[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picked this game up the other week, what am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 30-another-world-copertina.jpg (68KB, 485x622px) Image search: [Google]
30-another-world-copertina.jpg
68KB, 485x622px
Picked this game up the other week, what am I in for?
>>
Trial and error.
>>
>>3858219
you gon die... a lot...
>>
>>3858225
So I should... prepare to die?
>>
Different anon than op, but is the 3DS version an acceptable way to play it? I've been curious about this game too.
>>
Dying alot
You can make the game unsolvable but don't let that deter you
>>
>>3858231
That's the 20th anniversary edition, right? Personally I'm not a fan with the way they remade the graphics. If that doesn't bother you then go ahead. Otherwise get the Sega CD version. It's bundled together with its sequel, Heart of the Alien, which frankly sucks, but the first game has a great presentation and music.
>>
>>3858231
Just get the Amiga version, it's still the best.
>>
File: graphics-comparison.jpg (49KB, 640x802px) Image search: [Google]
graphics-comparison.jpg
49KB, 640x802px
>>3858241
You can switch between original and highres graphics.
>>
>>3858219
Frustrating but aesthetically and conceptually satisfying.
>>
For the love of pong Mike, we know you just made a video of this game no need to push it any more
>>
>>3858501
Who is Mike?
>>
File: goodgamingadvice.jpg (46KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
goodgamingadvice.jpg
46KB, 500x341px
>>3858219
>>3858225
http://www.sa-gccx.com/episode/out-of-this-world
spoilers ahead, you were warned.
>>
File: pop-mac1.png (20KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
pop-mac1.png
20KB, 640x400px
What we had before QTE games, aka bullshit. Also a generally inferior version of Prince of Persia.

At least Prince of Persia was consistent in its puzzles and game object behavior. Play that instead, it's much better.
>>
One of the worst, most over hyped games in fucking history.

This may very well be the first game that got universal praise despite being fucking terrible.

Genuinely terrible.

I traded in Final Fantasy 2 for this back in the day, and I will never not hate it. I could spend entire life times playing games and not find a game that I hate more. The most overhyped, garbage game in existance.
>>
File: unimpressed_lester.jpg (7KB, 152x152px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed_lester.jpg
7KB, 152x152px
>>3858740
> Game is popular
> Popularity helps propagation, which provides further popularity
> "Retro gamer" plays game for the first time and fails to factor accumulated chronological aberrations in objective merit/success ratio
> WRST MOST OVERRATED TRIPE EVAR REEEE

Every time.
>>
File: cry.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>3858740
ya need to let go m8
>>
>>3858219
in all seriousness anon, pick up the 25th anniversary edition. It's the most easily accessible version and second only to the Amiga and (debatable, as the included 'sequel' is garbage) Mega CD version.
If you (Like many) were made aware of this game from the James and Mike Mondays video, know that they are playing one of the considerably inferior console ports, which were riddled with porting issues.
/vr/ and even /v/ are usually pretty unanimous with praising this game, but the occasional disruptor will sometimes sperg out about how the entire genre killed their mother or something. At least there's no sight of the idiot who tries to convince everyone these games aren't actually "games."
The game is a classic case of nintendo hard, and if you've played blackthorne or prince of persia you'll know that often times reflexes, timing, and patience are in order to get through some of the more rage-inducing segments, but it's a pretty unique game that drips atmosphere.
>>
>>3858842
My rage will penetrate a thousand lifetimes.
>>
>>3858854
Studies predict a lifetime of frothing at the mouth, a soft death, and finally a blissful much appreciated silence.
>>
>>3858764
do you make these big words up as you go along or do you have them written down somewhere just in case?
>>
>>3858867
did you not pass grade 9 English?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.