[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro pc magazines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: Killcreekpca.jpg (30KB, 220x303px) Image search: [Google]
Killcreekpca.jpg
30KB, 220x303px
This did not survive the retro era but it was the best magazine there ever was.
>>
>>3852903

I have a decades worth of Swedish PC-gamer magazines on my attic (starting at 97 or 98), all the demo-CD's as well. Good times, some day I must set up a laptop with windows XP and try to plow through as many as I can get working, that'll be a nostalgia overdose and I might die, but it'll be fun none the less. .
>>
>>3852903
I think, more than anything else in retro gaming, gaming magazines are the thing I miss most.

Growing up, my parents hated my gaming hobby, but they loved the fact that it got me reading, and it got me engaged in something.

My dad didn't understand anything about "Those damn games" but he would see me reading Tips & Tricks or something, and ask "What're you reading about?" and I'd tell him it was some preview or some guide on how to get through a part of a game, and he'd ask me my opinion on that. I also had a couple letters show up in reader mail.

I also get a similar feeling of nostalgia from gaming forums from around 97~04. I used to sit and learn all my cheats and info from sitting up with neckbeards all night and ranting about whatever JRPG we were slogging through, at the time.

Sorry for the blogpost...
>>
File: CGWES1196.jpg (1012KB, 1600x2108px) Image search: [Google]
CGWES1196.jpg
1012KB, 1600x2108px
>>3852903
I spent more money in those magazines than in games.
Computer Gaming World was the first one, they gave you a complete game with every number, I remember playing shit like Bud Tucker for that reason. More than half of the games were graphic adventures, and I hated the genre so I played the demos to death.
Then there was OkPCGamer, just demos but some of the reviews were hillarious.
Basically 80% of my videogame hobby were those magazines. The other 20% was one or two games for christmas, birthday and in 00's the shit I could download at 5 Kb/s from Kazaa.
>>
>>3852903

I miss this magazine so damn much, I loved some of the covers they would do like the Warcraft 3 or the vtmb one.

They said they would try to revive the mag 20 years down the road if they still had fans (I don't think they were serious though.), but I don't think the kind of shit they did then would fly now in this overly sensitive and politically correct time we live in.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.