[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of consolized Neo Geo Arcade boards? Dumb idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

What does /vr/ think of consolized Neo Geo Arcade boards? Dumb idea?
>>
A supergun is far more versatile and generally cheaper.
>>
File: 1474581977026.jpg (152KB, 1080x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1474581977026.jpg
152KB, 1080x1065px
>>3863136
fpbp
There's also the flashcart that's in the works, so no more having to worry about shoddy bootleg carts or dealing with NeoGeo.com community-levels of autism
>>
>>3863120
I' d just get a neogeo home and either mvs to aes apapter, or an aes flashcart.
>>
I'm planning to go the opposite way with it
>>
>>3863120
Nothing wrong I think.
Built one for myself with MV-1FZ board. Did audio amp and 5V mods, purchased 138-in-1 cartridge from aliexpress and fixed various issues with it. Works great.
>>3863136
Going consolized board route allows you to put everything into one nice box instead of having separat supergun box and connecting PCBs to it.
I'd build a supergun, but there are no arcade boards that are interesting to me and as cheap and versatile as MVS boards are.
>>
>>3863178
Super Gun is way more cost effective and versatile.

Consolized MVS is a fucking meme bro.

>no cheap arcade boards that are interesting to me
You're getting into the wrong hobby friend. Arcade collecting is an uphill battle.
>>
>>3863721
>You're getting into the wrong hobby friend.
Probably. Arcade PCB collections look so good though.
If there was cost-effective way to get multigame CPS2 cartridge, I'd build a supergun to use it both with MVS and CPS2.
So it's like a supergun, but for the only system/game I can afford, and enjoy using it.
>>
>>3863120
when will krizz make a flashbrick for it?
>>
>>3863742
There are Pandora's boxes and shit.

You also can get a CPS2 multi-cart.
>>
>>3863756
Why would he? There's one out now and another coming "soon."

>>3863770
Pandora's box is just a shitty pc running an emulator. Might as well set up a raspberry pi with pi2jamma.
>>
>>3863776
sounds like a perfect solution to a guy whos too cheap to get arcade boards, and too stupid to see the benefits of a super gun vs. a consolized mvs.
>>
>>3863120
Are you retarded? Do you have any idea the price difference between AES and MVS shit?

>>3863136
Meh. I'd rather pay the extra $50 for something that doesn't look like complete shit. Not convinced a device that requires you to buy $100 memory cards to save your games is actually "far more versatile"

>>3863169
I put my AES, and just about everything else in arcade cabs back in the day. Not SNK cabs just whatever random shit I could find for $25 and fix up.
>>
>>3863859
>a device that requires you to buy $100 memory cards to save your games
What do you think a supergun is?
>>
>>3863770
>You also can get a CPS2 multi-cart.
Isn't it like $300? And people complain about Everdrive pricing.
>>3863795
>and too stupid to see the benefits of a super gun vs. a consolized mvs
Actually, maybe I'm missing something. If I understand JAMMA correctly, I can disconnect JAMMA harness from my MVS board (disconnect it with controller ports, power and RGB output), connect it to another arcade board, if I ever get one, and it would work just fine.
Is it a ghetto supergun?
>>
>>3863859
>I put my AES, and just about everything else in arcade cabs back in the day.
Back in the day buying an arcade machine with a bad PCB was a good way to get a cheap RGB monitor
>>
>>3863157
>dealing with Neo-Geo.com community-levels of autism

I fucking hate that place.
Tried to put up with them for over 2 years, gave huge deals to the members, and one of the mods banned me because I called him out on doing something illegal.
>>
>>3863872
Not a VMC. kek

>>3863895
Even a brand new 21" arcade monitor with chassis and isolation transformer cost less than I paid for my 14" 1080. So stuffed my old A1000 in a cab as well.
>>
>>3863913

For a good laugh, look up details on former member Waseem Daker, aka bibliophile. There's a TV special about him. 20/20, I think. Dunno if he actually did it since one of the main witnesses is apparently an unstable former lover.
>>
>>3864001

Pic related, a photograph of a frame from my favorite anime opening.
>>
>>3864001
Oh, I know about Waseem.
He likely didn't do it, but he's not that innocent either. Dude was a legit creepy stalker, and went to prison for it.

Didn't murder that one bitch though.
>>
>>3864001
>>3864021
Oh, and Neo-Geo.com is filled with some absolute scum.

I don't know what it is about that site, but it draws some horrible people to it.

One long-time member is a legit crack head.
One of the mods is a fucking immigration lawyer who wants to "fill white countries with muslims".
>>
>>3864041

I guess that is what comes with something being a niche (NeoGeo in particular) within a niche (arcade games/limited market home games) within a niche (expensive old game collecting/fandom). I was never really a member, can't remember if I ever meaningfully posted - if I even posted at all. At least NeoTurfMasta released some prototype stuff.
>>
>>3863894
>Actually, maybe I'm missing something. If I understand JAMMA correctly, I can disconnect JAMMA harness from my MVS board (disconnect it with controller ports, power and RGB output), connect it to another arcade board, if I ever get one, and it would work just fine.
>Is it a ghetto supergun?
Esentially yes, a supergun it's basically:

1º-power supply.

2º-something to convert the rgb signals to hdmi/vga if you don't have a proper rgb monitor.

3º A jamma connector to connect the controls, video and audio output connectors and the coin buttons.

That's it, your idea should work fine.
>>
>>3864041

Name names. Which members?
>>
>>3863120

it's kind of cool but still pretty expensive.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.