[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Afternoon Collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: 1489596438601.jpg (282KB, 1125x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489596438601.jpg
282KB, 1125x900px
habbening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4sSjd9UYpM [Embed]

http://www.capcom-unity.com/official_capcom_blog/blog/2017/03/15/90s-kids-rejoice-the-disney-afternoon-collection-revisits-ducktales-rescue-rangers-and-more-retro-classics-on-april-18
>>
>>3861990
>paying for nes roms
when will hipsters learn
>>
>kids rejoice
Funny word for 30 year old manchildren
>>
>>3861990
I was hoping they would do some actual remakes like with that Wayforward version of Ducktales. Ah well, at least it's got some bonus stuff ...
>>
>built in "i'm shit" feature
>>
>NES game compilation
>not going to be available on Switch
kek
>>
>Paying for roms

Fuck outta here. Was really hoping it would be remakes ala DuckTales Remastered from a few years ago, there's loads of Disney Capcom games that could benefit from the same treatment. I legitimately don't see how companies make money from this anymore, literal retards can set up a Raspberry Pi or download an emulator, it's not some industry secret.
>>
>>3862013
but anon if it's too hard the babies will tell shitpost all over social media that its too hard and nobody will buy it. So they basically put savestates in and made it even MORE like emulation.
>>
already have all these games on my NES classic
>>
>>3862024
>2D platformers on a device with no proper d-pad
Yeah i wonder why they didn't do it
>>
File: 1410746532160.jpg (45KB, 334x248px) Image search: [Google]
1410746532160.jpg
45KB, 334x248px
>>3861990
>Rewind and fast forward feature

I guess kids need it nowadays...
>>
>>3862076
>>3862024

That and the insane input lag it's got.
>>
>>3862094
do you think normies care about input lag? Nostalgia fags will enjoy the game while the rest of us will play on emulators.
>>
>>3862056
this
>>
File: 584972_front.jpg (373KB, 640x798px) Image search: [Google]
584972_front.jpg
373KB, 640x798px
>>3861990
>paying for overpriced NES roms

When will gamers learn?
>>
>>3861990

Only Ducktales was any good
>>
>>3862231
Are you being for serious right now?
>>
>>3861990
What i wanna know is why Capcom isn't mentioned in the trailer?
>>
>>3862231
>on HD
Are you a retard?
>>
>>3862231
Multilevel bait. Impressive try anon
>>
>>3862179
I can understand if there's enough bonus content and remixed modes included to justify it in someone's eyes. Just the trophy/achievements are enough for some. I'm surprised when anyone who frequents this board gets excited about these compilations. Maybe it's the validation from publishers that some of these are so timeless that it's not just someone's own nostalgia proping them up
>>
>>3862238

Video was posted by Capcom NA's YouTube channel.

Though it is strange how the only presence of Capcom in the video itself is on the classic box arts.

Wonder just how many hoops they had to jump through to license all these properties again.
>>
>>3862420
>Wonder just how many hoops they had to jump through to license all these properties again.
Probably not many.
Ducktales Remastered is still in stores while Sega's Castle of Illusion got removed
Also, Capcom is making Marvel vs Capcom again

Capcom must be on Disney's good side right now
>>
>>3862441
>>3862420
>>3861990
Is it OK if i say, that i don't really think this is THAT BAD of an idea?, welp, think about it, this is the closest will ever have to have GOOD LICENSED titles being released on digital service, not to mention, 2 of these titles are legit rare, and expensive as hell already.

What i don't like is that there's no Switch release, but maybe we will get it in the future.

And don't misunderstand me, i didn't defend or liked the crappy Megaman Collection that was just a lazy front end emulator with roms and with a lesser package than an already flawed compilation from the early 2000s, an a shameless attempt at taunting the fans once again ala "Darkstalkers is NOT DED, REALLY GAIS"

But, well, i don't really see this as completely bad, aside from the fact that Talespin and Rescue Rangers were bad, also no Little Mermaid or Disney's Adventure's in the Magic Kingdom, but at least the extra material like the production art is something new that is actually not available in the art books like the megaman production art in the collection.

Tough granted the "time attack" and "boss rushes" features, look lame, like, not actually generated form the game's engine, but more like a flash app from a streaming site.
>>
>>3862701
>>3862420
Oh shit, but i forgot, WHY they only aimed at the NES titles, and WHY only limiting to 6 games again?, where's Bonkers, Goof Troop & Aladdin? (movie based but there was a cartoon!)

What about, there i say, THE MAGICAL QUEST TRILOGY?
>>
>>3862701
you know that the same guys who did the Megaman Collection did this, right?

Sad!
>>
>Disney's gummi bears is the GOAT cartoon and would translate perfectly to vidya with its powerups, recurring enemies, magic, locations
>doesn't get a Capcom NES platformer
History was cruel.
>>
>>3862932
>>3862932
but.. anon... it.. did....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocbNoUTI7nc
>>
>rewind

i'm done
>>
>>3862932
right here but it now
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GUMMI-BEARS-Frog-Dude-New-Russian-game-for-Sega-Genesis-Mega-Drive-Rare-/222094919781
>>
>>3862936
does it have an edgy ending like felix the cat does
>>
>>3862936
It looks like Alex Kidd got a retarded purple cousin with jump controls right out of Cheetamen.
>>
Watch as it'll be just as bad the MegaMan collection and the bossrush will be savestates.

However...
>>3862056
"Paying for roms" like you say is the only way we have left to tell devs and publishers that there is still an audiance for this kind of games.

