[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game let me feel like a mega powerful mage with tons of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5601.jpg (865KB, 1200x1503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5601.jpg
865KB, 1200x1503px
What game let me feel like a mega powerful mage with tons of spells? Party based RPGs included too.
>>
Morrowind is the best I can think of, which is a shame
>>
>>3866827
Diablo 2?
>>
>>3866827
late game baldur's gate or related games

early game mages are weak, but they get really powerful
>>
File: me-irl.jpg (614KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
me-irl.jpg
614KB, 1024x768px
Witches, please
>>
Willow on NES has a lot. Though all you'll ever use is Heal
>>
File: maglord[1].png (761KB, 563x800px) Image search: [Google]
maglord[1].png
761KB, 563x800px
>this wasn't the first answer
You're slipping, /vr/
>>
File: lune fire wall.gif (256KB, 460x346px) Image search: [Google]
lune fire wall.gif
256KB, 460x346px
>>3866827
You mean games with magic 'n flow 'n shit, where you can be rollin wit da wizzads and go ZAP MOTHAFUCKA like that harry potter dude?

I recommend Heroes of Might & Magic 3.
>>
>>3866827
SaGa Frontier
>>
Might and Magic 6
Even has proper utility spells like levitation and telekinesis.
>>
>>3867302
this this this

early game you walk around doing silly quests for coins.
late game you are a wizard god of death, flying over the land buffed up and showering enemies with meteors
>>
>>3866913
Really powerful when they blow their load then gotta go rest for a day.

D&D mages dont translate to video gaming well.
>>
>>3866827

in Magicka you have 8 elements (fire, water, ....) and based on the combinations you choose (you can combine up to 5 for a single spell) you get different spells.

also you can choose whether the magic is directed at the cursor, radial from your player or selfdirected.

when you are cold and wet you can use selfdirected weak fire to heat and dry yourself up.
>>
>>3867369
It's not retro but from what iIve seen in videos, it's exactly what I've been looking for. Is it any fun? you never know with modern vidya

Also it seems targeted mainly at multiplayer, does the game gimp offline players?
>>
File: 4eb.jpg (73KB, 744x942px) Image search: [Google]
4eb.jpg
73KB, 744x942px
>>3866928
Reading the card explains the card.

>pre-6th ed. rules
>mfw
>>
>>
Runescape.
>>
>>3866928
Game name please ?
>>
>>3870206
Mtg Shandalar
>>
File: 84878-feud-zx-spectrum.png (6KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
84878-feud-zx-spectrum.png
6KB, 256x192px
Feud? You mostly just gather ingredients though.
>>
>>3871942
Oh you know you just reminded me, Mage Guild would be a pretty good suggestion, as would NetHack and Dungeon Crawl I suppose.
>>
>>3866827

most jrpgs can accomplish this feeling. try looking through a list of games for consoles you like. its easy to find games nobody usually talks about that way. you might even find a new favorite. good luck op.
>>
>>3866827

If you are willing to go non-retro (while maintaining a somewhat retro-ish feel), you might try Temple of Elemental Evil, or perhaps the Dominions series (although in that you don't have a player character to use your many many spells directly).
>>
>>3866827
FF5 (or any FF game with blue magic, but especially 5) and Wild Arms 1 are the best JRPG options I can think of, although you'll probably only end up using a few of your dozens of spells.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.