rest of us who watch devoid of your spasticated nappy tossing.
>>
>Thread goes from 128 replies to 99

thanks mods!
>>
>>3869672
I see people on Twitter commenting a new episode but I see nothing on SAGCCX, what gives?
>>
>>3885006
Read the thread. SAGCCX didn't release one, someone else did.
>>
File: view.jpg (100KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
view.jpg
100KB, 1104x1104px
Does anyone have the poster sign+abunai written under it in a transparent .png and high res?
>>
>>3885613
Why not trace the shirt with vector graphics and have your own superior master copy
>>
File: 1443553538387.png (267KB, 2346x2747px) Image search: [Google]
1443553538387.png
267KB, 2346x2747px
>>3885613
>>
So which 2-part episode does SA have ready for release? Dynamite Headdy? Cho Aniki? Aigina's Prophecy: From "The Legend of Balubalouk"?
>>
Did everyone got banned
>>
>>3888961
hopefully the people more interested in literally-who sub drama did
better to talk about the episode i m o
>>
>>3889280
Like talking somewhere else?
>>
>tfw just gave up on subs and started watching raws
Not even mad, subs ever catching up is quite the pipe dream, and barring text heavy games like the quiz ones or VNs, the show is still pretty enjoyable and easy to follow with little basic japanese knowledge.
As long as based Nigoli doesn't quit on us, I'm good.
>>
>>3889430
You know there are better raws and a new subbed episode right? Or is your point that you don't watch things produced by your mortal enemy?
>>
>>3889449
Not at all, I still download subs myself whenever they pop up, but I'm just saying being a fan and sticking to subs only is suffering because of how slow they are. 2-3 episodes a year is not a good life, man.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-12-00h32m54s193.png (305KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-12-00h32m54s193.png
305KB, 640x480px
I'm up to date on GCCX and wish they'd sub Dynamite Headdy or Biohazard tbqh

I am severely appreciative of the work they do though but I am gagging for new subs
>>
>>3889553
Other teams would be able to make scripts for Dynamite Headdy and other translators could work on them. But SA has been doing that season of late and their policy is to not reveal what they're working on. So other teams can't bother with something that's likely coming. Otherwise yeah, it'd be in the bag.
>>
>>3889553
There's no Bio hazard episode.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-23-02h30m00s958.png (469KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-23-02h30m00s958.png
469KB, 1024x576px
>>3889572
I was led to believe Arino played Resident Evil as a DVD exclusive? That's a kick in the balls, love that game

>>3889568
So there's no reason to waste productivity on a sub that may already be in the works? Gotcha, appreciate the replies
>>
>>3869672
Any episode recommendations for someone who's never seen it before?
>>
>>3889572
BioHazard Director's Cut DVD-exclusive challenge is on Disc 2 of DVD-Box 12. Translators are ready and waiting to sub it, but there is no video source.

Have been trying to get people to dump the .VOB and upload the episode, but the only guy with the DVDs just likes to lord them over /vr/ and call us "kiddo". He's here, actually >>3870801

Same goes for the Castlevania challenge and Sonic 2. Only lossless DVD-exclusives in the hands of freedom fighter subbers are Druaga and Dynamite Deka / Die Hard Arcade.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-28-23h27m46s570.png (271KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-28-23h27m46s570.png
271KB, 640x480px
>>3889594
I always find the Act Raiser episode very good
>>
>>3889597
Here are the simple instructions once again. The source video is smaller than the encoded episodes of the Retro Game Master set that always get deleted from here, so size isn't prohibitive. They should be about a gig per exclusive challenge.

https://pastebin.com/LitvTGkP
>>
>>3889594
Paris Dakar Rally ep 121 is кинo
>>
>>3889753
Probably my favourite episode excluding the travelling ones.

It's weird how I enjoy Arinos visits segments more than actual Japanese travel shows.
>>
>>3889792
Wish the USA travel special had aired more than once in high definition. Best travel show ever.
>>
Saw the Wizards & Warriors episode.

