[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on this controller for emulation on an Android tablet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: NES30pro5.jpg (337KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
NES30pro5.jpg
337KB, 1024x768px
Opinions on this controller for emulation on an Android tablet?
>>
>>3857857
There are many RetroArch users who use this controller, so it definitely works for android emulation.

As a bluetooth device, it will use more cpu and ram than a wired controller, and there could be more lag. Depending on the power of the tablet, this could be a big deal or no deal at all.
>>
I've just about decided to buy one myself. It gets good reviews both officially and in passing here on /vr/ plus in addition to being Android, Wii and PS3 compatible it just became Xinput compatible for PC. Now my only decision is whether to wait on the special Year of the Cock version to ship from Asia or not.
>>
>>3857857
I mean every controller works on android. I think its not a great choice though because you only have 2 bumpers instead of 4, also do the sticks click in?
So on that note i ask, why not use a xbox or ps controller? heck you can even use a wii controller if you wanted.

However i think unless you doing it socially portable emulation tends to be a bit of a joke. Its never really fun even on trains. That goes for most portable games too.
>>
>>3857857
But.. Do you have to hold both at the same time?
>>
>>3857879
Stick a cock in your mouth while you're there faggot.
>>
>>3857880
It does have 4 shoulder buttons and L3 and R3

>>3857893
While I'm where now?
>>
File: 51d0tYqyrZL[1].jpg (37KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
51d0tYqyrZL[1].jpg
37KB, 500x334px
>>3857889
Sadly, the clip will not fit my HP Stream 7
>>
>>3857880
It has 4 bumpers, two of them are the small things at the top

The problem with Xbox is thar you cant use it wireless and im planning on connecting the tablet in the livin room so i dont have to move the pc around
>>
>>3857857
Not bad as long as you're sitting down.
I use this whenever I'm stuck in a waiting room.
>>
>>3857906
well you can use ps3 controlelrs wirelessly. Your choice, i think it looks unconfortable though
>>
>>3857913
PS3 controllers at least here are more expensive but i thought of that

Also i dont think is unconfortable or at least from the problems i heard from the controller no one mentioned being unconfortable
>>
>>3857913
PS3 controllers don't fit in your pocket plus you have to reconfigure your bluetooth stack to use them and then your device won't work with other normal bluetooth devices until you set it back
>>
>>3857926
i dont think in any realistic situation youre going to be carrying a phone and controller + other crap like wallet, keys, etc in just your pockets. If you are i have to ask why
>>
It feels so cheap for the cost
>>
>>3857994
...so you can play video games? My phone's case is my wallet and my keys hang from a clip.
>>
>>3858000
But are the buttons responsive? Hows the D-Pad for platforming games?
>>
>>3857926
Or just use USB. If I am going to sit and game for 30 minutes or more I don't setting up a controller and kickstand.
>>
>>3858004
in what situation to you need rapid set and dismantle of your controller/ phone combo? if youre on a train or something a bag is a better solution and allows you to use a superior controller.
>>
>>3858062
If I have a bag I might as well have a laptop
>>
How do I get my PS4 controller to not be laggy as shit when using it with my phone?
>>
Used a phonejoy and the gamesir 3gv. both are pretty good.
>>
Are there actually wired controllers for phones? I hate how my bluetooth controller gets massive input lag unless I unpair it and pair it again every time I want to use it.
Also I haven't been able to find an android controller with a decent d-pad.
>>
>>3858087
Most (all?) phones now can act as USB hosts so HID gamepads of all types should work.
>>
>>3858093
Maybe my phone is old. I bought one of those OTG cables but it didn't work.
Do Wii controllers work on newer phones? I had read in multiple places that they used to work in old versions of Android but then the ability was broken in an update.
>>
>>3858105
That's accurate yes.
>>
>>3858017
>D-Pad
I wasn't a fan but I guess it works
>>
>>3857906
You can, just need an xbox dongle
>>
>>3858189
Yeah I got a brand new xbox one controller at goodwill for 11.99 and I use it on my samsung tablet through bluetooth. You can use it for windows if you buy the wireless dongle for like 22 bucks on amazon, fucking greedy ass microsoft can't just let everyone use it through bluetooth, da joos 4 ya.
>>
>>3857889
I have a tablet case that you can sit the screen upright and it works great. Get one of those cases for your phone and you're in business.
>>
>>3858105
My new Samsung phone doesn't work with my wiimote anymore. I haven't tried my tablet but ill try it out and report back.
>>
It's pretty comfy, even in my gorilla hands, and it definitely looks good. The sticks are absolute TRASH though (huge dead zones) and the D-Pad is pretty "clicky", which could be a deal breaker. In retrospect, I'd probably just get the SNES-replica model from the same company. It's even more bag-friendly and why pay extra for useless sticks?
>>
>>3859113
I was surprised how clicky the new xbox one controllers dpad is but I was using a logitech before it and that dpad was nothing to write home about.
>>
>>3859117
Hmm, it's a different kind of "click" than the Xbone or 3DS D-Pads. It's more chunky feeling
>>
>>3857857
I've heard rumors the quality has improved but that's just kids on the internet. I had one a few years back and it was shit. Started breaking down after a few days. You do much better with a ipega at half the price.

