[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power Rangers SNES 1994

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: Powerrangers.jpg (103KB, 471x568px) Image search: [Google]
Powerrangers.jpg
103KB, 471x568px
Since Twitch is currently streaming all seasons of Power Rangers and my personal favourites (S1 & S2) just went by, I was wondering what everyone thought about this game?

>Amazing soundtrack
>Great hit detection
>Beautiful sprites
>Very fun and kept the spirit of the TV-Show
But:
>Too easy
>Too short
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>3864039
>>Beautiful sprites
>literal palette swaps for all the Rangers, including the girls
Nope, the only 16-bit MMPR games worth a damn were the fighting games (the one with the Rangers, monsters and Zyuranger mecha for Sega, and Tournament Fighters for the SNES).
>>
Best MMPR game coming through
>>
>>3864039
>Amazing soundtrack.
Indeed. Dat fucking boss theme.

>Great hit detection
Compared to other beat 'em ups, yeah. Don't see what's to write home about other than meeting a baseline standard.

>Beautiful sprites
This is where I disagree. All of them were palette swaps of the Red Ranger, including the female characters. The boss sprites were pretty good, though.

>Very fun and kept the spirit of the TV Show
Indeed. The entire premise works well as a beat 'em up.

>Too easy
That's a given considering this game was marketed to kids between 5 - 7 years old.

>Too short
See above.
>>
>>3864039
>tfw you used to be able to have 3 white power rangers without being racist
>>
>>3864039

The Power Rangers Beat'em Up based on the movie was awesome.
>>
I prefer Power Rangers: The Movie on SNES but this game is pretty good too. I never played the fighting games, though.
>>
>>3864142
You're point about the sprites. I agree with that, that was a huge disappointment when I played as the Pink Ranger.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (28KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault[1].jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Good taste OP. The soundtrack is so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcKCNRfU5hA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzdKZf8idXI

The fighting game was pretty great too. At least when I was a kid it was.
>>
File: RNqSSCs.jpg (160KB, 1517x1751px)
RNqSSCs.jpg
160KB, 1517x1751px
>>3864163
How times have changed
>>
>>3864204
Thanks.
Never played the fighting game. Might give it a try one day.
>>
No one mentioned the Genesis movie beat 'em up? It was great because it went back to the TV show, showing when the Season 2 jackoffs traded off for the Season 1 ones, and Tommy becoming the White Ranger. You fight putties and Goldar and if you find a secret you fight a gigantic Lord Zedd hand in a big Tron grid. Then you fight Ooze's monsters and shit. It's great. Only complaint is it pretty much entirely skips over the ninja portion of the movie, but that would have meant another set of sprites for the Rangers (even though you could have gotten away with one since the women didn't really have tits in those goofy robes), but I wanted to fight a giant triceratops skeleton.
>>
>>3864769
i agree anon
>>
I feel like the soundtrack for this game is highly underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUyg_p4pPhE
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.