[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro EBAY shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 300px-64DD-Attached.jpg (12KB, 300x239px) Image search: [Google]
300px-64DD-Attached.jpg
12KB, 300x239px
So, I recently sold some old retro stuff on Ebay. A buyer complained that one of the consoles did not work, and he requested a refund. I said no refunds allowed - Ebay apparently doesn't allow that and refunded him and made him send it back.

I got it back and it's a totally different fucking system.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
Serves you well for being a fucking reseller scum... i hope all of them ask for refunds so you dont ven make a penny out you greedy fuck.

In all seriousness, thats what you get for using the resellers bay, shouldve just dropped them on Craigslist or something locally.
>>
Send ebay pictures of the serial number of the console he sent you that they can see is different from the serial number in the pictures from your auction.

Just kidding. I'm sure you didn't post pictures of the serial number and ebay nearly always sides with buyers unless he already has a bunch of complaints against him from buyers he's already pulled this on but either way you should still report it whether you're the first straw or the last straw
>>
>>3854106
>What the fuck do I do?

Scams like this rarely happen, but if you're moving expensive items, you really should take (timestamped) photos of your merchandise before shipping it.

And are you sure it's a different one? The postal service might have damage the item en route.

>>3854112
>and ebay nearly always sides with buyers

lol, no. I've been ripped by resellers before. eBay didn't give a shit.
>>
OP here, not reselling. It was a chilhood black gamecube that was working fine. Guy resent me a silver/platinum gamecube that isn't working.

I told Ebay, and they said they can't do anything about it basically. I don't even think serial numbers matter.
>>
>>3854120
I've sold a SNES and this happened. I had photos up of it when I sold i
>>
>>3854131
How do you know its not the same gamecube? Maybe he just painted it silver.
>>
>>3854141
so what you're saying is
im fucked
>>
>>3854141
>Maybe he just painted it silver.

kek
>>
>>3854106

Do you have any info about the buyer?

It seems like youre fucked. Learn from it.
>>
Well, you have his name and address. You know what to do.
>>
>>3854171
He's halfway across the country and I don't want to be arrested.
>>
>>3854131
If it's a completely different color than what you listed then open a case with ebay and tell them that.

You did post pictures of your actual console..didn't you?

Even if you did, you're probably shit out of luck. Ebay and Paypal side with the buyer 99% of the time. Don't sell on ebay. It's only a matter of time before you get fucked over.
>>
>>3854185
Yes, but Ebay basically said they have no way to verify that's what was sent in the box. They appear to think I'm just showing pictures of random stuff I own.
>>
>>3854185
Some people return boxes of shoes.
>>
I sold ~90% of my personal collection on eBay a few years back, along with some stuff that my sister wanted to get rid of. Back then, if a buyer so much as made any formal complaint at all, the funds from the listing were immediately withdrawn from my PayPal account (which defaulted into my bank account if there wasn't enough). One buyer opened a complaint because the item was 'taking too long' even though I mailed it within 24 hours and we could both see that it was held in Canadian customs (shipping from US). eBay absolutely sides with buyers and the trend is growing stronger in their favor. My sister is a seller now and it's even worse. Can't even leave anything but positive feedback on a buyer when you're a seller. How fucked is that?

Major kek at 'no refunds' OP. Take that shit to Craigslist if you want it to work.
>>
File: 1480204614325.jpg (3MB, 1625x2521px) Image search: [Google]
1480204614325.jpg
3MB, 1625x2521px
I used to work for Ebay.

OP I'm sorry but you are probably shit outta luck. Unless you want to take him to small claims court, or file a police report, you can't really do anything.

1. Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, all of these companies are 99% behind buyers in any type of transaction dispute.

2. I am not sure what the Amazon time frame is, but If the buyer makes a complaint within SIX MONTHS of buying the item - ebay/paypal will then open a claim.

3. If you sell with ebay/paypal, you almost always have to offer returns. Unless it is a broken item listed AS IS or FOR PARTS, the buyer can request a refund no matter what. Your no refund policy means nothing when you use these services.

4. Depending on the situation, the buyer usually has to send the item back. This is often at the cost of the seller and often times it makes no sense for the seller to cover the cost of shipping so they just let the buyer keep the item (and lose the money they sold the item for). Asshole buyers count on this and unless they are brand new to ebay/paypal and/or have done this shit before, there is nothing you can do about it.

5. In this case, the buyer sent you a brick - this term used for a false item that weighs the same. You can call Ebay and complain but the best they will probably do is give you half the cost of the item back - and that is only for the top 10% of sellers. You can try small claims or even file a police report, but if it is in another state it's wasted energy and time.

6. Don't do anything stupid to dox the buyer because they have your info as well. They could easily get your Ebay account suspended for retaliatory actions and could just as easily dox your info. It isn't worth it, trust me.

7. What did you sell and what did you get, I'm curious?

Anytime you use paypal, ebay, amazon, you are always at risk as a seller.
>>
>>3854206
>7. What did you sell and what did you get, I'm curious?

What I honestly sent was an HDMI modified Gamecube, black. It was about 200 dollars.

He said it wasn't working, and I got sent back a regular platinum Gamecube that doesn't work.
>>
>>3854210
Ah shit that sucks.

Selling modded consoles is a risky gamble because of this exact issue. No one at ebay gives a fuck about the details. You sold a Gamecube, you got a gamecube returned, that's all they see.

It's better to sell locally through craigslist, but you get less buyers and get less money, and you have to deal with weird people.
>>
>>3854218
Yeah he sent back a platinum gamecube worth 35 dollars.
>>
Dont tell me it had a purple led mod..
>>
>>3854224
No, why?
>>
>>3854185
>Ebay and Paypal side with the buyer 99% of the time
>>3854201
>eBay absolutely sides with buyers

And yet resellers keep sending me buffed game discs that were previously scratched so deeply that they no longer functioned, and eBay basically says "fuck you" when I try to arrange a return.

Of course, the sellers always claim their games are 100% tested when clearly they did no such thing. When I leave negative feedback for inaccurate item description, the seller goes apeshit and starts leaving nasty messages, even going as far as to contact my home phone. eBay also does nothing about that.
>>
>>3854231
I don't understand. Are you going through ebay/paypal resolution center?
>>
>>3854231
That's odd. I've been in two situations where the seller told me to fuck off and threatened me and I've gotten my money back through ebay every time. I bought Ehrgeiz and it was scratched to shit. I didn't even have to send it back to the seller. I went to a used movie store and got it resurfaced, so I essentially got it for the $1 I paid the store.
>>
>>3854106
Prove it to ebay, follow their process, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>3854206
This is why I always list AS IS for everything I sell, games or otherwise, even if it's in mint condition or brand new.
>>
>>3854106
>I said no refunds allowed -
This will hurt you every time. In fact, I've even read when people say this ebay sometimes refunds the buyer and lets them keep the item. Accept refunds unless you're scammer trash
>>
>>3854406
eBay/PayPal doesn't give a shit. You're still at their mercy even if you put things like that in the title.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.