>that kid gushing over Wolverine
>playing Metal Slug with Arino

That was so damn heartwarming.
>>
>>3890039
Kid's mom was T H I C C, as noted in the internal subtitle comments
>>
>>3890080

I must have missed it. what was the comment?
>>
>>3890134
I dunno, T H I C C I think. You'd only see it if you looked at the subtitles themselves, like extracted them for educational purposes.

Noticed Arino couldn't recognize Wolverine "Who's that guy?" but probably knows all about the movie version. Unfortunate.
>>
>>3890152
Kacho ain't no westaboo. Why would he read Marvel?
>>
>>3889597
>but there is no video source.

But I downloaded the raw from these threads
>>
>>3890547
The old BioHazard episode maybe, or a shoddy encode. Need Box 12 copy in original form.
>>
>>3890547
Do you mean the Castlevania? The one posted here was encoded from a compressed DVD5 copy from Perfect Dark, allowing 60fps framerate to be preserved but the copy itself is highly inferior and unfit for subbing—only casual viewing.
>>
>>3891201
>>3891442
Sure, bad compared to more recent episodes, but no worse than the episodes from before season 15. I could deal with it.
>>
>>3891768
It's low definition regardless, so without an original DVD9 source it's hard to champion when so many original high definition broadcast source episodes exist.
>>
>>3892075
Imagine being autistic enough to care about DVD9 over DVD5.

It's SD either way, I really can't understand your issue here. Softsubs would be trivial to move across if the "lossless" DVD copy ever became available, but you'd be better off waiting for a potential re-release in a decade on blu-ray anyway.
>>
>>3892183
DVD5 means the resulting subs would be a copy of a copy as a soft sub. DVD5 means the resulting subs would be a copy of a copy of a copy as a hard sub.

Have no DVD5 version of anything other than Castlevania anyway. To "move across" the soft subs from a 848x480 version of the Resident Evil would take all sorts of rescaling and your colors would be all panic on funktroned out.

If it takes being autistic to realize that a 1440×1080i@60 MPEG-2 of 3–7 GB per hour is better than some no-pedigree secondhand copy of what was once a 720×480i@60Hz MPEG-2 and is now who-knows-what then clearly the alternative is to be retarded.
>>
>>3892212
Honestly, I can't understand half of this gibberish. Rescaling isn't difficult, we're talking 10-20 minutes of work.

As I understand it, the RE episode is available at best in trash quality DVD9. You're crying about having to use a DVD5 re-encode of that version, as if fucking DVD9 is going to be some massive improvement.

I'm well aware that a HD .ts or BR rip would be a far better choice, but neither are available or even planned at this point as far as I know.
>>
>>3892223
That Resident Evil is all upscaled. The point is why make an hour of translated subtitles for it when you can make them for a full HD episode.
>>
>>3892231
And probably missing half the frames. The DVD9 is a massive improvement because it allows the subs to be encoded once, at visual lossless quality. SD means you can't encode it 3 times or 2 times, the first by absurd upscaled / ½ frame-gone means—it has to be once, as well as possible. Every little bit counts because it's SD. And why work on something that will look shit when you can work on something that will look better. Need the good copy or bust.

Druaga seems important historically, but no one's ever interested in that.
>>
>>3892231
Because RE is an incredibly popular series, and nobody gives a shit about Marchen Maze?

>>3892234
You know what the saddest part is? I found the fucking DVD9 version of Vol. 24 in 2 minutes on PD. It's right fucking there, all 7.5 gigs of it. Feel free to rip the amazing superior quality version if you want, it's only been up for a year.

