[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is it to you that a game comes complete?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: miv-Lc9IMHMJZlXGeq6mWvg.jpg (11KB, 225x168px) Image search: [Google]
miv-Lc9IMHMJZlXGeq6mWvg.jpg
11KB, 225x168px
How important is it to you that a game comes complete?
>>
>>3850982
>All discs
Duh

>Case
I'd prefer it, but I can replace it and print a cover if I have too.

>Manual
Not essential, but it's really really nice to have.

>Inserts
Nah. Unless it's something like a map or poster I won't give an extra fuck about it.
>>
In the case of disc games, the case is an absolute requirement in addition to the manual if it serves as the cover
>>
Discs.

Cover is a bonus. Anything else is sheer autism tier.
>>
>>3851076
Go home Gamestop you're drunk.
>>
I collect primarily ps1/2. Case and manual are a must. I really don't care much about light cosmetic wear if the price is good and the disc looks ok. Extra swag is nice but I don't need it. Still trying to find a case and discs copy of Lunar 2 because I'd rather just have the game to play for $30-35 than the whole box for $80.
>>
File: IMAG0436.jpg (802KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0436.jpg
802KB, 2560x1440px
I usually dont care but the boxes for super famicom games are so cool
>>
Here's the limits of my autism:
>disc
CiB is a must. Would not but loose.

>cartridge
CiB is a plus but not essential. Just the case + game is fine. Although I do own loose carts, I eventually try to find the proper cases for games I really like.
>>
>>3850982
Its nice when they come with the download, but you can download the manual separately, don't need pictures of the covers though since I don't print that shit out.
>>
>>3850982
Don't really care. If it's a cart I just want one that's not completely trashed. As for discs, i prefer having the original case. As for the manuals and the rest, it's nice to have them but I don't really care
>>
as long as I can play it, IDGAF.

>see black label complete ff7
>attempt to purchase ff7
>they ring up a greatest hits with a cracked case and no booklet for the same cost
>lolno

i got my discount, and walked out happier than if I'd paid asking price on the black label
>>
>>3850982
i don't like having loose carts or discs, but all the extra insert shit i don't really care about. it's a nice bonus when it's included but i'd never go out of my way to look for it specifically
>>
I "collect" Saturn imports and I like to have them complete with spine. If they don't happen to have spine though that's okay though. I won't spend extra just to get spine. I have this burning flame of autism though that keeps making me think that spine is going to make them worth a lot more in 10 or 15 years.

I made a trade for Dragon Force NA loose, disc only and I don't mind at all. Sometimes it isn't worth buying things complete and if it's loose it likely it'll be loose for the rest of existence so might was get it while I can.
>>
idgaf as long I can play them. Love reading manuals though
>>
>>3851228
That's not autism, simply greed.
>>
Disc-based game? Essential.

Cartridge? Can take it or leave it.
>>
>>3851267
This.
>>
File: wsdf.jpg (18KB, 393x330px) Image search: [Google]
wsdf.jpg
18KB, 393x330px
>>3851228

say spine again motherfucker
>>
>>3850982

Retro games are often way too overpriced, so I end up pirating them instead. Obviously, I won't have access to the box and manual in that case, so I guess I don't really care.

However, I do import from time to time, since Japanese releases are usually much more affordable. Interestingly, my imports are almost always complete and in pristine condition.
>>
For optical media, I need the discs and a case. Doesn't have to be THE case but it needs to be A case. I don't like putting DVD games in improper cases but I'll live, and that isn't retro anyway. For PlayStation and Dreamcast, I can just use any CD case and put together inserts myself though I prefer not to. I don't need a box for cartridge games.
As for booklets and that sort of thing, again I like having them for disc games since I have the case to store them but I don't care as much for cartridges.
I've been meaning to get into UGCs for my cartridges but haven't taken the effort to do so. If I ever did I might be more into manuals.
And on cartridge games I like them to not be defaced or have damaged labels as much as possible
>>
>>3851228
It's a fucking obi you piece of shit.
>>
File: 1486187142613.jpg (185KB, 879x670px) Image search: [Google]
1486187142613.jpg
185KB, 879x670px
>>3850982
Depends on how much I'm going to be overcharged for the paper and cardboard.
If it's more than $5 over a cart/disc only, you can kindly fuck off.
>>
>>3850982
If the game is being sold as new or complete 100%. If not I give a fuck. I'll take a loose disc if it's in good condition and the price is right
>>
>all disc
Might as well
>case
Also important
>Manual
Pretty important to me because I'm anal, though if the game is simple enough where you don't need a manual to understand it, I guess you can do without it

>inserts
I love that shit, but even I have to say it's not required
>>
A case is essential for a disc based games, but I don't care about manuals. For cart based systems I don't care aside from the Megadrive, cus its the main system I collect for and CiB games are easy and cheap to get.
>>
essential: manuals, maps
nice: boxes/case inserts, paperwork that references the given game
don't care: cases, padding, other paperwork

i no longer see the point in buying loose carts/discs aside from the few that don't work with flashcarts/mods (though even then there's still emulation). so if i'm buying a game, i'm really buying it for the extras, since i can already play the game.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.