[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Descent 1 and 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1807.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1807.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
I remember playing Descent 2 on PC back in the late 90's/early 2000's (whenever it came out) and almost puking from the 360 degree manipulation.
>>
File: fury31.jpg (66KB, 540x373px) Image search: [Google]
fury31.jpg
66KB, 540x373px
You also remember Terminal Velocity? What a great game this was back then...
>>
Trying out a flightstick in Descent was a fucking revelation and it's one of my favorite games to this day. Here's hoping Overload will be good as well.
>>
>>3863584

The Steam teaser trailer looks promising...
>>
I hated the fucking niggerbot in 2 that steals something from your ship every time it touches you
>>
playing descent and duke nukem online via 56k dial up lol.. the multiplayer was super fun with friends
>>
The new Descent game for VR looks good.
>>
I used to fly around and shoot everything with flares.

>>3863584
My dad bought a really expensive one, and that made the game golden.

>>3863630
I had completely forgotten about that!

>>3863709
Yup, all of those lost connections.
>>
>>3863583

Fuck YEAH TERMINAL VELOCITY!

That Terminal Reality (I think?) hidden planet was cool as fuck.
>>
Descent remains a nauseating experience for me. Have you played Descent to Undermountain? Weird.
>>
>>3863584
How exactly do you control it with a flight stick? Do you have one hand on KB while other is on a stick, or what?
>>
>>3864107
That, or use a joystick with enough inputs to control throttle and shit.
>>
>>3864113
Well, you have to be able to Thrust forward and backwards, as well as go left right, up and down, all the while Flight Stick is used for looking and firing. I've seen joysticks with mini thumb-joysticks on top of the main stick that has enough degrees of control, but that must be extremely awkward to use, and I also migh completely misunderstand its purpose since Ive never used flightstick before.

Really would like to seee someone playing Descent on Stick alone (while also seeing their hands) to get an idea of how exactly does that work.
>>
>>3864117
Many flightsticks have a throttle that you can hold and control with your other hand. Look up "HOTAS" (Hands On Throttle And Stick) ones. Even cheap flightsticks often have small little throttles in the base that you can adjust with thumb and forefinger, sometimes with extra keys down there too.
>>
>>3864143
The throttle stick I saw in the shops only goes forward and backward. What about lefft/right/up/down directions?
>>
>>3864149
Most HOTAS have something called a hat on the joystick and/or throttle. It's a little analog stick for your thumb. Works perfect for "sliding"
>>
>>3863573
U guys like forsaken
>>
>>3864107
I used the keyboard for forwards/backwards movement and weapon switching, flightstick for everything else (banking was mapped to the handle twist and sliding to the POV hat)
>>
>>3863583
Yes, but that pic is Fury 3.
>>
>tfw the reactor initiates self-destruct and the exit is on the other side of the map
>>
File: ps1_descent-120314.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ps1_descent-120314.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
I remember the PS1 port being better than the PC version (at the time), but of course now the D1X source port added the PS1 port's bells and whistles.
>>
>>3864764
even better than the glide version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4l_2Bqbi9Q
>>
>>3864338
>be me
>like 23
>finally got really good at forsaken
>just picked it up one day and "got it"
>real into nootropics at the time and having a blast
>one day try to play the game after one beer and some dank weed
>it's too hard
>I can't coordinate properly
>start to feel nauseous
>have a bad trip
>start to reconsider my life
>only drink and do drugs responsibly now
AND I NEVER GOT BACK INTO IT
>>
>>3863750
>Yup, all of those lost connections.
I played Duke3D with 33.6K, not many lost connections at all but definitely desyncs happening.
>>
>>3863573
>and almost puking from the 360 degree manipulation.
I feel that, Descent and Quake fucked me up when I was younger. Funny how far I've come since then, nowadays I can play games like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xqtLnAdrUw at 120FPS right after eating lunch.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.