No, wait, you're waiting for the eventual BR re-release now, I'm sure. Can't waste any time on some inferior DVD9 copy when they might release a HD version in a decade.
>>
>>3892243
Obtain it
>>
>>3872239
Bah. It's really not that hard and now you can just Google shit you don't know about. Localisation a shit.
>>
>>3892509
>rather than simply watching a show, I'd like to pause every 20 seconds to figure out some cultural reference that's otherwise lost on me

If pausing and checking Google that often isn't an issue, why don't you just learn Japanese already? It'd be much faster.
>>
File: wesker.jpg (110KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
wesker.jpg
110KB, 853x480px
>>3892254
It looks pretty much identical to that earlier screenshot, so I'm not going to bother ripping it so some sperg can re-encode it to his preferred "ideal" settings. I'm betting the other copy wasn't even a re-encode of a re-encode, DVD just doesn't look that hot.
>>
>>3893043
People got to remember that dvd isn't HD. Damn, Abe is so cool.
>>
>>3893043
So you noticed there's no one uploading it and that it would take months to download, I take it.
>>
>>3893219
It took me 10 hours to download, but that's about the going rate for PD on a 7 gig file. Honestly, it's trivial to obtain if you want to watch it or encode a release, I don't see much point.

Fun episode though, barely even felt like an hour and twenty minutes even without tamage.

>>3893225
Have you been living under a bridge the last decade or something? I trust my MadVR set-up to upscale a DVD more than I do some podunk shitter who can't even use PD and cries about the lack of availability of something I found in literally 2 minutes.
>>
>>3893225
So you don't care about the content of an episode, just the quality of the newer ones? Got it. No wonder the state of subs for this series is such a shit show.
>>
>>3893043
This thread is now dedicated to ignoring the bleating chucklefuck who wants people to suck him off for kudos and focusing on this one picture of Abe who HOLY FUCK looks so fucking rad the nigga is coolness personified you seeing this shit son you wish you were this fly.
>>
Can someone explain who made this?

Is it a new group?
Will they be doing more.

Might this prompt the SA team to put new out.

Are we in for new golden age?!
>>
itt: literally-who-tier dramafaggotry
>>
interested in seeing the marchen maze episode

but I'd like to see one of the obscure japanese games subbed next, like woody poko, i haven't the faintest fucking clue what the plot is. Or aighina's prophecy
>>
>>3893790
It's pathetic, man. Give me another year of study and I'll be ready to time subs for whatever raw releases I can find, no fucks given.
>>
The LC translator himself says his new timer was on VRGCCX. That's how almost everybody will credit him if he makes a VR sub. I wonder if he's thought about that brand confusion.
>>
so I've been out of the loop for a while. What have we gotten since mansion of hidden souls?
>>
>>3893914
Just Wizards & Warriors. SA apparently has some almost done.
>>
File: 235 Super Contra.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
235 Super Contra.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
I'm glad we got Super Contra raws without the earthquake shit on the screen.
>>
Trolls and drama aside. Just happy got a new episode !
>>
Guys please stop fighting.

We should all just be happy there was a new release
>>
>>3895031
Making a new episode does not render you immune to criticism. Especially when you throw a fit about, of all goddamn things, someone's download time.
>>
>>3895186
You've gone from snapping at legitimate posters to letting that other person get you even angrier. Take some personal responsibility and stop replying if you can't carry on a normal conversation or can't tell when someone is baiting you. I don't think you or anyone else wants to see another 80 deleted posts in the thread.

I'm not even a board regular and I can still tell that you're being dishonest. Posting unprompted headcanon backstory about yourself over and over makes it look like you're whitewashing something. I only looked into your actual history on the board because of how you're behaving now.
>>
Thanks for the purge mods! That guy is literally insane.
>>
>>3896139
He's what happens when a tripfriend drops the tripcode but posts exactly the same, and he's been at it for 4 years.

Now, on to new business: what non-Doom /vr/ game do you want to see Arino play that isn't already an episode?
>>
>>3896241
TMNT on NES
>>
>>3896241

Resident Evil 2 my african american friend
>>
>>3896241
Streets of Rage 2.
Hell, more Genesis games in general. He's done surprisingly few over the years.
>>
>>3896241
to be honest more N64.

