[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why couldn't Toad just pick up the axe and chop the bridge down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: thankyou.png (19KB, 808x630px) Image search: [Google]
thankyou.png
19KB, 808x630px
Why couldn't Toad just pick up the axe and chop the bridge down?
>>
>>3868438
Because then Mario couldn't cross the bridge and continue his adventure.
>>
>>3868681
Couldn't he just use the Warp Zones instead?
>>
>>3868684
Not if he's already in a castle. There's no backtracking.
>>
File: 1425086646174.png (227KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1425086646174.png
227KB, 449x401px
>>3868438
Seriously, how incompetent is Mario? He literally raids 7 castles, killing god knows how many innocents in the process, before finding the right one. Was he just murdering at random in a blind rage because his gf was stolen?
>>
>>3868732
He raids 7 castles from the easiest to the hardest so he would gain experience to defeat koopa. if there's no real koopa at the 1st castle he then proceeds to the next harder castle and so on. That game has no EXP points so the actual EXP is gained by the player a.k.a (You). Imagine playing it for the first time and the castle 1-4 boss is king koopa with throwing hammers
>>
>>3868754
You realize how retarded you sound, don't you? There's no story basis for your argument, either.

Face it, Mario is incompetent. Fuck, even Toad thinks Mario's an idiot. "Yeah, thanks a lot Mario, but you realize that the princess is in another castle, right?"
>>
>>3868763
> That Mario dumbass doesn't even have x-ray vision
> He's so incompetent
>>
Mushroom retainers can't jump high enough to clear the wall. They're down in a pit basically.
>>
File: smas-smb_toad1.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
smas-smb_toad1.png
3KB, 256x224px
He's trapped inside a bag.
>>
>>3868438
Because toad was just a handful of pixels and lines of text with no ability to pick up anything let alone think.
>>
>>3868681
>>3869705

Fuck off with the
>because it's a game
or
>because then the story couldn't happen
copout excuses.
>why didn't the eagles fly frodo to mordor
>why didn't monkey fly to india and get the scriptures himself
>why didn't buzz and woody stay in the minivan
You could say this sort of shit about literally every plothole in every medium known to man

If I were to come up with an in-universe reason I'd say it's because Toad is afraid Bowser will catch him before he gets to it and hurt hum (Bowser is sitting right next to the thing after all)
>>
why doesn't Toad just SHOOT Bowser
>>
>>3869758
He obviously can't do that, but the one thing toad is demonstrated to be able to do is speak aloud to Mario. Why doesn't he just shout "hey mario, you're wasting your time here, you need to go to world 8" when he hears Mario start fighting Bowser?
>>
>>3869773
why the fuck would a random toad know where bowser's keeping the princess hidden
>>
>>3869782
Well he knows she's not standing right there with him! He could at least give Mario a heads up.
The whole thing really doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>3868438
Clearly toad can't jump high enough. Think about it. What is it that allows Mario, a fat plumber with no weapons to tear through the entire koopa army? He can jump over them. Imagine how terrifying a goomba would be if you were stuck to the ground.

If you look at later games you see how mario is renowned by the toads for his jumping and try to emulate him. He teaches them how to jump, and after that bowser needs the aid of magic, stars, or fleets of airships and tanks to take over the kingdom.
>>
>>3869786
what difference would it make toad telling mario that the princess isn't there? he'd still be in a fight with a big monster trying to kill him

and if he did and mario turned right around and ran out of the castle, then the toad wouldn't get saved. do you really expect it to act against its own interest?
>>
>>3869795
It's not evident that the toad is in any danger.
I always got the impression that the 7 toads are like stewards of the castles, which are being temporarily occupied by by bowser.

I guess in the context of a larger war (which is not directly attested but which we can perhaps assume is going on) it is still necessary for mario to dislodge bowser from the various minor castles as well in order to eliminate his power base. Of course, the efficacy of warp zones seems to contradict that.
But why do we even assume mario is unaware of the fact that "the princess is in another castle" in the first place? It should be obvious that bowser's key hostage would be kept in his most secure castle, not one of the various more easily penetrated minor ones. I'm sure no player in the world ever thought the game was going to be over after world 1-4, and why would mario be dumber than even the most naive little kid?
>>
>>3869825
all the other bowsers aren't bowsers they're his minions like koopas and goombas disguised as bowser

when you kill all the other bowsers with fire they all turn into smaller enemies when they die

also what world do you live in where being held captive is not any cause for alarm. the toad wants to escape
>>
>>3869723
You are literally autistic
>>
>>3869834
And you are boring as fuck

Just saying "because it's a game" is a vapid point to make because everyone already knows it's a fucking game, you're not bringing anything to the conversation except your listless attitude
>>
>>3869891
>toad
>plumber from brooklyn
>can't have guns in brooklyn
>>
>>3869889

