[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that would be perfect and literally the best game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: ff6istooeasytoo.jpg (121KB, 1065x750px) Image search: [Google]
ff6istooeasytoo.jpg
121KB, 1065x750px
ITT: Games that would be perfect and literally the best game ever created if only they were difficult and had a deeper story
>>
File: alucard.jpg (33KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
alucard.jpg
33KB, 450x300px
>>
You guys really need to stop over-hyping Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>3865694
the first post says that the game isn't so good
>>
>>3865668
How does beng difficult make the game better than it is?
>>
>>3865718
In general, because difficult transmit a sensation of effort and danger more genuine.

for example, Chrono Trigger is a game that puts you in being the hero on several occasions, and it doesn't make sense that you can effortlessly kill an army of skeletons that is supposed to be killing all the troops from Guardia Castle, how you can feel that you are in a War it is to easy win ? Time travel is a danger stuff dude
>>
>>3865668
literally any game could be the best game if it had deep enough story
>>
File: 00004.png (103KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
00004.png
103KB, 640x480px
>>3865813
Are you sure?
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 181x269px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 181x269px
>>3865813
>>
I only played CT on ps1. So I don't know how it is on cart, but if battles and shit woulda loaded faster on ps1then it'd have been perfect
>>
I seem to be one of the few who thought Chrono Trigger was incredibly overrated. I didn't know about the game back in the day, but I did finish the PS1 re-release. I didn't find anything likeable about the cast or the setting. I did compel myself to unlock a few additional endings, but it was too difficult to sustain enough interest to go for 100% completion. I eventually sold my copy and moved on.

>>3865718
>How does beng difficult make the game better than it is?

Is this a joke? It's not very rewarding to complete a game that involves little to no challenge. That would be like winning at the Special Olympics when you don't even have a disability that qualifies you to compete. Are you really going to feel a sense of accomplishment for that?
>>
File: bear.jpg (155KB, 1024x956px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
155KB, 1024x956px
>ITT: Games that would be perfect if only they were completely different games
>>
>>3865668

I can understand wanting some more challenge out of the games but deeper? That's a bit of a vague term honestly. A story doesn't have to be DEEP to be good, it just needs to be told well.

Asking for more depth for the sake of depth is frankly such a freshman attitude.
>>
>>3865851
Cart = no transition time between battles.
DS is the best version, possibly.
It has all the cutscenes from PS1, and some extra post-game content without the PS1 loadtimes.
>>
I think Chrono Trigger had a deep enough story that was in a sweet spot, but I'm sure everyone who played the snes/psx versions would agree it was on the east side.

That being said, I'd rather pick a game that leaned on "too easy" rather than "too hard". I feel like FF4 DS release is where they just cranked everything up for the sake of it while also giving very low exp/Gil rewards, forcing lots of grinding. While it was a very fun remake of the original and I enjoyed playing it through, I feel it has less replay value to me compared to the snes version
>>
>>3865718
>because spam single techs: win
Double and triple techs sucked and should have been better, and healing abilities were broken as fuck too. You didn't even need tonics with Robo's heal.
>>
>>3865668
i dunno man.

lavos went pretty deep.
>>
I would like it if every rpg had new game plus.
>>
>>3865668
If I wanted difficult I'd join the Physics Olympiad. Which I've been in a couple of times.
>>
>>3865752
I never felt Chrono Trigger was so easy that it was detrimental to the experience. It's possible you just expect too much from video games in general
>>
>>3865824
what about mindscape?
>>
>>3865694
That one guy on /vr/ in every thread that Chrono had sex with his mom
>>
>>3865718
If a game is so easy you never fear losing, you might as well not even play. Its just letting you bumrush your way through with no consequence and you know you can't lose.
>>
>>3866505
It isn't. Lavos can wipe the floor with you if you play poorly.

Now FF6 and FF7 on the other hand...
>>
>>3865752
Storywise, by second time you get to 600 AD you ought to be substantially stronger than the knights. Your party is made of magic users with weapons and armor from 1400 years in the future (presuming no tech advancement after Day of Lavos) and a similarly advanced robot that shoots lasers. Realistically it ought to have been even more of a curbstomp. Magus was basically phoning it in while he tried to summon Lavos and sending out low level summons as that was all that was necessary.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.