I always felt chameleon twist would make a great ep for example
>>
>>3896241

Double Dragon 2
>>
>>3896241
Ecco The Dolphin
>>
>>3896273
if he spends all day and I mean all day, he'll get to level 4 and run out of time, and even then level 3 will take like 8 hours by itself as he tries to figure that shit out.
>>3897378
if you want to see him struggle with the first 5 stages and not go anywhere else

my own vote goes to Hydlide, just because it's such a garbage game (i owned it, can attest). Oh god it really is a kuso game. I owned it for over 16 years and never even gained a single level cause you haven't the faintest fucking clue what to do. I'd like to see some confusion and struggle again.
>>
>>3898087
Apparently people actually like Hydlide in Japan, since it came out before Zelda there and was sort of a pioneer.
>>
>>3898101
yeah i remember seeing them showing the game on a few of the mini segments of the games over the years, it's still a utter shit game, especially if you don't have a manual for it
>>
>>3896241
E.V.O. WHEN?
>>
>>3896241
It must cost you sleep, the chances you miss to convert others to your cause by needing to rub up against and insult your betters.

Marvelous: Another Treasure Island. Puzzle game. Adventure game. Link to the Past engine with SA1 chip. Aonuma's first game. Super Famicom though and actual Nintendo title so good luck getting it cleared.
>>
>>3896241
Adventure Island 2, specifically because Arino's initial reaction will be fear and irritation knowing it's a sequel to a near unbeatable game, then actually playing it and realizing it's not the ball-buster the first game is.
>>
>>3899575
He already got to play the real sequel in the form of Bikkuriman World. Did they bother to gaslight him about it being the sequel?
>>
Something on the Saturn. Well there was D and the DVD bonus on the USA disc. But maybe something good.
>>
File: ArinoSTARS.webm (3MB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
ArinoSTARS.webm
3MB, 716x402px
Abe is the STAR of the show
>>
>>3901716
>mfw
>>
The rumors of SA beginning translation seem a deep disappointment. Not a word of any promising future. Simply Nina stating in February that she was then able to start translating again. Is it possible that the resulting Twitter posts announcing new episodes and such were based on this statement and not any real scripts in production? Just an ability to start again.
>>
Does anyone have a mega link for the subbed kickle cubicle episode? Is there a site that has all of the episodes up for ddl?
>>
>>3902731
Might be best to select only that file for download from the mostly-complete episode torrent on NYAA.
>>
>>3902739
I am unable to torrent, I can only ddl.
>>
>>3902731
>>3902747
https://mega.nz/#!WYsFRA7D!kV9w0V1Ut58dB9mRHCs9QDt7UbUwRPeyE_1-aI8bPgo

It's one of the latest subs in the pastebin in the first reply post.
>>
>>3902452
Maybe they are queuing up a batch (that is how they released back in the day)
>>
>>3902947
Trying for a Netflix original series release format rather than an HBO original series release format. Many like the HBO (and every other broadcaster) style due to the week in between episodes for speculation and water cooler talk. As opposed to the Netflix way of doing things where the speculation boils down to "when's the next season (batch)?"
>>
The direct download links on the SA-GCCX site are dead, does anyone have links for Kid Kool, Rainbow Islands, Mr. Gimmick and Tower of Babel?
>>
>>3903829
Gimmick fixed version

https://mega.nz/#!qhcDRIRI!CyVOTYiDCus-quKLWTXyBLinbKd3vMl6qH5m4ufd42E
>>
>>3896241
Demon's Crest and Blood Omen.
>>
More straight up arcade PCBs. DoDonPachi 1cc with Ura loop to start.
>>
>>3903848
Thank you!
Bump, does anyone have the others?
>>
>>3905081
The guy above acted as if direct download links are easy to get from "the pastebin" but in all of the GCCXgeneral pastebins I find no such links anywhere to older episodes.