>>3857905
>HP Stream 7
Condolences on your poor choice. There's a decent clip you can print. Personally I use a pg9023 for my tablets.

>>3857994
You'd be amazed what you can fit in cargo pants
>>
File: VITA1.jpg.jpg (720KB, 1812x1136px) Image search: [Google]
VITA1.jpg.jpg
720KB, 1812x1136px
Just get a PS Vita

>runs retroarch
>can emulate up to ps1 and psp
>much more portable
>best d-pad ever
>doesn't consume your phone battery

they only emulator missing from android is dolphin but let's be real dolphin only runs on my nvidia shield tv, no way it's gonna run on your phone
>>
>>3857857
Looks like a piece of flaming trash
>>
>>3859239
Does it do SNES well?
>>
>>3859217
pg9023 doesn't have Xinput
>>
>>3859894
The nes30 I had didn't either. I've heard from kids on the internet that does now but is sketchy. If they get it working well some day great. 360ce works ok and I wouldn't trade mouse for xinput no matter how much you paid me.
>>
>>3859239
Don't you still need to pay out the ass for a bigger memory card?
>>
File: 4331501315765957398-account_id=2.jpg (258KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
4331501315765957398-account_id=2.jpg
258KB, 2048x1152px
>>3859239
>No microsd adapter
>$140 for 64gb proprietary card
>Have to downgrade and you're sol on latest version
Get a PSP with a double sd card adapter for basically infinite storage for cheap. All PSPs can be softmodded now. It can emulate everything a PSVita can plus you can store the entire PSP library because you have a fuckton of storage. Pic related, my phatty with comfy grip.
>>
>>3860210
I've been lookin into getting a PSP to emulate on, I like the sd expandable slot.

Is there any make and model number that I should be looking for or will any work?
>>
>>3860215
Any PSP can use CFW.

2000 or 3000 are your best options if you're careful with your stuff (1000 is made of tougher stuff), but with some 2000s and most 3000s you can't install permanent CFW have to reactivate the CFW every time you reboot.

It's a deal breaker for some people, but it only takes a couple seconds. If you use your PSP a lot you'll probably put it in sleep mode instead of turning it off anyway.
>>
>>3860210
The original Vita model's OLED screen looks a lot better than the PSP's LCD screen, but that's not really worth the considerable price difference unless you're planning on getting Vita games.
>>
>>3860215
Get a 3000. 2000 still has a crappy ghosting LCD screen it's just brighter. The 3000 has no ghosting but is still bright and retains the lightweight body from the 2000 slim. It is the best PSP model. The only reason I have a 1000 is because I got it months after release so its sentimental. I have Genesis, Master System, SNES, NES, PSX, N64, GBA, Turbografx, GBC, CPS2, CPS1, and PSP g
games working fine, but N64 is pretty crappy. If anything breaks parts are usually <$10. I've replaced a screen for $15 and 10 minutes of noob work.
>>
>>3857857
HOW IS THIS ALLOWED TO BE UP AND ACTUAL RETRO DISCUSSION GETS BANNED? THIS MOD IS OUT OF CONTROL.
>>
>>3860648
Your thread was a meta thread
>>>/qa/
>>
>>3857905
That clip is fucking awful. A pain to put on and take off, and it holds the phone at a terrible angle for playing. You have to angle your wrists down.
>>
>>3857857
For an Android tablet, it's perfect.
I find it responsive, feels nice in the hands and has more features than you'll ever use.
Highly recommended.
>>
>>3860742
Oh does the hinge not open past like 110 degrees or something?
>>
File: 20170315_002754.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_002754.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>3860750
>hinge
More like "2 pieces of plastic that snap together, making it a pain to put together and put away quickly"
>>
>>3860758
No wonder it's only $3
>>
>>3860648
>THIS MOD HATES UNDERAGE!!1!!!1
Sounds like my kinda guy
>>
>>3857857
it just looks SO bad
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.