[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

Is there a definitive guide in English for Super Turbo?

I'm looking for something begginner friendly, that doesn't jump into technical shit (like frames and things like that) early on, without even explaining the terms.
>>
>>3849474
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCEV9SNM1bc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmx6MMlwIkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRdFazpCLBU
>>
>>3849605
>calls Vega M. Bison
>calls Balrog Vega

Fucking casual. Dropped.
>>
>>3849630
>calls Dictator Vega
>calls Claw Balrog
you're the casual now
>>
>>3849634
Careful, this is /vr/. When you respond to retarded nonsense you never know if it's meant as bait in order to determine your fate.
>>
>>3849667
take your own advice lad :^)
>>
>>3849605
>keeps using the word priority

This frustrates me. Does Turbo have a priority system or does he not understand frame data?
>>
>>3849796
ST doesn't have a priority system.
people used to use those terms interchangeably 15 years ago when those videos were made, before the genesis of frame data autists.
>>
>>3849917
the game is not that complicated man just play it
>>
>>3849474
What's is the best version after the Arcade?
>>
File: Dhalsim_stfarfrc4.png (2KB, 260x82px) Image search: [Google]
Dhalsim_stfarfrc4.png
2KB, 260x82px
>>3849474
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_2_Turbo
Also see the links in the bottom

>>3849796
There's no priorities in most 2D fighting games (except for 3rd Strike but only for normals, IIRC). What people mean by this word is "how much the hitbox extends beyond hurtbox", basically.
Here's an example, see picrelated. You might think Dhalsim's long hands make him cheap. But look closer. Red box is where he hits you. Blue box is where you can hit him. You can see the red box doesn't extend very far, that means this move will like trade or lose to most moves. Moreover, his arms are completely vulnerable and he will take damage when they're hit.
>>
>>3850332
SNES
>>
>>3850358
>>3850332
There's no ST on SNES. Only the regular Super.
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_2_Turbo#Game_Versions
Probably DC is the most accurate one. Still, try to go for CPS2 original whenever you can.
>>
>>3850365
Underage
>>
>>3850390
Overage
>>
>>3850332
DC. Don't get HD Remix because, even through it's based off the DC port, Sirloin screwed up the turbo speeds, so it's slower than even the slowest speed on CPS2. For the sake of reference, the tournament standard speed for ST is the 3rd highest (called Turbo 3 in JP and Turbo 2 everywhere else) of the 4 speeds.
also see the following: combovid.com/?p=5002
>>
>>3850332
3DO
>>
>>3851037
This meme ends now. It was cool back in 1994, it's not cool today.
>The most glaring problem with the 3D0 version is that the Old characters are completely missing. It also has lots of missing animation. For example, all of Zangief's ducking punches are the same animation in the 3D0 version.
*In case you didn't know this, you can pick regular Super versions of characters in Super Turbo (so called "old" versions vs "new" versions). They often vary drastically, e.g. old Sagat is considered waaay better than the new. To pick these, you need to input special short codes for specific characters. These are allowed in most tournaments and are staples of competitive play, despite they don't have super bar and can't tech throws.
>>
>>3851049
so the 3DO version is fine as long as you don't want to play with cheaters, good to know
>>
The only authoritative (ie. not GamePro-tier) book I'm aware of was published only in Japan. The SRK Wiki has a fair bit of information but is honestly very sloppily written and has some glaring holes, you're far better off asking people specific questions on here or IRC and getting in some practice/training matches

Hell, if you already have Fightcade set up and you're still around in a few hours from now then I could probably do a few
>>
>>3851106
>IRC
I know we're all supposed to pretend to be old here but jesus CHRIST
>>
File: 10013701.jpg (389KB, 850x1196px) Image search: [Google]
10013701.jpg
389KB, 850x1196px
>>3850358
>>3850365
I never understood why Capcom decided to fuck up with the naming of the Street Fighter games in the U.S. They should've left it Super Street Fighter II X.
>>
>>3851760
if they decided to make another one after, what would they call that?
>>
>>3852342
Super Street Fighter II Double X?
>>
>>3851059
>>>/alt.games.sf2/
>>
>>3849474
Get this:
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection Official Strategy Guide (Bradygames)
>>
>>3851357
you have to remember ST is a super old game, the community is mostly super old guys who posted on newsgroups and hung out on IRC, and that's where you're gonna find them
>>
>>3853229
Nah nobody still uses that shit. Check the facebook group No Honor Crew.
>>
>>3853465
>>3851357
Is this dude serious? It's just IRC, not some ancient arcane magic shit.
>>
>>3853959
It's just a /v/ermin crossboarder
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.