[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

So these are on sale now Are they good ports? >in b4 steam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: chrome_2017-03-15_16-36-00.png (18KB, 368x298px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-15_16-36-00.png
18KB, 368x298px
So these are on sale now

Are they good ports?

>in b4 steam
>>
>XYZ: Enhanced Edition
>good ports
no.
nothing you can't do with mods.
>>
>>3861759
Enhanced edition IS a mod.
>>
>paying for old pc games

Just fucking pirate them, and I say this as a console collector fag.
>>
>giving money to Jewdive studios
just pirate it lmao
>>
>>3861870
Nightdive is great, fuck you

Better than paying for overpriced garbage on GoG that relies on DOSBOX
>>
System Shock: Enhanced Edition is good. Runs natively on modern OSs and has improved controls.
>>
>>3861580
Strife is Chocolate Strife. They admit it completely.
SS1 is a fan port.
SS2 is not a port.
>>
I don't get why people pay for system shock portable all of a sudden. It was available for free to everyone for like 10 years.

just pirate SSP.
>>
>>3861972
SSP relies on Dosbox and runs like shit
>>
System Shock bundle is more expensive than both games bought separately.

wew lad
>>
>>3861797
Meh. I'll pay a buck or two to have up to date versions that run on the latest version of windows with a one click install, saves backed up online, servers with players, streaming, etc.
But I say this as a console collector fag who bought his shit long again. So instead of giving a jewbay reseller $200 for a CIB SNES last year I got a bunch of Steam games and beer and pizza.
>>
>>3861987
>and runs like shit
Sure, if you have a shit computer. I didn't have any problems running SSP on my machine though.
>>
>>3864092
Even if you have a high end CPU you're going to get slowdowns if you run the game at 1024x768. The native port lets you use higher resolutions with less performance loss.
>>
>>3861884
It's an excellent fan port.
>>
>>3861797
Yeah, let's pirate excellent version of the game that is sold for 1,50€, that will show them! Retard.
>>
>>3861580
Strife is a modified version of the Chocolate Strife source port with some extra togglable bugfixes and visual niceties and some extra content (CTF mode for multi and a secret map).

System Shock Enhanced Edition is sort of like the old Portable Edition that was going around, but it runs natively in Windows instead of DOSbox and has some extra tweaks and such.

System Shock 2 has Le Corbeau's NewDark patch pre-installed.
>>
>>3861580
Didn't Nightdive say they were going to release the source code for SS1? What happen to that?
>>
>>3866381
They lied.

Now cough up those shekels for a non-physical copy of the game, goy.
>>
>>3861972
Because we're not a bunch of fucking thieves is why.
>>
>>3861797
You don't realize your own hypocresy, don't you
>>
>>3866381
Maybe when the reboot comes out.
It was a kickstarter stretch goal.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.