[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Anachronoxcover.jpg (77KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
Anachronoxcover.jpg
77KB, 250x300px
What does /vr/ think of this game?
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg (72KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg
72KB, 800x550px
>western dev
>rpg
>>
>>3848034
laziest post ever
leave the shit posting to those that do it better
>>
Boots is a moron for picking that slag ahead of secretary-waifu
>>
>>3848010

it's shit because I can never seem to run it, not even on winXP
>>
>>3848010
ruined by the controls. not even worth playing because the controls are so garbage.
>>
>>3848010
I never actually finished it, because it got crashier the longer I played, eventually becoming unplayable.

For as long as it lasted, it was fun as fuck. I really enjoyed all the planets.
>>
File: 13-nox00053.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
13-nox00053.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>3848010
it hardly deserved to be as good as it was
combat was nothing special but the characters were goofy enough to make up for it
i never knew how much i wanted a pseudo-JRPG with a sassy black woman scientist as a party member until i got it

shame about that cliffhanger ending, though
sequel never
>>
>>3848010
>2001
>/vr/
more like Anachronism
>>
It's all over the place, a rollercoaster between boring shit and some of the funniest scenes in games ever.
Lots of cool details and funny scenarios, but also lots of the most boring walking around and repetitive battles.
It goes from a noir sci-fi RPG to slapstick comedy to detective murder mystery to comic book superhero story to first person space shooter and probably some other shit I'm forgetting.
It's incredibly fun, the story and setting is so incoherent but also extremely awesome but then it's all destroyed by a cliffhanger ending.
It's also incredibly boring and I had to force myself through the retarded ass corridor dungeons and hour long battle animations..

I wouldn't recommend it just because of the story that will never be resolved, but in restrospect I'm happy I played it.
>>
>>3848814
It's a Quake II mod, so it's retro.
>>
>>3848867
Counter Strike Condition Zero is retro too?
>>
>>3848868
if it can run on a pentium2, it's retro
>>
>>3848010

I liked it. It's deeply flawed but if you play with the semi-official patch that provides a fast-forward button you can zoom past anything you don't like. The funny bits are very funny. The RPG mechanics are an interesting failure I guess. The funny stuff that happens with Democratus is amazingly inventive. Remembering Grumpos' special attack where he blathers at enemies to put them to sleep still makes me smile.

The ending has problems but what can you do. The true main plotline, once it's revealed, is pretty generic and lame anyway... I don't really mind missing out on a comprehensive resolution for it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.