[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Echo Night Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: echo night 2.png (124KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
echo night 2.png
124KB, 250x250px
I just finished Echo Night 2, best game I've played in a long, long time.
It's aged fantastically.
I'm about to start Echo Night, and if I like it, I'm considering buying Echo Night 3 (for PS2).

Anyone wanna talk about the Echo Night series? Anyone played Echo Night: Beyond (EN 3) for PS2?
>>
>>3865803
yeah, sure.
what did you like about it?
>>
>>3865809
The level of detail. Every piece of furniture, every item has a detailed description.
The horror wasn't IN YOUR FACE AUAUAUAUAU, but often subtle. There were bits of optional text that creeped me out. The stories of the characters made me feel happy and sad or tense at times.
The graphics were beautiful for the time. Absolutely stunning for PS.
There are problems, too. But I enjoyed this a great deal.
>>
>>3865803
Echo Night 2 was translated?
If so, that's nice. I was waiting on that before starting the series.
>>
>>3865885
https://nicoblog.org/psx-iso/echo-night-2-the-lord-of-nightmares-eng-patched/
>>
>>3865885
For like two years now - and I still haven't played Echo Night 1 beyond checking it out.

I loved Shadow Tower but Echo Night was too slow for me. Does it pick up?
>>
>>3865803
Echo Night Beyond is pretty good, but I'm stuck at some botanic garden (or whatever) so I can't say for sure
>>
ah i forgot this got translated.
i enjoy the first one, even if it is pretty dated.
good game to play on a quiet or rainy night where you can dedicate some time solely to it.
>>
>>3865893
I can't speak for EN1 yet but EN2 didn't leave me wanting for action. To be clear, there's not much for combat, but there are instances where you're being pursued by someone and must fast and be able to think in a panic to survive. The story and, in my opinion, game play clicked along. There was backtracking, like in most horror survival/mystery games, but even that didn't seem so bad to me because I was constantly interested in where the story was going, how to solve a puzzle in my way, or totally absorbed by eluding whatever was trying to kill me.

There were stretches of frustration but all in all it was a good time. I've got questions regarding some of the story and some items I didn't find a use for, though. Anyone around remember it really well?
>>
>>3865803
>Anyone played Echo Night: Beyond (EN 3) for PS2?

Play it, it's amazing. One of the most atmospheric game I've played.
>>
>>3865803
Beyond is seriously one of my favorite video games of all time.

It's themes are a bit mainstream and over used now, but back then it was still pretty novel.
>>
File: EN2 Guest Room.jpg (235KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
EN2 Guest Room.jpg
235KB, 960x720px
>>3866765
>>3866789
Thanks. I appreciate the endorsement, I will seek it out. I think the cheapest I've seen it go for is $40 on eBay. Do you own hard copies or did you emulate it?
The atmosphere in EN2 was just delicious. I've never felt so comfy in a place where someone/thing was trying to kill me. One of my favorite atmospheric games of all time is CastleVania 64, and at times I felt this was on par (very different game play, however). One of my other favorite games is Clock Tower, and I'd highly push this at anyone else who enjoyed that series. Felt quite Silent Hill at times, too. But to compare it to other games is a disservice to its uniqueness. I just can't recommend it enough.
>>
File: darth vaders internally.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
darth vaders internally.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>3866765
>atmospheric
>>
>>3867282
Are you disagreeing?
>>
>>3867457
space joke
>>
File: face5.png (74KB, 399x301px) Image search: [Google]
face5.png
74KB, 399x301px
>>3867487
>>
>>3865803
I'm not gonna lie to you

I'm not a big fan of echo night beyond

you move at the pace of a slug, which I can deal with

some puzzles require running straight into ghosts over and over until you succeed in the goal

some puzzles are so goddamn absurd that they shouldn't even be puzzles, which I can deal with

but all of them combined, it's just

not great, to be honest

I prefer martian gothic in terms of weird space ghost horror because at least I don't have a heart attack if a guy with a can of sardines tries to tickle me
>>
>>3867531
>you move at the pace of a slug

I swear I keep hearing this all the time, and I swear every time I can't help but think people who say that are retards who didn't find the run button.
>>
>>3867598
>or overclock all psx king's fields/shadow tower/echo nights by default
They're slow, Mang.
>>
If I liked Resident Evil and Silent Hill, will I probably like these games? They look similar.
>>
>>3867806
Pretty different but there's no shortage of Resident Evil knockoff survival horror games on Playstation if that's what you wanna play.
>>
>>3867806
Depends what you like about RE/SH and how open you are.

Echo Night and Resident Evil are at the opposite ends of the same scope.

Resident Evil is action/adventure with a horror theme, but 'action' is what prevails.

Echo Night is action/adventure with a horror theme, but 'adventure' is what prevails.
>>
>>3868694
I second this assessment and am currently enjoying Echo Night 1.
>>
>>3867598
I assure you, I've found both running buttons

it doesn't help that, even when running, you're still slow as shit

REmake felt faster than echo night beyond, and running in REmake was slow as hell
>>
>>3869536
I was frustrated by the pace of movement in EN2 at times, but only when I'd cleared an area of threats and was backtracking for something.
I've played worse, though. King's Field II was torturous at times, but maybe it's b/c we all have ADHD now. Maybe in 99 it would've been no big deal.
>>
>>3866982
not him but I have it and never actually played it

there was a period in which you could easily find it for 5 euros at gamestop, kinda like fatal frame 3 or rule of rose
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.