[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For a skilled player the laser is actually the best weapon in the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Contra_cover.jpg (24KB, 264x376px) Image search: [Google]
Contra_cover.jpg
24KB, 264x376px
For a skilled player the laser is actually the best weapon in the game
>>
Sure it does more damage then the spread gun from point blank?
>>
>>3857691
But flamethrower is the funnest.
>>
>>3857698
Flame in the original Contra is absolute shit
>>
>>3857702
git gud kiddo
>>
>>3857709
He is right though. I thought you meant the flamethrower of super c which is super fun but the one of contra is absolute shit.
>>
>>3857715
Git gud, using the flamethrower in contra takes skill.
>>
>>3857691

"Skilled player" = someone with good memory and fuck-tons of spare time. Like most SHUMPS, platformers like Contra aren't about skill, just trial and error until you find a pattern that works every time.
>>
>>3857720
If you don't kill shit fast as fuck you are playing contra wrong and the flamethrower kills slow as fuck even if you play perfectly.
>>
Quick question: Is the game worth buying? It's a classic and it looks really fun, but it's also pretty short with a steep price on the market.
>>
>>3857728
just emulate it
>>
>>3857724
This describes any skill. To stay persistent, to overcome all obstacles and never give up while using your time efficiently and developing new strategies and mindsets trough creativity and a broad perspective.

If you ever tried to learn something to a higher level you would know that just sitting down and investing time is only the first step out of many. I think games are that addicting because we learn a new skillset in such a quick time that we are completely aware of it and that's why it's so satisfying.

Contra is not even that hard. It's challenging but completely fair and really short. It's one of the few games where I don't mind limited continues since it doesn't matter on this difficulty level and with the short length of the game.
>>
>>3857735

I guess I just prefer games that have some random element, so it's not the exact same game every time I pick up the controller.
>>
>>3857691
>For a skilled player the laser is actually the best weapon in the game

the top Contra players in the world ALL use spread. without exception. you really have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
File: Blazing_Lazers_boxart.jpg (13KB, 225x270px) Image search: [Google]
Blazing_Lazers_boxart.jpg
13KB, 225x270px
For a skilled player, maxing out power up III with Full Power pickup is actually the best weapon in the game.
>>
>>3857728
Get a repro that's a 2 in 1 of it together with Guevara, or with the 2 player version of POW.
>>
>>3857918
Faggot you're talking about cheesing pussies who "gotta go fast" and don't have time to accurately aim so they blast in the general area, I bet they just have the shot button held down the whole time.

A real boss shoots this concentrated blast of 5-6 shots right in the enemies fucking taint

Gracefully hopping from platform to platform pelting jerk offs with high-density rounds like a razor with wings is far more impressive than holding a cone-shaped animation in front of you.

I guarantee bosses can be rekt in half the time with the laser than the spread-ass-cheek-shot
>>
>>3857724
>Like most SHUMPS, platformers like Contra aren't about skill, just trial and error until you find a pattern that works every time.
sorry that you suck ass at shoot em ups
>>
>>3858448
>I bet a weapon capped at the same dps as the peashooter can wreck bosses faster than a weapon that isn't

Anyone who thinks the laser magically deals more damage than a peashooter on turbo because they figured out how to use it is a fucking retard.
>>
>>3857691
best = boring

The truly skilled use the peashooter and live life on the edge.
>>
>>3857728
>Is a game that I could just easily emulate before buying to find out for my self worth asking on /vr/ if a game that I won't emulate worth buying?

This shit is cancer.
>>
>>3859248
Your mum is cancer
>>
>>3858675

If I had my way, they'd be random, hence much harder.
>>
>>3857720
So what? It's still a complete waste of time compared to all the other weapons.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.