[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: Simons Quest Tornado.jpg (84KB, 700x613px) Image search: [Google]
Simons Quest Tornado.jpg
84KB, 700x613px
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
>>3868550
>I bet our audience aren't morons
>You're right they can figure out what we mean

and yet you prove them wrong. But hey good job mimicking what some random eceleb told you about a game you never touched
>>
HIT DEBORAH CLIFF WITH YOUR HEAD TO MAKE A HOLE
>>
I don't get it.
>>
>>3868550
I figured it out by myself when I was 8. It's not that the game is hard, it's you who are soft.
>>
>>3868604
e-celeb quote
>>
Castlevania 2 is a very intuitive game and your a millenial shitter if you disagree.
>>
>people watch ecelebs instead of playing the games themselves
>don't realize that the game literally tells you what to do
>>
>>3868604
18+
>>
>>3868604
You have to crouch in that exact spot with an exact item to proceed. The game's translation is one of the worst of all time.
>>
hes gunna take you back to the passt
>>
>>3868729
>the game literally tells you what to do

>tells you to go to Deborah Cliff and wait for a soul with a crystal
>there is an old woman who gives you a diamond at Deborah Cliff
>it's the wrong Deborah Cliff for the whirlwind
>>
File: images[1].png (16KB, 195x179px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].png
16KB, 195x179px
>>3868550
From the thumbnail I thought this was going to be a Blaster Master thread
>>
>enter thread to commiserate with anons about how bullshit Simon's Quest is
>apparently that's verboten because of a YouTuber
?
>>
File: duck-e.png (12KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
duck-e.png
12KB, 512x480px
>years back
>have no idea what to think.
luckily my friend had the nintendo power guide.
>>
>>3868729
It tells you in the most vaguest way.
>>
File: 090207_duck1.jpg (151KB, 624x474px) Image search: [Google]
090207_duck1.jpg
151KB, 624x474px
>>3869076
>mfw even the Japanese version refers to a duck

And Retro Game Challenge even had a reference to it.
>>
>If a game is too cryptic but an e-celeb also said it's too cryptic, then it's actually a masterpiece of game design that I could beat when I was in the womb and you're just a millenial wuss

Castlevania 2 was fucking cryptic.
>>
>>3869630

yes and no

the botched translation was cryptic, the original made much more sense, that's why everyone is talking past each other ITT
>>
>>3869076
i thought they just forgot a comma or period between graveyard and duck. but, how do you know it isn't a duck in that cloak?

despite not having the internet, everyone knew what to do in simon's quest back in the day.
>>
this game sucks, Castlevania 2....
>>
>>3869664
Well a lot of us had to resort to some amount of trial and error on our first playthrough and got the bad ending but that's replayability, Baby.
>>
>>3868778
Well there's not that many items and the abrupt dead end is very suspicious. Simple trial and error would've got you through it. I mean there's not much you can do with each item other than hold it while standing, ducking, jumping, or in some cases throwing it.
>>
>>3869724
>the abrupt dead end is very suspicious.
There's like 3 dead ends in the game, none of the others do anything. One of the others even has an invisible staircase that doesn't lead anywhere and has no secrets.
>>
>>3869715

Seriously, at some point it seems at some point players have become so terrified of failure that games practically play themselves. People won't even look at a game if the can't get the ultra mega hidden happy ending on their first go
>>
File: 14sh9wl[1].jpg (58KB, 485x354px) Image search: [Google]
14sh9wl[1].jpg
58KB, 485x354px
>>3870749
>>
>>3868708
Oh, so that's when they diagnosed your autism?
>>
>>3869058
Underrated comment
>>
>>3871152
>Actually trying things out in a video game
>Huuuur duuuur autism
>>
>>3870749
True, the majority of people don't want games to be difficult. It's idiacracy! Even fighting games have cheat combo buttons for casual players. Video games have become a casual for of entertainment like television.
>>
>>3871152
>lol le autism buzzword

What's next, you gonna reply to this and call me a "sperg" who should "kill himself"?
>>
>>3868550
They were thinking that people would actually play the game themselves instead of regurgitate the opinion of a washed up e-celeb.
>>
I have heard plenty of times in many places that CV II is shit because reasons, so i dont feel like playing it. So, my question is: theres any clue in the games that tells you that you have to kneel there and use the crystal? Trial and error is not a legit answer, because trial and error is something ok for Atari 2600, not for NES. Thats just devs being lazy.
>>
File: duck-j[1].png (12KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
duck-j[1].png
12KB, 512x480px
>>3872245
So just to be clear, you are saying that the only valid reason for a game not to explain everything is technological limitations?
>>
>>3872245
>So, my question is: theres any clue in the games that tells you that you have to kneel there and use the crystal?

They flat tell you to go to the place and pray while clutching the Crystal.

So yeah, Kneeling while holding the items you need isn't exactly far fetched and hard to decipher
>>
>>3872296

theres a difference between telling clues and telling straight up "hey dipshit, go here and do this and this". You clearly cant see the difference. Thats why im asking if the game at some point gives you the chance to figure out the puzzle.

>>3872298

well thanks. Now my question is, is this clue available in the english version? because the problem seems to be that the translator did a very bad job and nobody could figure out this.
>>
>>3869630
>>3869649
>>
>>3872326
>is this clue available in the english version?

The grammar isn't perfect but yes it is clear what they want you to do.
>>
File: simonsquestbodyimg599px[1].jpg (72KB, 599x284px) Image search: [Google]
simonsquestbodyimg599px[1].jpg
72KB, 599x284px
>>3872326
This is what it says about that. The infamous "graveyard duck" actually ends up being a BONUS clue to it in the English version since the Japanese text is clearly, actually talking about the animal duck but when translated to english it suggests ducking down.
>>
File: Castlevania2_c301.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania2_c301.png
4KB, 256x224px
>>3872335

this one?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.