[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Composite/Svideo to rgb, component, etc. Do any of you guys do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (24KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 500x359px
Composite/Svideo to rgb, component, etc. Do any of you guys do this? How?

Upscaling general

Inb4 inevitable REEEEE
>>
No. Why would you do that? The most I personally would is transcode RGB to YPbPr but if you want to actually upscale you start with rgb out of your console.
>>
>>3847761

Some consoles don't output rgb natively. And the costs of doing mods to those consoles are cost-prohibitive
>>
A lot of home theater receivers do this. But their scalers are generally no better than the ones built into TVs, so why bother.

If you need to, buy a Faroudja box (or DCDi). That's quality.
>>
>>3847753
I convert YUV to RGB. My XM29 doesn't have component.
>>
>>3847776
If rgb modding your nes is cost prohibitive for you then do yourself a favor and just keep letting your HDTV upscale the composite signal, or get a CRT.
>>
>>3847779

That's interesting. I didn't realise home theatre receivers did this.

>>3847794

>YUV to RGB

Just through your xm29, or through a device?
>>
I'm going to convert some mp3 files to flac for improved quality.
>>
>>3847857
Its converted through some StarTech device. component in vga connector out. Its rgb+hv out, but passes 15khz 240p, 31khz 480p or anything else unmodified. No lag time that I've noticed, but all I use on it is gamecube.
>>
File: CPNT2VGAA.Main.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
CPNT2VGAA.Main.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>3847925
model# CPNT2VGAA
I got it cheap off ebay, just found out retail is over $100.
>>
>composhit to RGB
what's the point?

A friend doesn't let a friend play using composhit.
>>
>>3847883
I'm converting a hot dog into a steak.
>>
>>3848862
Im converting to islam

/Thread
>>
>>3847883
You do right. Over the years some of my mp3 albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. Rotational velocidensity is a bitch.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 287x175px
>Philips DVDR 615
All of my consoles are using SCART hooked to a sony BVM, except the NES, there is no service here to RGB mod it unfortunatelly, so I get pic related. It has a very advanced comb filter that will capture your composhit signal and clean it as much as it can and improve the quality by using the component output, I would say that it is brighter, sharper, and with deeper colors, of course it will not upconvert composite to component , thats impossible! But it will make a superior quality picture , I would say almost on par with S-Video
>>
File: IMG_20170225_145039.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170225_145039.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>3849619
back
>>
>>3849619

I was looking for something like this. Any lag?
>>
>>3849619

OP here. Upscaling was probably the wrong term to use...I was referring to something like this
>>
>>3849619

I wish there was some list of dvdrs that could do this. This is incredibly useful
>>
how viable would it be to use a HDMI to SDI converter so i can either connect a modern pc to my PVM or HDMI enabled console.

my pvm likely supports either SMPTE 259M or SMPTE 344M

i would assume the digital to digital converter wouldn't introduce very much lag.
>>
>>3849619
>capture your composhit signal and clean it as much as it can and improve the quality by using the component output
polished shit is still shit.
>>
>>3850454

I'm fine with this. As long as I can connect it.
>>
>>3847815
Buy a PC-10 cabinet or a SHARP Titler or stop playing pretend. That or use composite like God intended.
>>
>>3848364
friends don't let friends mangle NESs and Famicoms to output emulator tier colors
>>
>>3850580
>MOOOOOM THE SKY IN MARIO IS THE WRONG COLOR! MOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
>>
Are there any composite upscalers that specifically do NOT scale to 9:16?
>>
>>3850623
sick burn dude
>>
>>3850624

They all scale to 16:9, because all 720p and 1080i/p signals are interpreted as 16:9 by all televisions.

What you're asking for is a scaler that will also windowbox (or pillarbox) 4:3 material within the 16:9 image. Some do, some don't.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.