Not sure how to go about finding them, though I'd imagine SA has (or at least ought to have) a secret list somewhere of all their episodes. People often say they have full external drives with every episode, so it would be handy if they'd just upload them and make links. Even more handy if they'd upload them all as a "project" and list them and secretly mirror them in case of disaster.
>>
>>3905202
There's a fat torrent collection out there overdue for updating. Worth hunting it down. Failing that the /g/ server but I'm wary to give out the details for that. Sufficient Googling should get you what you find.
>>
>>3905202
I saw torrents of almost every older episode in there. I think it's SA's older megas that are dead. Reporting broken links on the SA site doesn't seem to do anything.
>>
>>3905780
I know the torrent collection is in there. It looks like it's only missing the few newest subs.
>>
>>3905780
Are you reluctant to give out the details or are you unable, since credentials are generated in real time via user request now?
>>
>>3896241
Command and Conquer might be interesting.
>>
Two weeks until the next episode, just like a normal Thursday.
>>
File: zed_s_dead_baby.jpg (35KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
zed_s_dead_baby.jpg
35KB, 400x289px
Thread's dead, baby. Thread's dead.
>>
File: 1480299446490.jpg (62KB, 447x686px) Image search: [Google]
1480299446490.jpg
62KB, 447x686px
>>3901716
>Abe will never have seven minutes to spare for you
>>
>>3910094
>Abe will never break into your house
>>
Why are the 04-08 season 1 episodes from the main torrent just challenges? Are there no translated full episodes? I really want to see those
>>
>>3910531
Never fails to make me laugh. Golden.
>>
>>3874149
is movie any good?
>>
>>3910829
The list says just the challenges were translated so far on those episodes.
https://pastebin.com/S9Z26LLQ
>>
Is there a site that tracks all of the releases including different groups? Apparently Wizards & Warriors was subs but I'd have no idea if I didn't take my time and read through the first posts on this thread. Been waiting for fucking ever for more Arino.
>>
>>3911730
Check the pastebin link right above your post.
>>
>>3911730
Should probably keep an eye on nyaa.se by doing searches every now and then for the term "cx" under the Live Action — English Translated category.
>>
Is livestream at vaughnlive dead?
>>
Recurring to the DVD bonus challenge topic, it occurs to me that SD resolution and true framerate are the only things one requires when viewing episodes of a show that focuses on low-resolution videogame footage. 240p@60 would work.
>>
Thread's coming back to the top. Marchen Maze is finishing up in 10 days. Then we can begin to hope for games we care about.
>>
>>3916142
>Gccx is dead.
Why. What happened. I used to get hype as fuck with every new release.
>>
i went to bed early because i was just testing something out and i was intending to reload an earlier save.

But anyway, I got a cutscene where Akira is writhing around on the bed and it said "You seem to have indigestion, did you eat anything bad today?"

What's that all about?
>>
>>3916334
This is a really weird post and to answer your question we're clearly going to need more information.
>>
>>3916334
good content
>>
>>3916408
>>3916391
meant for persona 5 general, wrong thread.
>>
>Want to watch GCCX
>Gamingcx has cancerous malicious ads
>SAGCCX only uses torrents, no DDL or stream
>Torrent downloading at sub 1kb/s
>>
>>3916149
cause releases just don't happen
we've had one in the past few weeks, and before that it was roughly 8 months or so. they used to be much more frequent, even like 2 a month at times, but the subbers got tired of it i guess, as well as DRAMA
>>
File: sagccx.jpg (30KB, 616x274px) Image search: [Google]
sagccx.jpg
30KB, 616x274px
>>3916149
never forget
>>
>>3869698
That Yakuza Papers spoof sounds fun. I bet Arino will play really dirty.
>>
>>3923004
its forgotten.
>>
>>3923885
they have forgotten us.
>>
>>3925068
But those who have opened up their hearts to JC now realize that JD will not forsake them, as JC's father would not him. JD is love.
>>
>>3926306
>love
https://i.imgur.com/DbeDwO6.png
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.