[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squaresoft General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: squaresoft.jpg (5KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
squaresoft.jpg
5KB, 400x300px
>final fantasy
>chrono trigger and cross
>saga
>mana
>final fantasy tactics/vagrant story
>super mario rpg
>front mission
>xenogears
>live-a-live
>parasite eve
>bahamut lagoon
>and many more

The sky was the limit for them. Will they ever be matched in quality and output someday?

What's your opinion on Squaresoft
>>
Square Enix is about to enter a golden age.
>>
>>3853879
lel
>>
>>3853879
a golden shower age of drowning their customers in piss
>>
File: What Squaresoft once was.jpg (2MB, 4784x3248px) Image search: [Google]
What Squaresoft once was.jpg
2MB, 4784x3248px
>>3853782
I want to go back.
>>
>>3853782
Square is one of my favorite developers and publishers, be it their past work we celebrate on /vr/ or some of the things they make nowadays

Sure, it's not the same anymore, but every once in a while they put out something I really like

I will never, ever defend some of the shit they'd pulled, though, like All the Bravest. I like them, but I'm not afraid to admit they've done some real bullshit.
>>
>>3854906
still hurts none of those games reach Europe in late 90s early 2000s
>>
>>3855620
It was only thanks to the Internet that I heard of and got to play games like FF5 or SaGa Frontier.
>>
>>3853782
>Will they ever be matched in quality and output someday?
No, the whole videogame business is different now and there's basically no one from the old days in the company except Kawazu and his small clique of designers like Takai, all the other talented people like Ishii or Tanaka are gone and replaced by newcomers who don't quite measure up.
I still buy some of their games, the last SaGa game was fantastic but it doesn't really count since it was on a shoestring budget and again, it was made by Kawazu and his gang.
I wanna see them putting out some new IP or give some of the old ones the attention they deserve, here's hoping that the warm reception for Scarlet Grace makes them reconsider a bit.
>>3853879
I really want to believe this, the Wada age is over and it seems they're trying to pull themselves together little by little, but so far they didn't publish anything of value outside of a handful of small budget games, they've finally played the FFVII remake card, which isn't a good sign mind you, but hopefully something good will come out of it in a way.

The problem with Square Enix is that somehow they got even worse at managing workload than they did when they were Squaresoft, and they were already fucking terrible, mostly due to Sakaguchi being a bit too petty for his own good, but damn did they get worse without him somehow, guess he really did pull everyone together somehow.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.