[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FF8 on PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 18ny5z2lp7z78png.png (274KB, 678x1365px) Image search: [Google]
18ny5z2lp7z78png.png
274KB, 678x1365px
So I decided I want to play this game.
What's the best way to go about it?

1) Emulate PS1 version?
2) Get the Steam version?

For each case, is there any fan-made enhancement for the game (HD textures, models, gameplay balance?
>>
>>3846294
I've played on the original hardware, on emulator on PC, and the PC version.. but years ago. I remember that the PC version has some patches that have to do with graphics enhancements and other utilities like save game editors, midi extractors, among some other stuff.

If I were you and 1st time playing I'd do a vanilla PS1 emulated on PC on mednafen.
>>
>>3846294
Here's a tip: Enemy level scale with your level, but since the best way to gain stat by junctioning magic (which you have to draw from enemies since they are limited), you'll end up playing cards most of the time since it is the only possible way to permanently increase a character's stat.
>>
>>3846294

If a game is available on Steam I will buy it. It encourages more steam ports.

I want FFT and Tactics Ogre on there.
>>
>>3846294
You know, there's already a thread on FF8. You really didn't need to make a new one. That being said, PS1 emulator is probably safest. I know the Steam port used to have audio problems. Dunno if they've been fixed, but I'd sooner not encourage lazy ports.
>>
>>3846560
literally nobody draws magic from enemies, I don't know who started this meme, or why it keeps going around, but if you played this game, you'd absolutely know that refining magic is the way to go.

And low level enemies are only going to have low level magic, so you're going to have to count on using a late game GF ability to level up any enemy to be worthwhile, just to sit there and draw magic you could even refine items for even easier.
>>
The PC version allows you to play Chocobo World, which is inaccessible on the PS1 due to requiring a PocketStation. So if you play the PS1 version, you'll either have to import a PocketStation or miss out on the exclusive items you can win from playing Chocobo World.

>>3846327
>PS1 emulated on PC on mednafen

Is this some ham-fisted effort at shilling mednafen? I fail to see why OP would need to emulate the game at all. The game is dirt cheap, and as long as he owns a PS1, PS2 or even a PS3, it can be played with full compatibility.
>>
>>3846596
>Is this some ham-fisted effort at shilling mednafen?
yes I'm a shill I get paid money by those faggots to spend my time on /vr/ and other message boards inciting to use their software...

wtf ... it just happens to be the fucking way I played the game once. Also, the fucking PS1 original CD is not easily found in some parts of the world... for fucks sake. Last day on /vr/ so long faggots lmfao...
>>
File: 1488649538744.jpg (44KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1488649538744.jpg
44KB, 282x341px
>>3846610
>Last day on /vr/ so long faggots lmfao...

You sure showed us
>>
>>3846610
>is not easily found in some parts of the world
You make it sound like he'd have to hack through dense rainforest and explore mayan ruins in order to find a copy.
>>
>>3846645

Indiana Jones and the PocketStation.
>>
>>3846610
>Also, the fucking PS1 original CD is not easily found in some parts of the world

>What is eBay
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.