[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Star Fox 2 supposed to be so easy? I though it was pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Was Star Fox 2 supposed to be so easy?

I though it was pretty fun, but I beat the whole thing in one sitting, and Wolf was the only enemy that gave me any real challenge.
>>
>>3857812
My score
>>
It's missing some elements from the final build. What they are escapes me.
>>
>>3857816
Yeah.

The two things I'd say are missing is more waves of enemies after you clear the board initially, and more counter attacks from the bosses/cores.

The cores/bosses shoot at you, yeah, but if you just smash fire you'll only get hit like once before the core/boss is destroyed.
>>
>>3857812
>only 2 planets liberated
I think you've played the easy course, do it again on normal or hard.
>>
>>3857835
It was on normal.

I'll give hard a go though.
>>
>>3857812
Maybe that's the reason why it got canned.
>>
>>3857985
Never stopped Kirby.
>>
>>3857985
Nope. It got canned because Miyamoto was jealous of Argonaut games, and basically cancelled SF2 from under them and then literally used all the good ideas for Star Fox 64. Seriously, read up on this. Miyamoto screwed those guys, and they showed up at a consumer show (I think CES) and Shiggy had the balls to say he was sorry things "didn't work out" or some shit. They lost literally thousands of dollars developing Star Fox 2, and that's the real reason why it will never be officially released.

I just hope the completed build leaks out someday.
>>
>In an interview with Nintendo Life in 2015, Cuthbert reveals he has a copy of the game's finalized ROM image, completely reviewed and debugged by Mario Club, which he acquired during the development of Star Fox Command, and states that the mastered ROM image sustains many elements that remain missing from the leaked prototype ROM images.

final build never
>>
>>3858823
What a nigger
>>
>>3858823
That, or Nintendo made the business decision not to compete with themselves, ala Sega Saturn. It was dumb, since they had a complete game, though.
>>
>>3858935
Nintendo needs to learn to continue to support their old consoles for at least a few years after the new one comes out. This always happens--N64 is out? Throw the SNES in the trash. Gamecube? Well fuck any N64 games that might come out. Wii? Burn all the Gamecube games and add motion controls. WiiU? What even is this? Switch? Welp fuck all the WiiU games that might have come out this year.

It's bullshit, there are poor people who wait 2-3 years for price drops, and I'm one of them. We deserve new games too, and Star Fox 2 would have been a boon in that 1995-96 drought.
>>
>>3858952
You are supposed to buy the new console + it's games, and not only games for the old one
>>
>>3858952
Yeah, you're doing it wrong man. If you think you deserve new Wii U games, you haven't been paying attention to the Wii U.
>>
>>3857812
Its hard
>>
>>3858952
>there are poor people who wait 2-3 years for price drops, and I'm one of them. We deserve new games too

Then don't be poor.
You don't deserve shit, faggot.
>>
>>3858823

That's not even getting into fucking Croc. How Miyamoto treated Argonaut for all their work late into the SNES is a perfect example of why nobody wanted to work with Nintendo that gen. Utter twat.
>>
Is there any way to play these games at a not shit frame rate? I know some emulators have a SuperFX overclock, but I think it's essentially just speeds the game up.
>>
>>3860483
Starfox 2 actually runs at a pretty decent framerate.

Overclocking is really the only option for 1 though, unless you don't mind playing the same 3 levels in WarioWare: Smooth Moves.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.