/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resident Evil 2/3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: resident-evil3.jpg (496KB, 787x976px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil3.jpg
496KB, 787x976px
I was just thinking, The underground lab detonates in RE2 but in RE3 you don't notice a thing in the second half as that's when the lab would have been destroyed, would't the city not become unstable and end up collapsing?
>>
>>3859683
>but in RE3 you don't notice a thing in the second half

jill slept through the whole thing after her fight with nemesis
>>
>>3859691
Yeah but the city should have collapsed let's be honest
>>
>>3859697
I hope you're aware you are searching for flawless logic in a survival-zombie-game.
>>
>>3859725
I guess but it's just the fact that it's an important part of the game and i feel Capcom sort of "ignored" it in RE3 as if it was nothing in RE2
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (3MB, 360x216px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
3MB, 360x216px
>>3859683
>>3859697
When has a city ever collapsed?
>>
>>3859683
The lab wasn't the hive from the movies. It wasn't directly under the city, and almost as big.

Right in the game, they say that it's under the umbrella chemical plant, at the outskirts of the city. You have to travel partially through the sewer, and then take a tram an unknown distance to get there from the RPD building. Which would be right in the middle of the city from what i can tell.so the lab could be milws from the police station for all we know.

Considdering RE3 goes in another directuon amd wnds at another umbrella facility, it's really no wonder you see no evidense of any blast.

And lastly, the lab was big, bit dedinately not city sized. Even in RE0, where we see more of it, at most it's the size of spencer estate. So collapsing an entire city just wouldn't happen.
>>
>>3859746
The underground explosion would have acted like a sinkhole, collapsing the city
>>
>>3859756

How big do you think the lab is? Anf why does an explosion in an underground complex immediately equate to collapse/sinkhole for you?
>>
>>3859751
>and then take a tram an unknown distance to get there from the RPD building
No the tram only went vertically, it didn't need to move forward or backwards to reach the lab so it was directly underneath it
>>
>>3859759
It was a self destruct sequence it's going to absolutely annihilate the whole lab which was massive so it's going to affect the surface tremendously
>>
>>3859762
that's a different thing.
you go into the chief's sex dungeon, then you go onto a gondola that goes horizontal, then you get to the thing that goes down
>>
>>3859762
Tram, not elevator. You know, that thing after the sewers that took you to the factory.
>>
>>3859770
Shit i forgot about that, but even then it's not a massive distance
>>
File: BH_2_PART2_144.jpg (50KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
BH_2_PART2_144.jpg
50KB, 320x240px
>>3859770
>>
>>3859746
So cute, putting in the reverse.
>>
>>3859775
You see it travel 10 feet, fade to black, during which, hours could potentially pass if that's what the devs wanted, then it fades back in and docks.

They even say that you take ir to the OUTSKIRTS OF THE CITY. In lamens terms, near the city line. FAR FROM WHERE IT WOULD NEED TO BE TO DO MAJOR DAMAGE.
>>
>>3859756
>>3859768
How many megatons do you think the nuke they used was?
>>
>>3859798
Fuck if i know specifically but think about it, it needs to be powerful enough to destroy the entire lab and make sure virus & biological matter was 100% completely wiped
>>
>>3859810
Temperature required to kill viruses: 350 degrees kelvin
Temperature of a thermonuclear detonation: 10,000,000 degrees kelvin
>>
>>3859936
>degrees kelvin
>degrees
>kelvin

why don't you get bitten by an infected dog.
>>
>>3859984
>kelvin
>not kelvins
Guess we're both going to be in trouble when this scientific article we're authoring here undergoes review by our french peers
>>
>>3859746
Where is this from?
>>
>>3863437
i think that's when china exploded
>>
>>3859683
grr what a bad monster thing
>>
>>3859751
I dunno, the section in RE2 had that fuckhuge underground cave with waterfalls n shit, didn't it?

anyway, the answer is that the lab was a bit out of the way of the city probably

>>3859798
it was probably just a ton of explosives set around the lab in case it needs to be gone

now if we're talking about the nuke that took out raccoon, that's a mystery

in 3 it's a nuke, in outbreak it's several thermobaric warheads, and in outbreak file 2 it's a fuckton of missiles

though file 2 does show a bunch of craters so I guess they just unloaded on it with all 3
>>
>>3865387
The caves and shit are from remake.

RE2 goes from streets, to police station, to sewers, tram ride of unknown length, umbrella factory, long ass elevator ride, secret lab. No caves or waterfalls to speak of.

