[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there anyone here who unironically prefers the dreamcast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: welcometothenextlevel.jpg (153KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
welcometothenextlevel.jpg
153KB, 660x330px
is there anyone here who unironically prefers the dreamcast over the saturn?
>>
d-don't bully Sega
>>
File: 1303.jpg (23KB, 429x375px) Image search: [Google]
1303.jpg
23KB, 429x375px
Us PS2 master race nobles could (hardly) care less.
>an actual 6th gen console
>the objectively best 5th gen console
Oh...I see! My bad. Stick to /vr/. What do you know, the PS1 alone rapes both of those systems.

Pssst...nothing personell kid. It just gets stale pretending either system is good. But for what it's worth DC > SS.
>>
Arcade gamers
>>
>>3853785
Sega Saturn was a trip for me because it seemed like more of a home Arcade port system to me.
Dreamcast also had Arcade ports, but it didn't seem like it had as many. They were both wonderful in my opinion, but I'll take the Saturn over the Dreamcast because I like playing Galaxy Force 2 a lot.
>>
>>3853785
i do.
>>
>>3853785
Is there anyone here who unironically shitposts?
>>
>>3853785
Most people in the west do prefer the DC to nearly meme levels, but I'd take the SS in a heartbeat.
>>
>>3853791
>PS2
>master race
>99% interlaced garbage

DC had progressive scan VGA output, DC wins.
>>
IMO they're equal when it comes to "what if..." conversations but Dreamcast had more potential overall
>>
>>3853791
PS2 was a DVR tivo set top box
>disc tray
lol
>>
>>3853785
Yes. 100% of people. Nobody likes the Saturn over anything.
>>
Saturn had more (and better) games. Dreamcast is great still.
>>
Dreamcast was a better console.

There's very little to justify owning a Saturn. It had some unique exclusives but nothing that really outshines the PS1 or PC gaming at the time.

This is different with the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast had titles that need to be played by everyone.
>>
>>3855795
Alright, name 15 must-play Dreamcast games that weren't eventually ported to something else.
Also, no fighting games.
This will determine whether or not a Dreamcast is actually worth owning. I have a feeling you won't be able to list that many.
>>
>>3855827

lol, fuck your metric mate.

justify why i shouldn't mention fighting games.
>>
>>3855832

oh snap!
>>
File: Continuum Fallacy.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Continuum Fallacy.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>3855827
FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>>
>>3855832
>>3855841
>>3855842

I made it strict for a reason.I just want to know if me getting a Dreamcast would be worth it. I'm not investing in something only for a few games. I'm not into fighting games at all, well, except Soul Calibur.
I never bothered getting a dreamcast back then, or even a ps2 or gamecube, I stuck to PC during that generation and never got a gamecube or ps2 until much later.
Now it's just Dreamcast left to try, but things are getting really expensive these days, so I want to make sure the investment is 100% worth it.
>>
>>3855872
Then you could've said "I'm not into fighting games and I have a Gamecube, what does the DC offer?" instead of being a prick
>>
>>3855872

It's complicated because Dreamcast had fighting games for people who aren't that into fighting games like Soul Calibur - which has crossover appeal.

The exclusivity thing is complicated too because some games just feel better on a DC including Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. But seriously, that's such a bad metric. I can't mention something like Power Stone because it was eventually ported to another system even though it was a PSP, which few people have.

Using your metric, I can't get to 15 games but I don't think you wouldn't get to 15 games with a Saturn either. And I think more people should play Shenmue and Time Stalkers than Bug! and Clockwork Knight.
>>
Md > ss > dc
>>
>>3855827
Shenmue
Cosmic Smash
Napple Tale
Illbleed
D2
Border Down
Cannon Spike
Segagaga
Toy Commander
Zombie Revenge
Frame Gride
Lack of Love
Metropolis Street Racer
Time Stalkers
Red Dog

Thats not even including multi-plat games where the best version is for the Dreamcast.
>>
>>3854229
Yes, glorious VGA output for all those non-exclusives and arcade ports! Superb console!
>>
>>3855954
>trying this hard to shit on based dreamcast
stay buttmad ps2 will NEVER EVER be allowed here, sonyfag
>>
File: the best console.png (46KB, 1077x595px) Image search: [Google]
the best console.png
46KB, 1077x595px
>>3853785
sega 32X mustard rice.
>>
>>3853785
Who unironically doesn't? Saturn was trash.
>>
File: dc rec.jpg (1MB, 1835x1835px) Image search: [Google]
dc rec.jpg
1MB, 1835x1835px
Joke thread? What does the Saturn have that stacks up to DC?
>>
I like the Genesis the most.
>>
File: seaman_1.jpg (228KB, 1240x700px) Image search: [Google]
seaman_1.jpg
228KB, 1240x700px
>>3853785
>>
>>3855997
A ton of JRPGs and dating sims.
>>
>>3855795
There are so many amazing Saturn games. Just because you haven't touched the system doesn't mean you can make a statement like that.
>>
>>3855997
No PSO????? For Shame
>>
File: me.png (24KB, 191x177px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
24KB, 191x177px
>>3855997
no double impact -- giant attack? REEEE
>>
>>3853791
righty-o, fellow PS2 kin.

>PS2 had Sega Ages which brought over the best of Sega's past releases
>tfw many of them had a 480p option.
>>
>>3856113
>online game
>online service is gone

Gee, I wonder why it wasn't on the list.
>>
>>3856147
still up thanks to private servers
>>
>>3856156
Is it a pain in the ass to setup and get on? Because I doubt most people are willing to jump through hoops and purchase a DC keyboard when they can just play PSO on PC.
>>
I do, Dreamcast is one of the best consoles of all time. Saturn is top-10, DC is top 5.
>>
File: 1484580193373.png (399KB, 431x413px) Image search: [Google]
1484580193373.png
399KB, 431x413px
Nope. I prefer the PS2 over the Dreamcast and Saturn.
>>
>>3855997
a non-shit Virtua Fighter port, for starters.
>>
>>3856219
VF3 DC is closer to VF3 arcade than VF2 Saturn is to VF2 arcade, fucking retard.
>>
>>3853785
I do
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.