[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT: Emulator Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: F1HK0GJG0KQK4ZJ.MEDIUM.jpg (50KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
F1HK0GJG0KQK4ZJ.MEDIUM.jpg
50KB, 620x465px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread: Emulator Edition

I'll start:

Dual Screens and Emulation: How do I drag this shit onto my TV?

I have a PC hooked up to a monitor and a TV, the TV is my monitor's extension.

When I drag an emulator onto the TV and try to play it there, it opens up on the monitor. How the fuck can I get it to play on my second screen? Google doesn't give me an answer, just people not figuring it out. What the fuck do you do, /vr/?
>>
i just connect my pc to the tv and forget my monitor.
>>
Fullscreen is a mess when you're using multiple screens. Some games and emulators let you choose which screen to fullscreen to, but if they don't then you'll just have to set your TV as primary monitor each time you want to use it for games.
If all else fails, just set the TV as the only monitor, duh.
>>
>>3867509

Does anyone know of a way to transfer your killboard from Secret Missions 2's end to Wing Commander 2 proper? It's not really anything but a vanity idea, but dammit, I earned those hundreds of kills!
>>
>>3867542
>set your TV as primary monitor each time
w-won't this fuck up my icons when I switch back?
>>
>>3867509
Stream it to your tv with the steam link or a compatible tv box
>>
>>3867612
Only if the TV is a different resolution.
>>
>>3867621
>steam link
>$49.99
no thx
I have a $30 VGA-->RCA box already
And I use an old school Trisonic RCA switch box to toggle PC/DVD/Consoles on the TV.

>>3867625
I'm g-gonna try it. I hope it doesn't perma fuck my shit up (I'm terrified of losing icons and not being able to find them again).
>>
>>3867697
>(I'm terrified of losing icons and not being able to find them again).
...why?
>>
windows key+alt and using the arrow keys should do the trick. I believe that's the shortcut to move applications. Had to do it before back when I ran dual monitors and still used Windows.
>>
>>3867697
>Perma fuck up your desktop icons
They should just stack over each other. I don't think it's possible for them to leave the screen.
(I had that issue with windows though with my funky dual screen setup.)
>>
>>3867697
>icon hoarder
>retarded
lel
>>
>>3868491
Didn't do anything, but thanks for the idea.
>>3867542
>>3868496
Fucks up my icons, going to have to put them all back into place each time I switch, but it allows the game to be played on the TV. Better than nothing, I guess.
>>
File: question cat.png (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
question cat.png
12KB, 300x300px
Anyone have success playing d/l PS2 ISOs on a slim console via USB? Or any other method?
>>
>>3867509
Press winkey+p.
Not even trolling.
>>
>>3868996
Thanks for the shortcut. It produces some lag on the TV and it still muh icons me. But, it's certainly something to try.
>>
>>3868994
Seconding this question.
>>
>>3868994
Yes, but with most games played on PS2 with USB you will have issues with FMVs. It's better to just burn games onto DVDs.
Also not Retro.
>>
File: halp.png (10KB, 609x500px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
10KB, 609x500px
Trying to play metal slug 2 via fightcade but when I launch it, this is all I get. I got the rom via the /fgg/ mega and fightcade recognises them so I'm reasonably certain there's no problem with it.

Any ideas how to fix this?
>>
>>3867509

Would it be retarded to hook my PC up to a CRT TV for emulation? Image quality would be awful, but the little input lag, deep blacks, and lack of ghosting/smearing sounds good.

But I'd like to hear from some who've tried it.
>>
>>3869207
>Image quality would be awful
What? Maybe if you use a VGA to RCA adapter, but a natively VGA CRT would look great. Also if you're gonna use any kind of adapter just give up, input lag will still exist.
>>
>>3869228
>if you're gonna use any kind of adapter just give up, input lag will still exist.

Not true. Passive converters won't introduce any lag, which would be things like s-video to composite or VGA to RGB, or DVI to VGA
>>
>>3869120

does metal slug need any of the neogeo bios files? do you have those if it does?
>>
>>3869384
I'm fairly certain VGA to RGB introduces a bit of lag because of the sync cable, but otherwise you're right. I was talking more about the HDMI to VGA and VGA to RCA adapters people use nowadays.
>>
whats the best hardware for emulating old games for a kid? beagleboard, rasberry pi?
>>
>>3867697
>having more than a handful of icons on your desktop
literally why
>>
>>3869974
Not him, but I generally have a full column of icons going down the side of my desktop for games/emulators.

Occasionally some old game will force my comp to run at a lower resolution, which causes my icons to become two half columns.
>>
Do you guys consider retro gaming playing with emulators using new controllers (GameSir G3 in my case)?
>>
>>3869207
>>3869228
>>3869384
>>3869414

I have my laptop with VGA output connected to an old KV-36FV310 with Component input via some Extron devices on occasion for watching anime and playing older games.

I never noticed much lag, or certainly not enough to bother me.

I thought that some of the newer indie retro-styled titles such as Steam Knight would look great if I could play them in 240p with scan lines. Unfortunately, most newer games' native screen ratio is 16;9, and as a result they get scrunched into letterbox DVD format by the TV. Using the Extrons to change the Vertical Size just makes everything look too thin and also adds a bit of vibration to the image. It's still neat, but you lose quite a bit of detail when something is downscaled from 1080p.

