[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever beaten the arcade version of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: tmp_27722-grad3-t1687885554.gif (9KB, 496x175px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27722-grad3-t1687885554.gif
9KB, 496x175px
Have any of you ever beaten the arcade version of this game? I've never gotten past the 2nd level
>>
>>3850752
Anyone who says they have is a liar, the game is impossible
>>
>arcade version
What's stopping one from coinfeeding the sumbitch?
>>
>>3850821
The first 3 gradius games (at least) and salamander/lifeforce are 1cc or nothing. There are no continues, just 3 lives and you get a permanent game over.
>>
Nope, I've cleared 2 loops of Gradius II though.

>>3850796
It's not impossible, just very tough and require lots of strategy.
>>
which shmup is the easiest to 1cc tho?
>>
>>3850882
I bet any competent gamer could 1cc thunder force 3 in a week if they out in at least an hour or so a day
>>
>>3850821
even if there were infinite continues, Gradius runs on checkpoints and resets your shot/option upgrades on death
You could credit feed for hours without making progress since you'll end up stuck on a boss with nothing but a peashooter
>>
>>3850930
Yeah, you're pretty much dicked if you die once in a gradius
>>
>>3850894

That whole series just reeks of good ideas with terrible execution. Really, what is the point in having multiple weapons to switch through when it's usually just one that overpowers everything else so greatly? And it's not like the level design ever forces you to make strategic use of them either, like Hellfire does for example.
>>
>>3850752
Too bad this version didn't have bullet time like on SNES
>>
>>3850821
Never heard of Gradius syndrome?
>>
>>3850882
Batsugun special
>>
>>3850943
>And it's not like the level design ever forces you to make strategic use of them either
this nigga must be joking
>>
File: twinkle-star-sprites-3659[1].jpg (23KB, 200x287px) Image search: [Google]
twinkle-star-sprites-3659[1].jpg
23KB, 200x287px
>>3850882
>>
File: compile-logo.jpg (3KB, 240x86px) Image search: [Google]
compile-logo.jpg
3KB, 240x86px
>>3850882
You can blind 1cc most of these guys' shooters.
>>
>>3851115
I don't know if I just need to git gud or what, but I always either 1cc the story mode or just get completely fucking destroyed from the 4th level on. Kinda just depends on how much the computer opponent fucks up. Doesn't matter if it's the saturn or dreamcast version.
>>
>>3850882
Thunder Cross 2 is the easiest I've played. Took a while though
>>
>>3850752
you know it's got to be really fucking hard when nobody itt has even bothered with the "git gud" meme yet
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.