[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro video game music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon_ost.jpg (745KB, 993x874px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_ost.jpg
745KB, 993x874px
Does anyone else here collect music from retro games (CDs or otherwise)?
>>
>>3855734
I used to, and I had a fairly large collection of OST CDs back in the early 90's. I also used to download every remix at sites like OCremix and VGmix. It was a large part of my adolescence, and greatly contributed to my difficulties relating to other people and making friends at the time.

I still really enjoy that stuff, but I've broadened my musical interest quite a bit over the years. While I rarely listen to game tunes unless I'm playing one, it's still pretty enjoyable for me occasionally while doing other things, too.
>>
>>3855775
>90's
I meant late 90's/early 2000's
>>
File: 1162_600374.jpg (33KB, 387x400px) Image search: [Google]
1162_600374.jpg
33KB, 387x400px
Yes, but back then it was just called VGM, video game music. Pictured is one of my favs by the o'bits project.

I sold most of my collected game music albums about 10 years ago and went digital.

Still listen to vgm on a daily basis, I love the old (80-95) arranged stuff the most.
>>
>>3855784
oh and for the really old timers among us: Clouds Villa was where it all began...2003 I think?
>>
>>3855734
i hope not, or if so can you explain to me why the dkc2 soundtrack cd is $1500?
>>
>>3855790
>not hoarding video game music MIDI files in the mid 90's
heh... kid...
>>
I don't have much, the only one I have is Dracula Best 2 which includes the Super Castlevania IV OST in disc 1, and Castlevania Adventure and Belmont's Revenge on disc 2.
I bought it mostly for Castlevania IV but ended up loving the Game Boy soundtracks as well, and made me want to check the games out since I hadn't played them before, Belmont's Revenge turned out to be pretty good.
The music is mostly just straight rips from the games, but they sound clean, and the IV disc has a nice opening track that mixes the opening music with the password screen music. The tracks are also divided in stages, so for tracks of stages that have more than 1 track (like stage 3 which has 3 different tracks) it's mixed in a neat, seamless way.
The booklet included is okay, though it only has a few pages and a small picture of Christopher Belmont. What's cool though is that it includes messages from the composers and sound engineers from Konami, in japanese though.

Then I have some other ones that came included with games, like Killer Instinct's Killer Cuts. Really love that one though, it's great, and it's all arranged soundtrack, not the SNES or arcade music.
And a couple OSTs that came with Atlus games on DS and 3DS but none of them are retro except for Soul Hackers.
>>
>>3855797
I'm 35 bro
>>
>>3855805
Kidness is a state of mind, not the number of candles on your birthday cake
>>
>>3855804
Dracula Best 1 is really good if you like Famicom music. It has composer messages, too, and a track from Haunted Castle.
>>
>>3855784
You better have those as WAV or FLAC, not MP3.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.