[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the ultimate hidden gem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: LiveALiveBoxArt.jpg (77KB, 277x150px) Image search: [Google]
LiveALiveBoxArt.jpg
77KB, 277x150px
Is this the ultimate hidden gem?
>>
Just go back to [insert website beginning with R because our system thinks your post is spam], please.
>>
>>3866382
Nah. i like it but it has some pretty big flaws and little replayability.
>>
It's a proto-SaGa wannabe that's considerably overrated by hipsters. The fact that it was never released outside of Japan is some indication.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (618KB, 2100x1548px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
618KB, 2100x1548px
No.
>>
>>3866404
It's more akin to Hi-no-Tori fanfiction
>>
>>3866396
Like what?
>>
File: RD.png (190KB, 538x623px) Image search: [Google]
RD.png
190KB, 538x623px
>>3866404
>It's a proto-SaGa wannabe that's considerably overrated by hipsters
>It's a proto-SaGa wannabe
>proto-SaGa
>>
>>3866382
Better than Chrono Niggered
>>
File: 7km39Hb.jpg (135KB, 650x509px) Image search: [Google]
7km39Hb.jpg
135KB, 650x509px
>>3866382
It's a interesting game, a friend of mine really likes this one, and while seeing different kinds of stories/scenarios is kinda fun, changing your whole party every 2~4 hours is not good game design.

I enjoyed Touhou-a-Live (a parody game) a bit more, the whole thing is considerably similar in the paper, but there's a new chapter near the end which is pretty memorable.
>>
>>3867148
>changing the whole party is not good game design

That's nonsense. It worked out perfectly given the story and gameplay mechanics being used. The story as told wouldn't make any sense without that exact thing happening. Final Fantasy VI also did this at several points, and so did Dragon Quest IV; that's just off the top of my head. It's not exactly unprecedented.
>>
>>3866463

It's SaGa-lite. How's that?
>>
>>3866382
i feel like this game is pretty well known
but yeah i definitely enjoyed it
>>
>>3867525
I'm not against the concept itself, but when the ENTIRE game is just that, you don't really feel character growth (they getting stronger) that a RPG is supposed to provide.
>>
>>3866382
No. A game that's posted about all the time just can't be called hidden. Maybe the LP you learned about it was hidden from you until you used your moms youtube account. But that's just because one sperglord reported another sperglords shit for inappropriate content.
>>
>>3869090
That's because the character growth is done in the final chapter.
>>
>>3866382
>Is this the ultimate hidden gem?
>Has English patch
>Hidden
Nah, it's not even that good of a game anyway.
You'd be better off playing a SaGa game or Metal Max if you want lesser appreciated RPGs, LaL is a decent curiosity but not what I'd call a good game, let alone a gem.
>>
>>3869694
>muh open world
>>
>>3869717
yeah, I've quickly learned to ignore the metal max autist
>>
>>3866382
No because there's a thread about it here every couple of weeks.
>>
>>3869691
Which is like 10% of the game. This makes the scenarios that come before it feel like filler. The characters from different scenarios don't even interact with each other. They just got shoved together in the last scenario with no rhyme or reason.
>>
>>3867148
I think Touhou A Live makes that chapter too long, it was barely bareable in the original game.
>>
>>3867148
>Touhou
Autistic faggot.
>>
>>3872727
The game isn't about the characters as it is about the character's stories and what hero archetype they represent. The character that goes through the most growth and change does so that he might serve as an overall narrator and drive home the point of the story. It's a different mechanism than most.
>>
>>3869691
Most of them are strong to begin with. Not everything is about escapism and self-insertion.
>>
>>3873069
The only one that acted like a autistic faggot here is you.
>>
>>3875562
Nah, I agree with him that touhoufags are autistic faggots akin to the MLP and sonic fanbases.
>>
>>3875567
But did you saw someone acting like a "autistic faggot" here? Not everybody is the same person.

/jp/ is pretty trash because of touhoufags, but I don't think that touhou itself is bad, it's a nice game with some decent gameplay and lore, some specific fangames can be pretty good too, Touhou is not offensive at least if you can ignore the fanbase and just mind yourself.
>>
>>3867540
SaGavania is the correct term
>>
>>3866442
To name a few.

Some chapters are a slog upon replaying. Things like oboro's and sunset's is cool since it has a bunch of secrets but others like cube's and akira's lose charm when you know what to expect.

Quality between the chapters varies quite a lot. Some are quite interesting while others are your typical jrpg fair. I suppose this adds diversity but still.

In the final chapter the characters are unbalanced. Some like Lin (we all chose fucking Lin, c'mon) and Sunset once he gets hurricane shot are ridiculous while others like Akira and Pogo feel like dead weight.

Difficulty is a little on the easy side. There were a few moments I struggled (The fish in Oboro's chapter and Max Morgan in Masaru's come to mind, as well as the final hidden boss) but mostly I got through bosses and enemies with ease.

I like the game, I really do, but it is quite flawed. Unlike something like DQV or Earthbound, which I play every year or two, LaL is something I won't return to for a LONG time.
>>
>>3873069
I expect quality arguments
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.