[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turok 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: turok.jpg (637KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
turok.jpg
637KB, 1920x1080px
I've used to play this on PC back when it was new but nowadays I have to say: Wtf is going on? Seriously I know it's aliens and dinosaurs and I am a native American and it's based on a comic but could someone please tell me what's going on because it's such a trip and a mindfuck. I can't make much sense of it.

This game seems really aggressive as well. Might be because its so fast. Also why is there no crosshair? This makes aiming amazingly hard and I am often guessing when there are guys on a platform above me throwing grenades (which I haven't figured out how to throw yet) every second. I guess in this situation I just have to pack track and find a third key or what do I have to do now?

Also what's with all those teleporters? This game is really...
>>
GOOD GAME DESIGN AM I RIGHT FELLAS?
>>
So Turok is a native American warrior who was sucked out of his universe and dumped into an alternate universe where there's superintelligent machines, aliens, and sentient dinosaurs among other wonders.

In this game you play as Tal'Set, the Turok most comic readers are familiar with. It turns out, Turok is an honorary position granted to gifted individuals who are tasked with saving the Savage Lands and universes at a time by mangling the bad guys and being smarter than everything else in existence.

In the games you shoot dudes. You're in the jungle because you are headed to kill the baddest dude in the land, The Campaigner. He's responsible for all the clumsy level design and lack of crosshairs, as well as the cyberdinos and bad guys, but not the monkeys or the frog men.

You'll get used to pissing away ammo, learn to love the knife and pistol. Shoot the frog guys with shotguns though it's really satisfying.
>>
>>3860801
PC remaster has crosshair. You have to turn it on in the settings though.
>>
>>3860801
>but could someone please tell me what's going on

All you need to know is that it's damn near everything a boy thought was cool in the 90s thrown together in one game and that's all what matters.
>>
>>3860801

Basically this.

>>3860898

Understand this was the 90's, people were still coming down off the 80's which meant DT's and withdrawals. Shit like this is the result - this is like Alice through the looking Glass fucked John Carter of Mars and had a baby passing through a Stargate on the Journey to the Center of the Earth,

It's basically a love letter to the crazy nonsense every kid surrounded in action figures had going on. X-Men fighting Jurassic park dinosaurs and GI Joe's.
>>
>>3860862

But I am playing the PC remaster and I can not find any crosshair under ANY of the settings. So where is it hiding?
>>
>>3861371
okay found it. I am in level 3 now. This game is insane. The way he takes corners. I get a bit motion sick.
>>
>game takes place in an alternate world, where time has little meaning.
>different things displaced from all over the flow of time converge in this alternate world, called the lost land.
>the protagonist is a late 1800s to early 1900s native american by the name of tal'set.
>The name turok is a title that means 'son of stone.' It's given to a hero who protects earth from otherworldly threats that reside in the lost land.
>The antagonist of turok 1 is a cyborg called the campaigner.
>he's assembling a cyborg army and a drestructive weapon called the Chronoscepter to invade earth and conquer it.
>tal'set fights against him and his forces.
>que main game
For the fact that turoks story is a really light aspect of the game, i actually really fucking dig the concept of it.
Being able to play as an 1800s native american, thats fights dinosaurs, in ancient temples, with a plasma canon.
>>
>>3861436
Install the turok + mod so that you can throw grenades instead of just using the grenade launcher
>>
>>3860801
graphics look poor
>>
>>3863979
Well it's an N64 game with huge levels so no shit they're not going to be the best looking even after they get ported to PC.
>>
>>3863979
just like all nintendo games
>>
>>3860801

there is a dude in /vr/ that has a Mega link with the comics

the campaigner only appears in one of them
>>
>>3863979
Game was released 21 years ago, the fuck do you expect dum dum.
>>
It's inspired by the Land of the Lost
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.