[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mean stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: inb4_AUTISM.jpg (150KB, 1000x698px) Image search: [Google]
inb4_AUTISM.jpg
150KB, 1000x698px
Did the developers just added pic related to screw players out of the comfy feel of a "perfect" save file?
>>
>>3850327

I think it's more there as a challenge on subsequent playthroughs
>>
>>3850327
You can have both.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL451775E53849501E
>>
>>3850327
>>3850368
You can also leave the game running for a year or so. Eventually the clock goes into overflow and restarts which retriggers the appearance of the Ex II in Memoria.
>>
>>3850369
If you need to let the console turned on for a year without doing anything, you're screwed good... via electrical bill.
>>
>>3850335
>I think it's more there as a challenge on subsequent playthroughs
>subsequent playthroughs

>implying this is some kind of treat

FF9 doesn't have a New Game+ option. I'd be more inclined to agree with you if a "subsequent playthrough" didn't mean having to restart the entire fucking game from scratch, re-grind all your levels, re-purchase all your equipment, and sit through hours of cutscenes and FMV sequences you've already witnessed.
>>
>>3850381
where do you live that this would be an issue lol.
>>
>>3850327
Some hardcore fan of the game told me that if you leave the clock run for long enough, it resets so you can grab it that way.
>>
>>3850860

I know in FF7 the counter stops at 99:59:59. However, that's just the visual counter. Maybe the actual internal counter resets?
>>
>>3850860
You mean >>3850369?
>>
This and the jump rope minigame is why the PC rerelease is superior. Very easy to tamper with the file to get those without any hassle.
>>
>>3851358
while you're at it, you can just turn random encounters off, and god mode on for all boss fights
>>
>>3851372
I think "cheating" is okay when it's justifiable.
What I described circumvents impossible or close to impossible tasks to access content, enhancing the game experience.
What you're describing is just ruining the gameplay experience by bypassing content.
But yeah, if that's what you want to do fine, with the PC version you have the option of doing that, which makes it superior by giving you more options.
>>
>>3850948
It loops to zero and changes color.
>>
>>3850327
Always play the game once for fun. If you're austistic enough to care about "100%"ing a game, do it on the second playthrough.

Seriously though, I'd recommend just not caring. I say that as someone who wasted thousands of hours going after perfect saves. It's hollow and pointless, even worse than MMORPGs.
>>
>>3850567
leaving a PS1 running for a year would consume ~350 kwh over the course of a year, or $28 based on my local rates
>>
>>3850559
You don't grind though. You have to run from pretty much every random encounter to make the deadline and utilize strategic game knowledge. It's a totally different experience than your first playthrough, that's what makes it fun.
>>
>>3851389
>close to impossible
It's not even close to impossible. I did it on my first try. Just use a guide for boss fight preparation.
>>
100% runs are literal autism my man
I used to try and 100% every single game I played, and it worked out great for Zelda and the Mario and Luigi games and even Metroid with maps, but then my backlog got bigger and bigger and I realized that spending 100 hours on a single game just to get some dumbass shit like an extra 5 missiles or extra health in easy as fuck games wasn't worth it at all because I still enjoyed playing the games just as much, and now I can play even more games in the time I saved.
>>
>>3850327
It was to sell the startegy guide. Which in turn was to promote PlayOnline.com. Which in turn was to promote FF11.

Truly, a masterful examlpe of Jewishness.
>>
>>3851784
it actually wasn't in the guide. no one even knew it existed until a few years ago.
>>
100% runs are only worth it if the game rewards you with an special ending.
>>
>>3852147

wat

Unless you're talking about a different Excalibur everyone knew that existed back in the 90s
>>
>>3851419
Also it would probably melt it
>>
File: le-future.png (38KB, 297x255px) Image search: [Google]
le-future.png
38KB, 297x255px
>>3851784
Why would you want the information you paid for to be available in the item you purchased so you can access it while actually playing the game it's about? IT WAS THE FUTURE YOU INGRATES
>>
I used GS codes back in the day to keep everyone on lvl 1 until I got all best equips, plus did everything possible and used GS to reset the clock to get the Excalibur II.

It pretty much permits a better than what is a normal "perfect" FFIX save, because no forced exp so even better stats, plus Marcus/Eiko glitch, plus the Excalibur 2, plus an extra hammer for the Tin Armor...

It's cheating, but didn't make any difference for me, I even preferred it like that because it made a better save possible. There was this sperglord friend of mine who was deeply bothered by it (he had done the E2PG once), and the more I defended my "better-than-perfect" he would sperg out because it's cheating, it doesn't counts, it's fake and a fraud, and etc etc etc.

Good times, LOL.
>>
>>3852987
There's no forced XP in the entire game you fucking dunce. The only enemies that give you XP are random encounters and you can run from all of them.
>>
>>3852996
LMAO, don't pretend you know what you're talking about you poseur fuck, if you knew anything about perfect stats in this game you'd know there are a handful of obligatory battles that gives XP.
>>
>>3853002
Stop and petrify deny experience. Also the mandatory battles where this isn't an option have people who are guests more than capable of handling it themselces.
>>
>>3853026
3 bosses in Pandemonium + Tantarian, optionally.

Now go eat a dick.
>>
>>3853029
Psst; you don't have to use Zidane in the final dungeon.
>>
>>3851389
>I think "cheating" is okay when it's justifiable.

Nah you're just a bitch who wasn't good enough to get the sword.
>>
>>3853002
>you'd know there are a handful of obligatory battles that gives XP.

Oh wow way to make yourself look like a moron. The Level 1 challenge is pretty famous for FFIX. I'm sure you're talking about the black Mage fights at the start but it's easy to avoid exp. Just steal the Needle fork during the festival and give Quina Added Effect
>>
>>3853002
Jesus Christ you're an idiot. And bad at video games.
>>
>>3853045
If it's built in, the developer intended it...or is it the original devs you take in account?

Oops, looks like you're about to have a seizure. :^)
>>
>>3853052
>>3853079
Wow, how can two faggots be so wrong?
>>
>>3853120
cheat codes are dev intended too. using them to accomplish tasks you're too bad to accomplish on your own makes you a bitch though.
>>
>>3853120
>If it's built in, the developer intended it
>TIL glitches are intended by the developer
>>
>>3853126

What's wrong?
>>
>>3853186

>>3853029
>>
>>3852195
Yeah nah, I remember reading about Excalibur 2 on the interwebs well over a decade ago.
>>
>>3853987
Oops, this reply was of course meant for >>3852147
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.