Trust me, i've beaten the game many MANY times, and i've beaten it recently.

Not to be a jerk, but autism about this game simply doesn't get any worse than mine. I have all dialogue, item and ammo locations, puzzle solutions, locarions, music and everything else about it memorized.
Ive beaten this game more times than every other game i've ever played combined. And i got it on release week in 1998.

So to anyone still thinking that the lab exploding should have shown damage during RE3, you're wrong.

The lab was too small to substantially damage the city, RE3 took plaace in a different section of town after the lab exploded. So no damage should have been seen. From the clock tower on in RE3 would have been across town from where the lab was located. So even if it started fires and made a sinkhole a block or two in size, you wouldn't have seen it from there.
Lastly, i know rhis because of dialogue and files in RE2 and 3.
The lab was on the outskirts of town and didn't do all that much damage.

/thread.
>>
File: tianjin.gif (1MB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
tianjin.gif
1MB, 360x480px
>>3863437
Tianjin. Quite a fucking thing.
>>
>>3865387
Sorry about my fanboy freak out, lol.

Anyway, the thing i've noted about plot details in this series over the years is that only events in main series entries become perminently cannonised.

So for example, neither wesker's report mean ass, and have been retconned in games. Like how wesker says he has sherry, but then she is later said to ha e been in government custody in two games.
Same with side games. Like in dead aim, it's 2003 and umbrella is still active, but in RE4 it's said that they got taken down almost immediately.
Or how the chronicles games show alternate events from the main games.

So anything shown in the outbreak games should be taken very lightly. Especially considdering that they go against each other's so called plot points

Basically, if it didn't happen in RE1-7, CV/X, Revelations 1 or 2 or RE0, then it didn't happen and should only be taken seriously if refferenced in a main game.

So, according to RE3 and RE6, it was a nuke. So it was a nuke.
>>
>>3865420
shit, I typed RE2 and not RE0

but there was a fuckhuge cave with a waterfall in RE0

>>3865436
the way canon in RE is treated is weird because capcom pretty much says that, "if we didn't say it's not canon, it's canon as far as you know."

for instance, alyssa ashcroft from outbreak had an article in RE7

and every scenario featured in the chronicles games that you didn't personally witness in the games is canon, ie krauser and leon in south america, rebecca and richard in the mansion, HUNK's journey through the RPD, the fight in the umbrella base in russia, etc
>>
>>3859683
>>3859691
>>3859697
>>3859725
>>3859742
>>3859746
>>3859756
You guys are all idiots.

>>3859751
This guy gets it.
>>
>>3859683
The lab is pretty far out of the city. No one realizes this because the gondola ride takes like 15 seconds unless you're fighting something.
>>
>>3865636
Canon is basically determined by how much things reference each other and how many contradictions creep up. RE Survivor gets a mention in the intro to 0 for example, even though otherwise that game is almost entirely self contained as to its impact. The only thing that really sits as non-canon to me is Gaiden's twist ending.
>>
>>3865691
Is this an AI botpost?
>>
What's the best version of RE2 to play?
>>
>>3867170
dual shock maybe, i know there's a thread talking about a version that might be worth looking into though.
>>
>>3867170
Dreamcast or PC.
>>
so i got bored and started a rookie run.
the opening part of the game is so atmospheric, but it's hard to pay attention when you are focused on running past everything.
strolling through the streets and taking in everything actually made it feel pretty comfy for what is technically hell on earth.
>>
>>3867293
>>3867285
that's odd, how did they fuck up the gamecube version?
>>
>>3867296
They didn't fuck it up exactly, it's a straight port of the PS1 Dual-shock version with slightly better graphics but missing the extra content from the Dreamcast and PC ports.
>>
>>3867170
do you want bad backgrounds, low quality cutscenes, low quality audio, but an option for a more modern control setup and a little bit of lore addition? N64

do you want a version with skippable cutscenes? PC
do you want a version with skippable cutscenes that works more with modern OSs? the second, nip-only PC version

do you want a watered down PC version that's more expensive than the PC version? saturn

do you want a slightly less expensive-than-dreamcast but more of a shinier PS1 port? gamecube

I personally recommend the game.com version
>>
>>3867518
>do you want a watered down PC version that's more expensive than the PC version? saturn
>>
>>3867529
whoops, meant to type dreamcast

happens every time I type one of these, I always fuck up and forget something or type something else
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.