For anything from over a decade ago though, it's the bees' knees.
>>
>>3870013
Depends on how good the dpad is

I hate playing retro games with my steam controller because the dpad is hot awkward garbage, but I love my 8bitdo (which was designed with retro games in mind. that's probably what makes the difference)
>>
>>3867509
Just change display to mirror main screen, solves lag issues.
>>
Stupid question: Why do people use older PCs to emulate to a CRT? Why can't you just convert everything to YPbPr?
>>
>>3870232
>8bitdo
Thanks for the info dude, I may be pushing it here but, does any of you know if the ones sold in sites like Aliexpress are any good?
>>
>>3870567
Get a SNES usb controller off of AliExpress or something similar. I've personally never used ones but I've heard good things.
>>
>>3870574
Gracias compañero.
>>
File: 255px-Last_Blade_(cover).jpg (47KB, 255x371px) Image search: [Google]
255px-Last_Blade_(cover).jpg
47KB, 255x371px
What's the best way to emulate this and SamSho on Android? What version? PSX or something else?
>>
>>3870519
In my case at least, older PCs cost less and I like having a separate dedicated system for emulation.
>>
>>3869974
because i make my own icons and i make them into waifus and husbandos and they make me happy and i don't want to disorganize them ;__;
>>
>>3867509
> how do i move windows guise?
>>
>>3870857
Do any older PCs boot up quick? I have my compaq with XP on it but it takes a few minutes from power on to desktop.

>>3870958
For real? If you post pics, I won't make fun of you.
>>
File: really.jpg (23KB, 320x440px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
23KB, 320x440px
>>3869228
>>3869384

I just checked my CRT TV, it only has RGB, s-video, and composite. No VGA.

Should I even bother, what do?

Would something like a HDMI to RGB converter box work? I read some CRT's won't work with it if they don't accept 480p. I'm guessing my CRT TV doesn't? And it would also introduce input lag which would make the whole point of it moot? There's HDMI to RGB cables, but all the Amazon reviews say they flat out don't work.
>>
>>3871704
VGA->RGB.

It's passive.
>>
>>3870574
Aliexpress is fine, that's where I got mine.

Just check reviews and sort the search results by numbers of orders to find the best sellers.
>>
>>3869120
The rom is working. You're in the test mode. Get out of it and/or reset it.
>>
>>3871704
I puke all over myself whenever I see that face
>>
What are some good top down shooters like alien syndrome?
>>
>>3867612
> caring about your icons
> using the desktop in 2017
>>
>>3869950
Hacked wii
>>
In Retroarch, is there an option to rescale the screens? I would like to have the main screen really big and the touch screen scaled down and moved to a corner of the screen.
>>
>>3873117

Ooop, I'm talking about DS emulation of course.
>>
Where can I shop for NES games besides eBay and Craigslist? Online, that is
>>
>>3873062
what's the alternative to using the desktop?
you on some next level shit
>>
File: Chrono_Trigger_Artwork3.jpg (109KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono_Trigger_Artwork3.jpg
109KB, 700x420px
Thinking of getting into JRPG and Chrono trigger was recommended.
What version is best to play, PS or SNES?
I'll be using PSP to run it, if this makes any difference.
>>
>>3869117
>not Retro
When will it become retro then?
I was playing MNC 3 a few days a go, and trying to show off to my nephew the cars I have, But he wasn't impressed and told me asphalt is better
Which game allowed you to run your car on two wheels?

Maybe when we get older?
>>
>>3875930
DS. PS version is complete garbage, there is load times for every battle. No idea if SNES version works well on PSP.
>>
>>3875930
PS have slow loading times.
Get the SNES version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rY9rE0xJsg
It runs fine on PSP, though you might need to fiddle with the settings a bit.
DS version is good only if you have DS, not comfortable to play on phone.
And I don't think DSonPSP can run it.
>>
>>3870839

I believe there's native APKs for both.
>>
>>3871704

At least you aren't stuck with an Omega CMVS like I am. Best thing to play Neo Geo MVS cartridges with... EXCEPT it looks like crap because no CRT can display the whole thing AND no HD TV can play properly either because it has a weird, unique refresh rate.
>>
How do I turn my Wii into an emulation machine? Its already softmodded. Is there a guide?
>>
>>3875935
>When will it become retro then?
Never ask this question because the answer is never.
I say this from experience, not because I agree with it.

Still, I recommend asking your "almost retro" questions anyway because someone who doesn't have shit for brains might answer politely.
>>
>>3879272
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators
Download whatever you want and go nuts.

You can also try retroarch. It has a shitty interface but some emulators run better with it. SNES and GBA in my experiance.
https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.5.0/nintendo/wii/
>>
Dum question about ZX Spectrum Emulation.

Mainly, what the fuck do I do and where the fuck do I even begin? This is coming from someone who has never seen the bloody thing... but played a lot of Jetpac in Donkey Kong 64 and wants MORE. Also, I heard there's a Sim City version and a trillion other great games for it, so I do want to play them.
>>
>>3875930
Definitely the SNES version. Although SNES emulation on PSP isn't very good.
>>
>>3881264
Ant specific reason?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.