>vapid

automatic red flag that you wear a fedora
>>
>>3869825
That implies some ominous things. Bowser didn't install the lava pits and firebar traps? Is that why so few troops are in the castle levels?
"Damn these mushroom kingdom castles are deathtraps! Half my army would walk right into the lava within the first hour. You! Dress up like me and stand by the door so that mushroom guy will think I'm still here, the rest of us are gonna post up outside the castle."
>>
>>3869723
The birds didn't bring Frodo to Mordor because they were done doing Gandalf favors. Then the niggers finally destroyed the ring and the birds wanted to personally congratulate them for doing it.
>>
>>3869832
>all the other bowsers aren't bowsers they're his minions like koopas and goombas disguised as bowser
Irrelevant, as Bowser's faction still controls the castles.

>also what world do you live in where being held captive is not any cause for alarm. the toad wants to escape
In a pseudo-medieval castles and dragons fantasy setting, allowing yourself to be kept hostage is usually a much safer bet than trying to escape. Toad has nowhere to go anyway, if he's the steward of the castle it's his duty to stay there and wait for the kingdom to be liberated.

>>3869930
When you take over a castle, you naturally get control over all the fortifications and defensive devices, or at least the ones the losing side didn't manage to destroy first. It would actually explain a lot, like why there are so many open lava pits without bridges over them: the mushroom kingdom's forces could've destroyed the bridges and holed up in the keep while bowser's army was siegeing them.

Is there any official explanation for why the castles are mostly devoid of enemies? It doesn't seem to be a technical limitation (sprite limit etc.), but it definitely gives those levels a creepy and tense atmosphere.
>>
>>3868438
It's too heavy for Toad.
>>
>>3869991
>Is there any official explanation for why the castles are mostly devoid of enemies? It doesn't seem to be a technical limitation (sprite limit etc.), but it definitely gives those levels a creepy and tense atmosphere.

You killed most of them.
>>
>>3868438

It's not Toad. It's just some nameless, poncy Mushroom Retainer who's probably never hefted a weapon in his or her life.
>>
>>3869723
>>3869889
I think they mean relax; you wrote whole paragraph, angrily about a videogame. Just relax.
>>
>>3868438
Then Mario couldn't get across to reach the real castle?
>>
Let's drop some Mario redpills up in here:
1. Princess Peach is an usurper from Brooklyn
2. Whatever happened to the Queen?
3. The Mushroom Kingdom is being militarized (you can see this in the trains in Captain Toad)
4. Not only have the natives been subjugated by this false regent, they've been conscripted to find treasures for the Kingdom in order to fund the war against the Koopas (a regional power)
5. Bowser attempts the classic maneuver of cutting the head off the dragon, i.e. removing Peach
6. Mario, another Brooklynite, goes full Solid Snake and thwarts Bowser's plan
7. In the upcoming Mario Odyssey, we see Bowser attempting a new method of avoiding total war: the marrying of Peach

I'm surprised the Koopas have lasted as long as they have. They're very resourceful, and Bowser's biggest asset is probably his court magician/strategist, Kamek. It'll be very interesting to see what happens when the war spills over into Brooklyn (aka New Donk City.)
>>
File: confused bomber.jpg (11KB, 164x199px) Image search: [Google]
confused bomber.jpg
11KB, 164x199px
What happens to the castles that Mario skips over when you use warp zones? Do the Toads just stay kidnapped?
>>
>>3876121
The Game Boy Color version confirms that they stay kidnapped.
>>
>>3869723
It's just a game chill.
>>
>>3876126
Does the game berate you for it at the end or something? That's hilarious.
>>
>>3868438
Same reason the Princess doesn't save herself.
>>
>>3868763
Dude sounds like Donald Trump
>>
File: 1490221769187.jpg (90KB, 600x820px) Image search: [Google]
1490221769187.jpg
90KB, 600x820px
>>3879876
Yeah, he wrecks his enemies and wins in the end despite massive opposition. Like Trump. A true hero.
>>
>>3869758
Why doesn't Mario just SHOOT Bowser?
Why doesn't Bowser just SHOOT Princess Toadstool?
Why doesn't Princess Toadstool just SHOOT Bowser?

You know why? Mysogyny.
>>
I really wish someone would make a game that deals with all of these "logical missteps", have the game be basically be the length of MGS:G0, and charge full modern day price for it.
>>
>>3869773
We don't know he can hear. He may be deaf and not know what's happening until Mario gets there.
>>
>>3868438
His spindly little arms were too weak.
>>
>>3880049
How else does he know when Mario reaches him, then? The whole game takes place on a 2D plane, so from Toad's perspective he can't even see Mario coming.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.