/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow did this age poorly or what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: spyro.png (386KB, 719x344px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.png
386KB, 719x344px
Wow did this age poorly or what?
>>
>>3859357
>"Gateway to Glimmer"
>not "Ripto's Rage"

Europoor detected
>>
>>3859379
australian brah. replaying it it feels void of anything to do now days. oh just run around and have non engaging fights. man i can tell why crash is way better.
>>
>>3859453
>oh just run around and have non engaging fights. man i can tell why crash is way better.

Spyro is a collect-a-thon, though. There's plenty to do if you're actually aiming for 100% completion.

>Find all gems
>Find all jewels
>Get all secret skill points
>Unlock post-game content
>>
>>3859453
How does crash have more engaging fights than spyro?
>>
>>3859458
post game content was just smashing money bags and doing all those ice levels wasnt it? that was the most fun in the game though.

>>3859459
the speed of them i guess. plus theyre more memorable. The first spyro "boss" kills himself and the last was pretty short, even as a kid it took me only 2 tries.
>>
>>3859357
Very poorly
>>
>>3859357

>Gateway to glimmer

Wait, really? That's the name of it in Australia?

It sounds like an invitation to a gay sex party.
>>
>>3861372
it sounds like a my little pony game, and i think they were trying to interest 3 year olds in playing it
>>
>>3859458
>Unlock post-game content
Congrats on beating a hundred unfun minigames have a handful of more minigames.
>>
>>3859453
>hallway simulator, the game
>better than Spyro

No. Just no. Spyro had way more variety and exploration in it's levels, awesome soundtracks, and I grew up with both Spyro and Crash, so I'm speaking from experience. If anything, Crash aged poorly and Spyro still holds up. Collectathons are fun, but that Temple Run shit just sucks.
>>
>>3861603
I like you.
I wanted to say something like this, but I've only played Crash 2 so I couldn't say it with confidence.
>>
>>3861439

Smfh. Why would they do this

That's worse than what Japan did with crash
>>
>>3861603
>hallway simulator
>that's somehow a bad thing
It translates old school platforming better to 3D. Collectathons are fun but their own thing.
>>
This looks pretty cool and it might lead to custom levels
https://youtu.be/xi-6TCptTOo?t=1m13s
>>
>>3859357
I really hate how they changed Spyro's animations going from 1 to 2/3, they remove a large amount of the charm and childlike playfulness they had going
>>
>>3862762
I thought maybe he grew up between games.

What did they remove? Just his bouncy walk?
>>
>>3862773
They gave him a really awkward and inorganic walking and running cycle, as well as an inferior gliding animation coupled with a shitty low camera angle. Really all of the animations used for Spyro 2 and 3 characters come across as being lazy and/or hastily put together, which may actually be the case given how short the production cycle for the sequel games were.
>>
Although I don't hate Spyro, I've always found it lacking. The characters and areas aren't very vibrant or memorable. Going around killing enemies just feels tedious and inevitable rather than challenging. The platforming isn't terribly fun because it's based around gliding, which doesn't make you feel like you're in control of a character so much as a paper airplane.

I even liked Croc better, and that was like the Bubsy of its time.
>>
>>3859357

Say what you will, getting freaking Stewart Copeland to do the soundtracks to these games was a great idea, and Spyro 2 probably has the best soundtrack of them all.
>>
>>3859357
>minigames shit
>locked by NPCs
>fetchquests
>linear level design

Welcome to Glimmer.
>>
>>3862847
You play the first Spyro to have a comfy, relaxing time.
>>
>>3862790
>>3862773
He had a little trotting animation when walking up slopes that was different from his standard walk, but they removed this in 2 and 3.
>>
>>3862847
croc was not the bubsy of it's time, cmon

and Croc 2 was fucking AMAZING. And super challenging.
>>
>>3863723
also I forgot to mention, cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj-_M6kA2ms

and now that I watch this holy shit it had great music too
>>
>>3859379
>Europoor detected
There both the exact same game so what are getting at?
>>
>>3863960
I just like the word Europoor; its so absurdly insulting XD

btw, people who didnt come from rich famalies just bought those cheap pirated copies in bulk that came in plastic bags.

Poor people probably ended up playing more games during the ps1 and ps2 era. All you had to do was take your playstation to the shop to get modded, and that was super cheap too.
>>
>>3863723
Croc 2 blew for the fact that every time you played a level you needed to get a perfect run to 100% it. In games like Spyro when you collected gems or orbs, they at least stayed if you died or exited the level. You didn't need to completely retread the level if you missed something.

I tried to give Croc 2 a try but this made the game too much of a chore for me.
>>
>>3864050
>Croc 2 blew for the fact that every time you played a level you needed to get a perfect run to 100%

you're describing something that I LIKE, homie

all you gotta do with crock is lot those animations and sounds and music and colours sink in.. know you're gonna fail, but you don't care, because its croc 2. You'll do the best you can, but you're still happy..

..I love you.
>>
>>3862847
>I even liked Croc better, and that was like the Bubsy of its time.

First of all, fuck you. Second, it came out in '97, Bubsy was the Bubsy of its time.
>>
>>3859357
It's a degenerate game that helped create furfags, kill everyone who likes this filth. Same with crash bandicoot.
>>
File: Bianca-1.jpg (41KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bianca-1.jpg
41KB, 450x300px
>>3864220
wew lad
wrong game
>>
>>3859357

>Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNnftq744I
>>
File: 1489523678655.gif (1MB, 379x311px) Image search: [Google]
1489523678655.gif
1MB, 379x311px
sleepy.
>>
>>3859357
Ripto's Rage had the fly-through levels that were liteeral "collect everything" in 2 minutes. Took me ages to complete 100% due to those.
>>
File: 1489160684737.gif (538KB, 519x608px) Image search: [Google]
1489160684737.gif
538KB, 519x608px
>>
>>3867450
All the games had those though.
>>
>>3859357
Because of the weak 1995 hardware by the playstation, the 2mb of ram total the system has and the fact that did it not come with the analog controllers (it has to work with digital).
>>
>>3863723
I wouldn't call it the Bubsy of its time but even as a kid I found both Croc 1 and 2 to be pretty shit, especially compared to Spyro. It has a really boring art direction, empty levels and the sound effects and music are weak as fuck.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.