[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GameCube controller for PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: iregretitnow.jpg (20KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
iregretitnow.jpg
20KB, 425x425px
Okay so I bought this (retrolink) for 20€, I was happy with that until I realize this doesn't support L/R analog, so it makes some games like Mario Sunshine almost unplayable even if I already mapped the L/R analog on Dolphin.

Does anyone know another controller that support LR analog or I have to buy an adaptator + a real controller? My actual real controller is broken.
>>
>>3869545
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VAHYQY/

This is pretty decent and has analog LR triggers.
>>
Don't the PS3 controllers have analog shoulders? I know they work on the Wii+Nintendont at least, so I bet they work on Dolphin. If not then I bet you can just use any controller with 4 shoulder buttons and use the remaining shoulder button as a half-press, as in you hold L1 + R2 to shoot water while running. I beat Mario Sunshine that way with no problems.
>>
>>3869545
You sure it's not just a configuration problem? Even the cheap ass $5 chink GC controllers I've tried do analog on the triggers.
At any rate, you do better to get an adapter. They're $10 and let you use original or 3rd party controllers and work with the Wii U. For what you paid you could have got one and a better chink controller.
Protip: Avoid things with "retro" in the name. They're often overpriced shit designed to milk hipsters.
>>
>>3869594
They have analog shoulders yes.
But by most recent home console is Wii, so I don't have PS3 or 4.

>>3869629
I did some searchs about Retrolink and I found several reports about the non-support of L/R Analog (and honestly L and R are just like a classic button but with springs include. I'll probably go for an adaptor and try to get a GC controller from my bf.
>>
you know what has analog shoulders?
the fucking xbox 360 controller, the most widely supported controller ever made
I don't understand why people like you bother trying to get other shit to work. do you like fiddling with settings for hours or something?
>>
Either get a Steam Controller for proper GC trigger emulation or buy a Mayflash GC to USB adapter.
>>
>>3869646
Grab one of the Smash GC controllers and a Mayflash adapter if you can't snag an old one. I held off for ages and finally got one, feels like my original did when I first got my Gamecube. Not saying it's the cheapest option but it does feel the nicest to play.

Also as someone else said the Xbox 360 controller is fucking awesome for this, and it works with most PC games that have controller support. I use mine more than any other gamepad. If you hate the 360 controller I can understand, but it just plain works.
>>
File: s-l1000[1].jpg (138KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000[1].jpg
138KB, 750x1000px
Grab a used Gamecube controller. No third party knock offs or anything, they're all notoriously bad.
Look for controllers without obviously loose or "lazy" sticks or scratched up housings, as it implies misuse. Sometimes you can get two or even three decent quality controllers for under $20.
Disassemble, clean it up, reassemble.

I use this. Works perfectly, although Dolphin doesn't recognize it as an official Nintendo adapter so you do still have to map the controller inputs.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RSXRLUE/
>>
>>3870008
Wait, what does Dolphin care whether or not the adapter is the official one?
The official one was for the Wii U.
>>
>>3870018
I have a 3rd party Wii U gamecube controller adapter, and Dolphin recognizes it perfectly
>>
>>3870008
I saw the exact same adapter on reddit while searching, so I guess it's a good one, thank you anon

>>3869734
Never had any Xbox console
>>
>>3870105
It's the official controller that came with the Gamecube, like the other anon said make sure you get one that works or that you can fix it. People sell loads of broken ones.
>>
>>3870105
Also get a 360 controller anyway. I'm tellin ya, it's great and you'll be thrilled.
>>
>>3870018
Nope as long as it's a decent 3rd party adapter, and drivers are installed properly. Plenty of mayflashes get used.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=How_to_use_the_Official_GameCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin#Using_Zadig
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.