[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else in the same boat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1464777871536.png (45KB, 484x726px) Image search: [Google]
1464777871536.png
45KB, 484x726px
Black and White and their sequels are the only Pokemon games I enjoy besides the original GB and GBC games.
>>
You are me
>>
Gen 1 and 2 only
>>
>>3851354
I didn't even like B&W or S&M. It's just textextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextext when you want to do even the simplest of things. If the game wasn't hammering me with text boxes and repetitive animations and other time wasters, I would not run out of patience so quickly.

I'm 28 with a job, I want to PLAY games, not stare at them waiting for permission to press A. Sun and Moon did a great job in killing off many sacred cows, but the sheer amount of time wasting the game throws at you is not acceptable in this day and age.

Selecting a potion and healing my pogeymans should take a few seconds. The devs should play SMT4 and learn something because the interface in that game is lightning fast. Or hell, Elminage. The interface in that goes as fast as you do.
>>
Yeah I'm basically the same. G/S/C is the perfect rendition of the GB experience while B/W is the perfect realization of the expanded game it became. GBA is a transitional period that didn't bring much of worth to the table and 3DS...well, wherever they're going with it hasn't really found its feet yet.
>>
>>3851401
>I didn't even like B&W or S&M. It's just textextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextext
I agree on SM but I honestly never had an issue with the scenes in BW. They're not that annoying, not on SM's level. I just replayed BW again and still don't have that issue.
>>
>>3851354
I stopped giving a shit after Gen 1 honestly.

My brother and his friends had gold/silver. It was exactly the same thing.

Nothing changed. To me Pokemon was lightning in a bottle that peaked after Gen 1. I think people still try and capture the originals charm, but it just fails. I'm not saying anything post-Red/Blue are bad games, they're all fine, they're all competent, but the issue is they're all exactly the same.
>>
File: True.jpg (561KB, 858x2402px) Image search: [Google]
True.jpg
561KB, 858x2402px
>>3851420
Red and Gold are very similar, but once you get to Ruby and beyond the games make changes that have varying levels of impact, usually for the better.
>>
>>3851461

Not even a Pokefucker (outside of some of the human characters), but Vaporeon is pretty sexy.
>>
The remakes of R&B and G&S are my favourites, I dont like the Pokemon added from gen 3 onwards but the game engine kept getting better.
>>
File: Vaporeon.full.91691.jpg (57KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Vaporeon.full.91691.jpg
57KB, 600x800px
>>3851472
>tfw vaporeon will never tend to your dick
>>
>>3851392
Shit
>>
>>3851461
>gardevoir not at puny-minded tier
>>
File: Ruins of Alph.jpg (524KB, 827x786px) Image search: [Google]
Ruins of Alph.jpg
524KB, 827x786px
I can't stand how most modern Pokémon games look. I really hate the character designs, and not only the new Pokémon, but how everything looks like some modern anime.
Sun and Moon were a step in the right direction, as the characters look more like classic anime. Some UB look like something Tezuka would create.

The GBA games were a joke. The art looked off, like if done by amateurs. While GSC looked good for Game Boy (Color), Ruby & Sapphire looked like complete shit for GBA. I was expecting Golden Sun-tier graphics. How can that awfully boring piece of crap have a bigger budget than fuckin' Pokémon?

I always come back to GSC. I have it on my smartphone, on my PC and until I lost everything due to a flood I had the original cartridges.
It's just... comfy.
>>
>>3851354
For me, it's hard to enjoy anything that isn't FireRed, Emerald, Crystal or HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Btw, just out of curiosity, is that an actual ROM Hack or it's just some fanmade pic?
I know there are Hoenn and Sinnoh Demakes made by fans, but never actually saw B/W2 being demaked.
>>
>>3851354
The pokemon game I enjoyed the most is Emerald, followed by Crystal. The others are all, I dunno, boring.
>>
>>3851354
I honestly don't get the hate B&W get. I played Black in 2011 and as a result B&W are my third favourite Pokemon games after HGSS at second and Emerald at first.
>>
>>3851354
> Make a thread about how does compare new zelda with classic one
> Get banned

> Make a thread about new and old pokemon games
> Still up

Shows you how faggots the mods are.
>>
>>3851354

What rom if its real?

I feel the same though. I come back to gens 1 and 2 the most. I also really love HG and third gen, but it doesn't have a fraction of the vibe and aesthetic that gen 2 especially has. 5th gen was fun I guess, but XY and Platinum utterly bored me. Haven't played Sun/Moon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.