Mega Man 9/10 and Duck Tales Remastered wouldn't exist if nobody had "paid for the MM and DT roms" beforehand.
MM2 was one of the most sold on Wii's VC and thus MM9 was born, which in turn lead to an entire trend of retro games, a few of which are actually good.
>>
File: 1476357412043.png (40KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1476357412043.png
40KB, 184x184px
>Disney Afternoon Collection
>Yet another zero-effort retro compilation
>Only six goddamn games to boot
>No full-on HD remakes like DuckTales Remastered
The only feature that looks even remotely interesting is the museum part, i'll just wait for image rips though.
>>
>>3862441

Disney Interactive's been operating on a smaller scale lately and focusing on regaining or clarifying their rights on retro titles so it would not be surprising if this was a pitch from Capcom they liked since it hit their quota of seeing where their titles are at in the retro space and there is a Ducktales reboot coming soon.

>>3862712

SNES/MD area is probably a pain because they were licensing multiple games across multiple systems. Capcom had the SNES license and Sega had the Genesis license for most outside of the movie games (Which were Virgin Interactive though Sega Of America did a huge investment on Aladdin because Tom Kalinske said "That is our Holiday game" after he saw an early build). The reason they have the shitty DOS versions on GOG is because they ported and published them while the Genesis and SNES versions were the target platforms and handled by other publishers and developers.

A NES Collection is a good step one. Biut after that the rights all go to hell since they would have to do separate collections.
>>
File: 1473303145323.jpg (70KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1473303145323.jpg
70KB, 470x470px
>>3862712
>Oh shit, but i forgot, WHY they only aimed at the NES titles, and WHY only limiting to 6 games again?
Takes far less effort & time, if anything they'll probably hoard the 16-bit stuff for a separate collection.
>>3862701
>welp, think about it, this is the closest will ever have to have GOOD LICENSED titles being released on digital service, not to mention, 2 of these titles are legit rare, and expensive as hell already.
No, how about we get NEW licensed games that are actually good instead of having to pay for older ones we've owned & played many times already?
>>
>>3862420
As I understand it, this was pitched to Capcom BEFORE Megaman Legacy Collection, but was turned down because it'd be too pricy to do etc.

The success of Megaman, the emulation work already having been done, and Disney being more liberal with relicensing old stuff meant it made more sense to do.
>>
File: 46459600.jpg (45KB, 200x243px) Image search: [Google]
46459600.jpg
45KB, 200x243px
>>3862990

you really should take your stupid name off so your posts don't get filtered man sometimes you do post good shit
>>
I don't get why you guys are bitching about this compilation. It's not like they just throwing the six games on an emulator with a frontend. They will also be including plenty of extra content too.

>>3863051
>Capcom had the SNES license
Only for some of the games, like Bonkers, Goof Troop, Aladdin and Magical Quest trilogy. Beauty & The Beast was by Hudson Soft and from Lion King and onward Virgin handled all the Disney stuff.
>>
>>3861990
this looks sweet!!
>>
>>3862990

You're talking about examples from fucking years ago, dude. Developers have to change with the times, paying 10 bucks for something from the Virtual Console was nifty back in 2006 but no idiot is going to pay full price for the same shit in [current year]. Besides, listen to yourself, this is fucking Capcom we're talking about. They don't give a damn what you or any of us want.
>>
>>3861993
It says "90s kids rejoice," faget

>>3862056
The only time things like these were good/worth any money was for games like Simpsons Arcade or X-Men that were never officially ported to any console (sure, you can emulate it but that's not the point) and for online play. We had 6 people online to play X-Men when it came out and that was worth the $10 or whatever I paid for
>>
>>3862441
> tfw I never bought Castle of Illusion
>>
>>3862191
Talespin and Darkwing Duck were fun too.
>>
>>3864334
I bought it the moment I read about the discontinuation on 4gamer. It was part of a PSN Deal. I always regretted not doing the same with a bunch of digital only games I wanted like Afterburner Climax and that Scott Pilgrim game.
>>
>>3863207
No, he should keep his name, so I know the person with the stupid fucking opinions is always the same guy
>>
>>3864314
Tell me exactly what's so different between VC games from a few years ago and this collection?
Oh yeah, I know, they actually bother to add bonuses and it's cheaper.

> Besides, listen to yourself, this is fucking Capcom we're talking about. They don't give a damn what you or any of us want.

You mean the same Capcom who published MM9/10 and Duck Tales remastered ?
If they know there is money to be made, they'll do it. And these days, the only way for them to estimate if there is an audiance for this kind of things is to check sales of old games collections and retro games.

>>3863207
It work both ways. If someone is serious and stupid enough about 4chan to want to filter all names, then I don't want to waste my time with that person. They filter me, they won't talk to me.
>>
>>3864889
Pls stop namefagging. You dont gain anything from it. Name at least one good reason why people should be able to identify your internet persona
>>
>>3862260
>Maybe it's the validation from publishers that some of these are so timeless that it's not just someone's own nostalgia proping them up
I like your point of view.
>>
>>3861990
>mvc4
>now this

I wonder what happened to make Disney drop their whole FUCK VIDEOGAMES policy.
>>
>>3865030
lack of moneys
>>
>>3865018
I feel validated anon. Thank you
>>
>>3862990
Hm... You make an interesting point. I wonder if Byuu is collecting usage statistics right now about Higan to determine if there are any games it might profit him to buy the rights to.
>>
>>3864889

I'm starting to believe you have no concept of time. The Capcom that released those games is not the same company it is now. That's not some fandom bullshit, it's objective fact, they've let so many people go and completely changed their business practices. I thought you would have heard of this but I guess not.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.